Book on DL, flying VS

Old Sep 12, 16, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM 2 Million Miler, UA, AA, FN, Marriott Gold, Holiday Inn Plat, Hyatt Plat
Book on DL, flying VS

Embarrassing question ... I have been flying for 40 years and have 2 MM with DL but have a question that only this group of friends can answer (hopefully in kindness).

I am booked on DL on Sept. 24 but flying on Virgin from ATL to LHR. First time on Virgin, looking for a little different experience. Do I check in at the international terminal with DL (surely VS does not have desk for one or two flights a day) or is there a VS desk?

If I check in with VS (assuming they have an agent) should I check in online with the DL app or download the VS app and use it for check in? I'm flying Premium Economy (with carry-on luggage) so hoping for a more pleasant experience than my DL Economy+ seats to Moscow and CDG.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 12, 16, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
From the VS ATL page "Counter check in: You’ll find our check in desks in Row 3 (door 2) of the International Terminal. Check in opens at 14:30 and closes at 16:30. Once we’ve got you checked in it’s a good idea to head straight through security and immigration, as the check in area can get busy."
VS PE is a good product. Comfortable seating & good entertainment.
Old Sep 12, 16, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
You checkin using the airline operating your flight. This means if using an app, use the VS app. Yes VS normally has its own checkin, even at JFK they have their own checkin positions. DL may man the positions with DL agents in VS uniforms at some locations.

DL currently has no PE product. C+ is simply a slightly elevated level of service in the main cabin. It's one of the reasons I feel DL misrepresents C+ as PE with the change to W fares.
Old Sep 12, 16, 9:22 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
DL currently has no PE product. C+ is simply a slightly elevated level of service in the main cabin. It's one of the reasons I feel DL misrepresents C+ as PE with the change to W fares.
DL doesn't sell W fares on international flights so I don't see how they're misrepresenting it.
Old Sep 12, 16, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
DL doesn't sell W fares on international flights so I don't see how they're misrepresenting it.
They just started or will start in a few days.
Old Sep 12, 16, 9:30 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
They do in some markets for travel on/after September 19th.
Old Sep 13, 16, 4:27 am

Thanks to all.

Bought my ticket 6 weeks ago and the category says:

Codeshare Operated
Premium (W) Class (W)

Looking forward to a real nice product with its own cabin and dinner on real "China" rather than ripping a sealed cover off a plastic container ... since the price is higher. Comfort+ International on DL is definitely not worth $100 or more each way for an inch or two more of recline.
Old Sep 13, 16, 5:13 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Originally Posted by jwestbury View Post
Thanks to all.

Bought my ticket 6 weeks ago and the category says:

Codeshare Operated
Premium (W) Class (W)

Looking forward to a real nice product with its own cabin and dinner on real "China" rather than ripping a sealed cover off a plastic container ... since the price is higher. Comfort+ International on DL is definitely not worth $100 or more each way for an inch or two more of recline.
Assuming you are flying PE on Virgin, here are some pics of what you can expect from the in-flight product.

http://travelingpanties.com/2014/04/...e-extra-money/

https://whenitraveltheworld.wordpres...-boeing-787-9/