Unable to OLCI question

Old Sep 11, 16, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Unable to OLCI question

Hi!

I'm flying FCO-DTW tomorrow on DL, with a ticket booked on KLM, and I can't OLCI.

Should I anticipate any issues at the airport? I have Global Entry, but this is the first time using it.

I have a unique booking, as I arrived in Europe using United points on LH. This return is actually an open jaw, FCO-DTW, with DTW-AMS-MIL next April. I booked this was as it was much cheaper than a one-way and I plan on visiting again next year. I'm rretuning with points on that trip.
Old Sep 11, 16, 8:46 am

Programs: DL Plat; Marriott Plat; HHonors Gold; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
I suspect you'll be subject to additional screening at the gate. Just returned from ZRH last week and one of our 6-person travel party couldn't do OLCI. Found out at the gate that she had been selected for additional screening.
Old Sep 11, 16, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It could be that DL thinks you need a visa.
Old Sep 11, 16, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Haha, thanks, I figured as much. It's a 1130am flight, and as long as I make my train connection at Roma termini, Ill be at FCO at 915am, which should be plenty of time.
Old Sep 11, 16, 11:23 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
I had a similar experiences. After checking in I saw the sssss on my ticket. Just had to go through additional security. (Flew in on one airline flying back on another.)

Last edited by securesmaskfirst; Sep 11, 16 at 11:23 am Reason: Punctuation matters.
Old Sep 11, 16, 11:40 am

Programs: Delta 360/DM/2MM, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite/Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dom Bologna View Post
I'm flying FCO-DTW tomorrow on DL, with a ticket booked on KLM, and I can't OLCI.
FWIW I regularly travel on international codeshare itinerary and frequently cannot check in. If you cannot check in via KLM website, send a direct message to @KLM on Twitter if you have concerns. They are quite responsive, as are Delta.
Old Sep 11, 16, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by webmarks View Post
FWIW I regularly travel on international codeshare itinerary and frequently cannot check in. If you cannot check in via KLM website, send a direct message to @KLM on Twitter if you have concerns. They are quite responsive, as are Delta.
The last time OLCI didn't work for me, I called DL where the DM line agent said it's because I needed a visa. I said that this was wrong, but the agent insisted that this was why I couldn't check in. After a frustrating hour on the phone nothing was resolved, but I was concerned about the message to arrive at the airport three hours early.

DL really needs to do something to fix all of the erroneous stuff about passengers needing visas when they do NOT need a visa.
Old Sep 11, 16, 5:47 pm
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA PLT, DL PLT,SPG, Priority Pass, Accor LeClub Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Other shiny cards
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
DL really needs to do something to fix all of the erroneous stuff about passengers needing visas when they do NOT need a visa.
This. Not long time ago, I had issues while checking in because the system was telling the agent I needed a visa for The Netherlands but not for France, as she specified I had a French resident permit, which allows me to enter or freely move through any schengen state.
Old Sep 11, 16, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Global Entry, GL_Marriott, GHertz
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...enied-gru.html

That thread reports on my recent issue with OLCI and the 'visa' problem. I will know in 30 minutes if the return suffers the same fate.

However, I often have trouble in Europe when returning on AF or KLM so I found it best to use their app for OLCI.
Old Sep 12, 16, 1:06 am
Original Poster

I arrived at 800 for a 1130 flight and got the SSSS on my boarding pass. Just about all my stuff is in my checked bag. I just have my electronics and a Miss Frascati cookie for my brother (look it up). I haven't received any extra screening yet, but theyre checking people from the prior flight at the gate. I have Sky priority, so I'll be near the front.

I just got global entry and this is the first time using it. I didn't even get TSA precheck on the way here as LH doesn't participate.
Old Sep 12, 16, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Yep, I got the friendly pat down and bag inspection at the gate. Thank you to the posters who said I'd get SSSS. I sped things up by checking most of my stuff!

I wanted to say "Ladies and gentlemen, I implore you." During the pat down
Old Sep 12, 16, 4:01 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
I just got global entry and this is the first time using it. I didn't even get TSA precheck on the way here as LH doesn't participate.
They do participate:

Aeromexico
Air Canada
Alaska Airlines
Allegiant Air
American Airlines
Cape Air
Delta Air Lines
Etihad Airways
Hawaiian Airlines
JetBlue Airways
Lufthansa
OneJet
Seaborne Airlines
Southwest Airlines
Sun Country Airlines
United Airlines
Virgin America
WestJet
Old Sep 12, 16, 4:56 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Hi!

Should I anticipate any issues at the airport? I have Global Entry, but this is the first time using it.

I have a unique booking, as I arrived in Europe using United points on LH. This return is actually an open jaw, FCO-DTW, with DTW-AMS-MIL next April. I booked this was as it was much cheaper than a one-way and I plan on visiting again next year. I'm rretuning with points on that trip.
I flew MAD-MIA on IB over the weekend and couldn't do OLCI. Called IB and was told that US-bound flights are not OLCI-eligible. Don't do a lot of International travel so I took them at their word and checked in at the airport counter with no issues / additional screening, etc.
Old Sep 12, 16, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Grouchy View Post
They do participate:

Aeromexico
Air Canada
Alaska Airlines
Allegiant Air
American Airlines
Cape Air
Delta Air Lines
Etihad Airways
Hawaiian Airlines
JetBlue Airways
Lufthansa
OneJet
Seaborne Airlines
Southwest Airlines
Sun Country Airlines
United Airlines
Virgin America
WestJet
Depends when poster flew. I believe it just went active on the 2nd or so.
Old Sep 13, 16, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Depends when poster flew. I believe it just went active on the 2nd or so.
Correct, I flew out on the 1st; missed it by a day, I guess. I didn't even realize they had been added. Nice to know, though!