Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Korean Air and Delta to Strengthen Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card

ARTICLE: http://www.publicnow.com/view/828D83...DBE521FAE8EA84

This is great news! ^^^
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:21 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Have they moved from Group 4?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
There's already a discussion on this. It was announced as part of the DL ATL-ICN flight and thus is in that thread.

Delta bringing back ATL-ICN

The article in your post is basically just a reprint of the DL news release.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:27 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Has DL given up on trying make something out of those crap Chinese airlines that it partners with?

Ending the Cold War with KE may be the best thing about Bubba Anderson's departure.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Sabai
Has DL given up on trying make something out of those crap Chinese airlines that it partners with?

Ending the Cold War with KE may be the best thing about Bubba Anderson's departure.
CI, and to bit lesser extant CZ aren't that bad. MU is just awful. Got to fly on all three recently, and can say even if it costs more I'll never step foot on an MU plane again. I'd be happy to fly KE except for the fact they keep their planes oven hot.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Originally Posted by flyerCO
.... MU is just awful..... I'll never step foot on an MU plane again.
Just the opposite for. I've been on 5 China Eastern flights this summer; Shanghai, Beijing, Qingdao, Yantai. No problems on any flight.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RRDD
Just the opposite for. I've been on 5 China Eastern flights this summer; Shanghai, Beijing, Qingdao, Yantai. No problems on any flight.
Same for me GMP-SHA and SHA-PEK. Actually really liked Hongqiao airport domestic terminal/lounge and service in the air was fine, if not exactly refined. Did not experience Pudong though so my experience may not be representative of the average MU experience.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
I hope this really happens because the my experience with the MU and Shanghai-PVG have been far, far less than even acceptable.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: Delta
Does this mean that I will be able to book Korean Air flights on the Delta web site? If so, both paid for and booked with Delta miles? Code-share flights only?
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nishimark
Does this mean that I will be able to book Korean Air flights on the Delta web site? If so, both paid for and booked with Delta miles? Code-share flights only?
You've always been able to book KE award flights online for a few years. DL.com won't do AF/KLM fares so highly unlikely it will do KE fares. DL will sell DL codeshares operated by KE, as has been the case for a while also.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Can we please get a partnership strong enough so I can fly from Australia to Asia with an airline outside China and get some kind of benefits :/
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You've always been able to book KE award flights online for a few years. DL.com won't do AF/KLM fares so highly unlikely it will do KE fares. DL will sell DL codeshares operated by KE, as has been the case for a while also.
Unfortunately the pricing often defaults to full-fare. Previously, DL REALLY didn't want you to buy a codeshare on KE, particularly on a KE-operated flight ex-US.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Can we please get a partnership strong enough so I can fly from Australia to Asia with an airline outside China and get some kind of benefits :/
There's VA, VN, and GA. CI is also decent, although don't know if you consider Taiwan either part of China or not.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Not to take this off topic, but just experienced Garuda business and economy medium haul, and it was beyond amazing service and comfort in both.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by bubbashow
Not to take this off topic, but just experienced Garuda business and economy medium haul, and it was beyond amazing service and comfort in both.
Even better they got approval to start flying to North America! This with a defrosting KE partnership could really boost DL/Skyteam's TPAC presence!

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...a-los-angeles/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.