Upcoming Fare sales to EU???

Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DM , MM ,Natl-Exec Elite,HH diamond,SPG gold
Upcoming Fare sales to EU???

Anyone have insight as to whether DL will be having fare sale anytime soon?
Planning trip late october to CDG flying out of BCN mid Nov. Biz fares around 5K right now.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by szerfam
Anyone have insight as to whether DL will be having fare sale anytime soon?
Planning trip late october to CDG flying out of BCN mid Nov. Biz fares around 5K right now.
Confused? How is a BCN-CDG RT pricing out at $5k?

Edit: Nevermind, wording is a bit confusing. Where you actually flying out of? Mid. Nov. is Thanksgiving time for the US, and lots of people go overseas for holiday.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Depending on the exact destination Thanksgiving can be cheap out of the US.
This applies more to Y than to J, though.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Sorry if that was confusing, I'm flying stateside to CDG and returning stateside from BCN, my departure city can be JFK, BOS or MIA, any of them work. Returning on the 14th or 15th. Just wondering more if they are going to have a fall fare sale. They usually have one post Labor Day but havent heard much.

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Confused? How is a BCN-CDG RT pricing out at $5k?

Edit: Nevermind, wording is a bit confusing. Where you actually flying out of? Mid. Nov. is Thanksgiving time for the US, and lots of people go overseas for holiday.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
If people knew for sure they would not buy tickets now.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
When exactly is "Late October"? Flights MIA-CDG and return BCN-MIA are running in the $3.4k range for sample searches 10/28 to 11/1 outbound and 11/14 to 11/15 return.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
November (???) 14-15th is not Thanksgiving holiday travel. I wouldn't expect special fares beyond a more general fall sale. It's clearly beyond high season for tourists, but then we're primarily talking about coach fares. This isn't a particularly low time for business travel.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Not available now (I booked on 6/10), but I was able to book DCA-JFK-AMS-ATH-CDG-AMS-MSP-DCA for T'giving for $1152.46. Mix of P, Z, and J fares. Sold on 006 ticket stock.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:41 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I bought my Jan 2016 LHR business ticket ($1624) on Oct 15 2015. I'd been following the Premium Fare deals forum. There's a thread called Thanksgiving Fare deals or similar you might want to follow - can check at what point in previous years the "good" sales have come out.....
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
I bought my Jan 2016 LHR business ticket ($1624) on Oct 15 2015. I'd been following the Premium Fare deals forum. There's a thread called Thanksgiving Fare deals or similar you might want to follow - can check at what point in previous years the "good" sales have come out.....
OP isn't traveling around Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OP isn't traveling around Thanksgiving or Christmas.
The fare sales mentioned in that thread often extend beyond Thanksgiving or Christmas, and reading the history in the thread (and others in that forum) could provide context for the question "when could there be a sale". Of course, YMMV.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

I was looking at departing the 24 or 25th and returning the 14th or 15th. To save about 1200 i would depart a few days later.

Originally Posted by javabytes
When exactly is "Late October"? Flights MIA-CDG and return BCN-MIA are running in the $3.4k range for sample searches 10/28 to 11/1 outbound and 11/14 to 11/15 return.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.