Lounge Access at CDG

Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Amex Plat, Priority Pass, Hertz Gl, SPG Gold Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Lounge Access at CDG

Flying DL CDG to ATL in Y
DL Plat, Amex Plat and PriorityPass

what Lounge(s) can I access at CDG?

thanks
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by renault4
Flying DL CDG to ATL in Y
DL Plat, Amex Plat and PriorityPass

what Lounge(s) can I access at CDG?

thanks
As ST+ on an international flight, you'll be able to access the Air France lounge in your departure terminal at CDG. Pretty sure they have lounges in most if not all of the terminals (some are better or at least larger than others - there's a lounge thread in the AF forum if you want to read up)
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
The Air France lounges that I've seen at CDG are quite lovely. One day recently they had some kind of celebrity chef cooking demo, deliciously cooked to order items. There was quite the lineup for that amazing food.

I'm saddened when my (usually short) layovers at CDG prevent me from visiting.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
You won't be disappointed with the lounges in CDG.

Champagne and vodka are kept on ice. The only place their beverage service could be faulted is that the only beer they stock is Heineken in the funny looking narrow 25 cl cylinders.

The bathrooms seem to be constantly serviced, and the furniture is by and large comfortable.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:23 pm

I think it was 2F (one being remodeled this year?) that we visited in Nov or Dec 2014 that was basically a large room with not much in the way of food or drink, prior to a flight to NUE. No alcohol? Not at all what I had used before when heading back to the US from 2E. So I never make assumptions about lounges I haven't been in ever or recently
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
OP will have access to the 2E lounge for the pier (K, L, or M) from which the ATL flight departs. These are the three really good lounges, with some variations that don't matter since the OP won't get to select between them.

The 2F lounges (Schengen area) are much smaller, with somewhat fewer services. I think one of these is currently under renovation.

And then, there's 2G...
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:52 pm

Bennos nailed it. 2E (K,L or M gates) will be available for you.

I connect through CDG monthly coming home from Africa (flying in Y). I grab a nice hot shower and enjoy a nice hot breakfast every time in the AF lounge. It's quite nice. Enjoy.^
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
We have a long connection at CDG (4 hrs) coming from the US on DL and leaving intra-Schengen on AF.
Which lounge would be our best choice ?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:58 pm

As noted above, you only have access to the lounge in your departure terminal/pier.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by thesaints
We have a long connection at CDG (4 hrs) coming from the US on DL and leaving intra-Schengen on AF.
Which lounge would be our best choice ?
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
As noted above, you only have access to the lounge in your departure terminal/pier.
There are two lounges in 2F, one for each pier, and both are physically accessible (as of the security reorganization a few years ago), though you may be advised on checking in to use the other lounge. They are basically identical, and so the best choice is the one closest to your flight.

The lounge near F50 was under renovation, but according to the Air France website it should have reopened on Sunday. If so, that might be nicer as it would be newer. If not, then the only option is F30.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bennos
OP will have access to the 2E lounge for the pier (K, L, or M) from which the ATL flight departs. These are the three really good lounges, with some variations that don't matter since the OP won't get to select between them.

The 2F lounges (Schengen area) are much smaller, with somewhat fewer services. I think one of these is currently under renovation.

And then, there's 2G...
If I remember I believe L is slightly less of lounge then the others. It was rather pathetic when I was there just a few weeks ago. Barely any food, no alcohol, and seemed more like just a place to sit.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
The M lounge is the nicest, with the best food, or at least was last year. K and L are pretty good. The Schengen lounges in F are okay, but to my mind a bit claustrophobic.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:33 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mot29
The M lounge is the nicest, with the best food, or at least was last year. K and L are pretty good. The Schengen lounges in F are okay, but to my mind a bit claustrophobic.
I'm really glad you brought this up . . . .

Them M lounge, is amazing! But . . . . I've only been in there once. My flights to the USA always seem to leave from K.

Is there a way to get to M if your flight leaves from K? If so, is it worth the time to do it? What's the deal, as to which flights leave from where? Anybody know if there's a pattern?

Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by davetravels
I'm really glad you brought this up . . . .

Them M lounge, is amazing! But . . . . I've only been in there once. My flights to the USA always seem to leave from K.

Is there a way to get to M if your flight leaves from K? If so, is it worth the time to do it? What's the deal, as to which flights leave from where? Anybody know if there's a pattern?

As I recall, the K-L-M train is behind security and you can move from one to the other, but others may know better than me.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by mot29
As I recall, the K-L-M train is behind security and you can move from one to the other, but others may know better than me.
No, the train is not airside and you won't be able to move between the piers. You'll only have access to the pier your flight departs from, but as many have said the lounges in all of them are lovely, though K and M have slightly more amenities than the L lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.