Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why am I getting lower fares for the same flight on Air France?

Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: VX Elevate, B6 TrueBlue, DL SkyMiles
Question Why am I getting lower fares for the same flight on Air France?

Why am I getting a round trip fare on airfrance.com that is $100 dollars cheaper than the exact same flight (operated by AF, DL codeshare) booked through delta.com? The AF fare is inclusive of all fees, so I don't get the fare difference? What's that all about?
Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:16 pm

Is there only codeshare availability in a higher fare class than what AF is selling?
Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Widgets
Is there only codeshare availability in a higher fare class than what AF is selling?
Not sure what you mean? There is availability in W whether booked through delta.com or airfrance.com, only that the AF quote is $100 cheaper.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vxflyer
Not sure what you mean? There is availability in W whether booked through delta.com or airfrance.com, only that the AF quote is $100 cheaper.
The DL coded flight is a different flight then the AF coded one, even though it will be operated by the same plane. Thus the DL flight might only have full PE fares while the AF could have discounted W fares.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
The DL coded flight is a different flight then the AF coded one, even though it will be operated by the same plane. Thus the DL flight might only have full PE fares while the AF could have discounted W fares.
Oh, well in that case, forget DL, I'll book with AF.

Thanks for the answers!
Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
In some cases in the past (haven't tried recently) I've gotten "cheaper" flights on AF because it will put me in coach for a connecting flight when I do premium economy for the TATL portion, but Delta was putting me in 1st class for that same connecting flight (now they might do C+)
Old Sep 5, 2016, 6:11 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver

Delta <apparently> thinx - - that YOU'LL think - - it's worth $100 extra to see "DL" on your itin.

Old Sep 5, 2016, 6:22 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Just call Delta and give them the specifics. They can book whatever you see on AF.com.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTT
Just call Delta and give them the specifics. They can book whatever you see on AF.com.
A DL ticket will earn miles/MQD's based on price. OP may do better with an AF ticket which will use miles flown to calculate these.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:58 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Be careful and verify the fare rules. Delta most of the time sells Non-refundable but changeable flights, while AF is notorious for selling the same flights at a lower fare with zero flexibility (no changes allowed even on extreme circumstances) or a higher change fee. Check ITA for the specific fare rules of each flight.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:17 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I've seen this many times between AF and KLM.
For example, it's often that a flight operated by KLM is several hundreds € more expensive with the AF code on it or the other way around.

This the reason why I always check both website and google flight before buying anything.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by flyerCO
DL only sells W fares that correspond to AF's cheapest W bucket (A; also true for DL selling VA and VS W). (Usually I have the opposite "problem", AF will offer more expensive itineraries that DL refuses to sell.)
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by bennos
DL only sells W fares that correspond to AF's cheapest W bucket (A; also true for DL selling VA and VS W). (Usually I have the opposite "problem", AF will offer more expensive itineraries that DL refuses to sell.)
Hmm, actually this seems to have changed. DL appears to be selling S fares based on some sample bookings I just tried.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.