Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T3 Lounge access (GM + Economy)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LBJ
There is no arrivals lounge access for Skyteam Elite Plus. You will only get KL lounge access at AMS if you have an onward Skyteam flight.
Actually many skyteam elite plus members get arrivals access and I have done it about 10 times over the past 5 years. I have even used the lounge after arriving from a CI flight and used the lounge to wait for an Easy jet flight to Southend 4 or 5 hrs later. I heard Delta members however had troubles.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tris06
Actually many skyteam elite plus members get arrivals access and I have done it about 10 times over the past 5 years. I have even used the lounge after arriving from a CI flight and used the lounge to wait for an Easy jet flight to Southend 4 or 5 hrs later. I heard Delta members however had troubles.
You got lucky. There is no arrival lounge benefit for STE+. Most likely the agent was confused since you were flying onward and thought you got in, even though onward flight wasn't on ST. However the issue isn't DL, the issue is KLM enforcing the actual rules.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flyerCO
You got lucky. There is no arrival lounge benefit for STE+. Most likely the agent was confused since you were flying onward and thought you got in, even though onward flight wasn't on ST. However the issue isn't DL, the issue is KLM enforcing the actual rules.
It is not Lucky. I have gone into the lounge and only showed my flight boarding pass from CI and even mentioned I am Just resting before going into Amsterdam.

Now if your experience is opposite then are you a delta medalion member? Well it could be the reason as delta wont pay KLM for the entry for their members arriving at AMS and not flying onwards. The front desk even told me once this is why delta members could not get for arrivals access.

There is a thread In the skyteam forum I think You can dig up or if you like I can link for You.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Just found the thread....
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/1393726-arrival-lounge-access-sky-team-flights-6.html
Old Apr 27, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
From 2 plus years aho, except for last entry. There never has been an arrival lounge benefit. KLM finally within last 2 years has had to tighten up on who they let in, due to overcrowding. Even people with legit access are being turned away.

I'm sure that you believe there's arrival accesd, but that's never been the case. It was simply a matter of less crowded lounges and thus less rigorous enforcement of the rule.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:35 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The SkyTeam rules are pretty clear:

https://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges/

SkyTeam Elite Plus

Regardless of their travel class, SkyTeam Elite Plus members traveling on, or connecting to/from, a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline have access to a lounge. Lounge access will be provided only at your departure airport and transfer airports, and not on arrival. For connecting customers, both the domestic and international flights must be operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Simply present your boarding passes and a valid Elite Plus membership card for the lounge agent to validate for admission.
The KLM site is murkier

https://www.klm.com/travel/us_en/pre...ess_policy.htm

Please note that you will need to be travelling on a KLM-operated or on an international SkyTeam-operated flight on that same day or on a domestic SkyTeam-operated flight that connects to or from a SkyTeam-operated international flight on the same day.
it just says "on an international SkyTeam-operated flight on that same day" and does not have the "not on arrival" exclusion.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:40 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Well it does not really matter. I get access. I Had access 3 times within the last 12 months for arrival. The KLM lounge is going through renovations which will be larger eventually so if there are Any restrictions which I have not seen yet. I do believe the renovations will be complete this year.

If you like I can update you on my experience this summer when I am arriving into Amsterdam.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:49 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I've also been told a few times the Delta pax are not allowed to enter on arrival (I use to do this all the time and I'm in AMS 3-6 times a year) since Delta is no longer paying for the arrivals without ongoing connections.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Thanks... NOLAnwGOLD

In addition to Zorak. Yes Skyteam rules say this but it is completely up to individual airlines to go beyond these rules and offer better services to skyteam elite plus members as they value them and I have felt that from KLM as they have on occasion given me a better seat for the short haul hops when i did transfer through Amsterdam. This has given me a more positive impression of the airline and I would be more keen to fly them if CI does not fly that route. Now there must be some transaction that takes place where the airline (that the member is from) is required to pay if they are stepping off that particular airline and using a skyteam lounge. So for example CI (China airlines) pays KLM when I access the lounge on arrival in AMS. Skyteam rules do not say you cannot do that. What this means is KLM does not need to do that and it could always in the future withdraw the benefit just like the Air France arrival lounge in Paris benefit was ended because the arrival lounge which i never tried sounded like it was very small and had a large demand. KLM I suspect could be tempted to take the benefit away but that is just because of the renovations and expansion works going on which of course is temporary.

Delta refused to pay KLM when KLM about 5 years ago granted Delta members arrival access (And yes some of you did get to enjoy that long ago too). But they got into an argument with Delta and had to remove delta members from the invited list. If you feel annoyed about that then you should get Delta your airline to pay for you. But they don't obviously see how it will improve their profit margins.

Going back to the original issue of why I first typed in a Delta forum. I am perfectly fine I cant get an invite to the Virgin lounge or No 1 lounge. Would have been nice but not the end of the world and if I thought it was then wow I really am spoiled.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:05 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So golds do get into the LHR T3 No.1 lounge. It's actually pretty clearly printed even on the signs around the terminal for that and as well on the DL website. Hadn't heard much about it however. "While access to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse in London-Heathrow is not available to Gold Medallion Members, these Members may enjoy access to No1 Lounges, Heathrow at LHR’s Terminal 3. Please travel with and be prepared to show proof of your Medallion status to the Virgin Atlantic representative to receive these benefits."

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...aqs.html#Terms
Old Oct 5, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Any ideas if GMs accessing the No1 lounges in T3 have access to showers? AFAIK, Priority Pass members have to pay to use them, but other airlines contracting with No1 will grant shower access to their passengers. Wondering if DL is the same?
Old Oct 5, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Any ideas if GMs accessing the No1 lounges in T3 have access to showers? AFAIK, Priority Pass members have to pay to use them, but other airlines contracting with No1 will grant shower access to their passengers. Wondering if DL is the same?
All I can say is all written rules state the shower charge is £10 and there are no exceptions listed anywhere. It’s £15 for those not on an access-scheme links PP and GMs and who just want to use the shower and not the lounge. But give it a shot and report back here.

£10 is actually a bargain compared to some other places that don’t offer comped showers. The Aspire charges £15 for lounge guests. As you’re a US resident, the dollar is pretty strong right now so it’s only about $12.50.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 2:01 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
All I can say is all written rules state the shower charge is £10 and there are no exceptions listed anywhere. It’s £15 for those not on an access-scheme links PP and GMs and who just want to use the shower and not the lounge. But give it a shot and report back here.

£10 is actually a bargain compared to some other places that don’t offer comped showers. The Aspire charges £15 for lounge guests. As you’re a US resident, the dollar is pretty strong right now so it’s only about $12.50.
Thanks Oakshadow! Just got into No1 and asked whether showers were included for Delta passengers -- and I was given complimentary access. So it seems like the policy includes it for now...
Old Oct 6, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Thanks Oakshadow! Just got into No1 and asked whether showers were included for Delta passengers -- and I was given complimentary access. So it seems like the policy includes it for now...
Excellent! Thanks for the data point!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.