Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T3 Lounge access (GM + Economy)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, HiltonHHonors Gold, Hertz PC (thru DL)
Any insight into guest policy? As a PM, I believe I can take my wife into the US SkyClubs when we're traveling internationally, but what about the No.1 Lounge?

Originally Posted by scongro
Those are the rules as I understand them:

- GM and Above in Main Cabin/C+: No1 Lounge
- Delta One (status or not): Virgin Clubhouse

What I don't know is if a PM/DM was in Main Cabin/C+, can they use the Clubhouse?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by g-wwbm
Any insight into guest policy? As a PM, I believe I can take my wife into the US SkyClubs when we're traveling internationally, but what about the No.1 Lounge?
There have been some recent policy changes and both DM's and PM's and one guest can now access the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse -- http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...d-updates.html

"Starting June 1, 2017, Platinum Medallion Members plus one guest who are traveling in Delta Main Cabin, Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy or Virgin Atlantic Economy cabin are able to access the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse located in Terminal 3 in London-Heathrow. As a reminder, Diamond Medallion Members began receiving the same level of Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access on February 16, 2017."

Also, PM's and DM's can access the Virgin Atlantic Revivals lounge upon arrival (presumably with one guest).
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
There have been some recent policy changes and both DM's and PM's and one guest can now access the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse -- http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...d-updates.html

"Starting June 1, 2017, Platinum Medallion Members plus one guest who are traveling in Delta Main Cabin, Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy or Virgin Atlantic Economy cabin are able to access the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse located in Terminal 3 in London-Heathrow. As a reminder, Diamond Medallion Members began receiving the same level of Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access on February 16, 2017."

Also, PM's and DM's can access the Virgin Atlantic Revivals lounge upon arrival (presumably with one guest).
I believe the Revivals lounge access is only for PMs and DMs, no guests.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
I believe the Revivals lounge access is only for PMs and DMs, no guests.
Correct, no guests. They'll offer to let you pay, but an obscene amount. Last check around 40 pounds.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:35 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by LBJ

Can PM/DM pay for a second guest at the Clubhouse?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:03 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by C W
Can PM/DM pay for a second guest at the Clubhouse?
No.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:06 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by SDQBound
No.
Thank you.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:11 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I was surprised Delta was flying out of T3 and not T4 but makes sense due to virgin atlantic and really I hope they could join skyteam and move all to T4.

We Just booked a return flight from JFK to LHR this June /July. We booked delta comfort and I hold a Emerald Card with China Airlines which is skyteam elite plus. I assume my accompaning grandmother can be guested as per skyteam rules at both airports flying out?

What are our lounge options at JFK? Flying out at around 8pm. And No1 lounge out of LHR T3? Flying out at 5pm from LHR.
Quite an exciting trip as it has been 28 years since the last time I went to the USA.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tris06
I was surprised Delta was flying out of T3 and not T4 but makes sense due to virgin atlantic and really I hope they could join skyteam and move all to T4.

We Just booked a return flight from JFK to LHR this June /July. We booked delta comfort and I hold a Emerald Card with China Airlines which is skyteam elite plus. I assume my accompaning grandmother can be guested as per skyteam rules at both airports flying out?

What are our lounge options at JFK? Flying out at around 8pm. And No1 lounge out of LHR T3? Flying out at 5pm from LHR.
Quite an exciting trip as it has been 28 years since the last time I went to the USA.
You will get access to the Delta Sky Club at JFK for you and grandmother.

AS for LHR, since you're not in business, neither you, nor grandmother will get access. Since VS isn't part of ST, the partnership is strictly limited to DL elites. Since there is no ST lounge in T3, no lounge access. DL only provides ST elite plus passengers lounge access when not in J when there is a ST lounge.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I suppose I am not surprised by from what I heard about delta before.

I think we will survive 1 or 2 hours without drinks. An odd situation As I think most other carriers In skyteam offer access for contract lounges.
It is a once off trying delta so it should be interesting all the same. And their JFK lounge looks decent enough.

Did that situation for delta members flying into AMS and getting arrivals access at the KLM lounge get sorted out?

Thanks for the fast reply. Yeah 4,500/5000 USD delta one price did not interest me for an 8 hour flight. My parents Just purchased a business class flight from Australia to London for like 3700 USD which is 23hrs in total in the air.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:38 am

Simple? Question.

If I read the Skyteam.com site correctly, a GM (which is Elite Plus) has access to the SkyTeam lounges? DH is traveling to/fro MEM-MSP monthly for a bit, and I see there is one there. Does he get access to it?

Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stan1162
If I read the Skyteam.com site correctly, a GM (which is Elite Plus) has access to the SkyTeam lounges? DH is traveling to/fro MEM-MSP monthly for a bit, and I see there is one there. Does he get access to it?

Thanks.

Only if flying same day international skyteam flight.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by stan1162

Thanks.
The Elite Plus access to SkyTeam lounges is only when flying international itineraries (with the exception of Caribbean destinations). Your husband will not have access on MEM-MSP travel.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 6:10 am

Thanks for the quick response!
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tris06
I suppose I am not surprised by from what I heard about delta before.

I think we will survive 1 or 2 hours without drinks. An odd situation As I think most other carriers In skyteam offer access for contract lounges.
It is a once off trying delta so it should be interesting all the same. And their JFK lounge looks decent enough.

Did that situation for delta members flying into AMS and getting arrivals access at the KLM lounge get sorted out?

Thanks for the fast reply. Yeah 4,500/5000 USD delta one price did not interest me for an 8 hour flight. My parents Just purchased a business class flight from Australia to London for like 3700 USD which is 23hrs in total in the air.
There is no arrivals lounge access for Skyteam Elite Plus. You will only get KL lounge access at AMS if you have an onward Skyteam flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.