Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Invitation to tea and cake at Delta security office, JFK on Friday 9th September

Invitation to tea and cake at Delta security office, JFK on Friday 9th September

Old Sep 4, 16, 10:12 pm
  #31  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Posts: 8,144
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat View Post
This is charming and all, but pretty indecipherable if you actually are hoping a DL employee can understand what happened to your bag and how to fix the problem.
agreed, while entertaining for all on FT to read, not so much for those at Delta. Your letter, while fun to read, won't get anyone over at DL jumping through hoops to find your bag.
DL2SXM is offline  
Old Sep 4, 16, 11:42 pm
  #32  
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: PIT
Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Posts: 15,408
Originally Posted by DL2SXM View Post
agreed, while entertaining for all on FT to read, not so much for those at Delta. Your letter, while fun to read, won't get anyone over at DL jumping through hoops to find your bag.
The letter, if it was indeed sent, was eMailed to:

"Dear Delta Investor Relations"
Even if it was written in a non-entertaining, normal, businesslike letter format, do you really think anyone at "Delta Investor Relations" would give a hoot?
davetravels is offline  
Old Sep 5, 16, 12:15 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: AVL
Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
Posts: 687
Did you pay a fee to check the bag? If so, then you have additional remedies.
FirstInFlight is offline  
Old Sep 5, 16, 12:41 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Now in SLC
Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Posts: 3,118
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
Even if it was written in a non-entertaining, normal, businesslike letter format, do you really think anyone at "Delta Investor Relations" would give a hoot?
Note the OP said:

I couldn't find an email contact for Delta Press Relations, so hopefully you can pass this invitation on to them...
LoganFlyer is offline  
Old Sep 5, 16, 6:46 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,576
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
The letter, if it was indeed sent, was eMailed to:



Even if it was written in a non-entertaining, normal, businesslike letter format, do you really think anyone at "Delta Investor Relations" would give a hoot?
Actually, if the OP is a DL shareholder, and identifies himself as such, his e-mail will have some weight. Otherwise, you are probably correct.
SCEflyer is offline  
Old Sep 5, 16, 7:13 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Posts: 9,683
Originally Posted by SCEflyer View Post
Actually, if the OP is a DL shareholder, and identifies himself as such, his e-mail will have some weight. Otherwise, you are probably correct.
That is assuming the letter ever got there.
NoStressHere is offline  
Old Sep 5, 16, 9:25 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 8,098
Originally Posted by DL2SXM View Post
agreed, while entertaining for all on FT to read, not so much for those at Delta. Your letter, while fun to read, won't get anyone over at DL jumping through hoops to find your bag.
I really think the point was for all of us to read it and to get a laugh while OP vented frustration. You know, humor and levity. Good things, especially when all else fails.
jdrtravel is offline  
Old Sep 5, 16, 9:30 am
  #38  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Atherton, CA
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Posts: 21,693
Cool

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer View Post
Best. First post. Ever.
Not sure why you think this is a "first post."

Doc Savage is offline  
Old Sep 5, 16, 9:38 am
  #39  
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 16,814
Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
I really think the point was for all of us to read it and to get a laugh while OP vented frustration. You know, humor and levity. Good things, especially when all else fails.
^ I thought it was great.

Even if the practical solution is to sue them
Calchas is offline  
Old Sep 5, 16, 2:50 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 182
Originally Posted by deepbluetee View Post
If you get 2,500 for 20 mins, that works out at 9 million for 50 days ^
...and that's why Delta changed the TATL minimum to 140,000!
Robbyb03 is offline  
Old Sep 5, 16, 3:20 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,879
Originally Posted by Calchas View Post
^ I thought it was great.

Even if the practical solution is to sue them
The practical solution is to settle for up to $3,500 if domestic or 1,131 SDRs if international. IME, Delta proactively offers this after a delayed bag file remains open for 30 days.

Last edited by Widgets; Sep 5, 16 at 3:20 pm Reason: Changed "privately" to "proactively"
Widgets is offline  
Old Sep 11, 16, 12:03 pm
  #42  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Oslo
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 204
Just out of curiosity, how did the tea and cake party go? Did you retrieve your bag😊?
Hilde is offline  
Old Sep 11, 16, 11:21 pm
  #43  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MT, USA
Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
Posts: 450
Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
Just out of curiosity, how did the tea and cake party go? Did you retrieve your bag😊?
This!
Flaneurs is offline  
Old Sep 12, 16, 7:43 am
  #44  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Look up - On a ✈ DELTA ✈ jet NOW!
Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
Just out of curiosity, how did the tea and cake party go? Did you retrieve your bag😊?
Twitter apparently went "wild"

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...hebag&src=typd
Renes Points is offline  
Old Sep 12, 16, 10:55 am
  #45  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 91,528
Originally Posted by Renes Points View Post
Who has the FT twitter handle account with FT logo?
MSPeconomist is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: