Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Changing to two segments with same flight number - MQMs?

Old Sep 1, 2016, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond

Flying today on flights from XXX-ATL-YYY with flight XXX originating outside the U.S. There is an earlier flight from ATL-YYY but it shares the same flight number as XXX-ATL. This wouldn't bother me but I know "through" flights post as 1 segment and MQMs from XXX-YYY so would result in significantly lower MQM. If I SDC to the earlier flight with "through" flight number will the system recognize them as two distinct segments and cumulative MQMs since segments were split in the booking or a single flight with 1 segments and direct MQMs? Would rather be home earlier but also want to maximize MQMs, since it also includes a 1.5x D1 multiplier. Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If using SDC, no it would not be treated as a single flight. It has to be originally booked that way.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
There's no way to book you onto a thru flight when you've already flown the first half. DL123 XXX-ATL, DL123 XXX-YYY, and DL123 ATL-YYY ate all different flights even though flown on same aircraft. Once in ATL there's no way for them to book you on the DL123 XXX-YYY, only DL123 ATL-YYY.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Yes, you'll get credit for both segments.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all! Happily looks like there is availability so a huge bonus to make it home early with full MQM credit.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:43 pm

You will get the mileage but only credit for one segment.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
You will get the mileage but only credit for one segment.
Not if changed in ATL. Changing to the 2nd half of the direct flight from another will get 2 MQS. You only get 1 if you're booked all the way on the thru flight to begin with.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Not if changed in ATL. Changing to the 2nd half of the direct flight from another will get 2 MQS. You only get 1 if you're booked all the way on the thru flight to begin with.
Confirmed - 2 MQS posted after change made in ATL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.