Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will I have Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access?

Will I have Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access?

Old Oct 28, 19, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by s2w0w View Post
Showed my VS BP from the LAX-LHR segment and she didn't budge.

In flight connections there is a split between T3 and T2,T4, T5. To get to the clubhouse I went towards T3 and cleared security. Even though my BP was for T4 I was allowed in as I said I wanted to go shopping and use a lounge. To get back to T4, I went back to the area right after security and there is a door that will get you to the hallway before the terminal split. You will need to talk to someone to be able to use that door. Then just hop on the bus to T4.
If you weren't DL DM/PM she would've been correct. Add in saying only VS makes me think she wasn't thinking of the DL elite policy.
Old Oct 28, 19, 7:58 am

Clubhouse access at LHR has never been for arrival - they specifically have an arrival lounge for that. The onward flight is irrelevant as it's not part of VS's agreement with DL.
Old Nov 3, 19, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CarmenOM View Post
Delta PM and DM have access to the Revivals Lounge upon arrival at LHR. Only you will have access, no guests.
Hi - Iím in the same boat: Delta PM, and would like to access the LHR Revival Lounge in T3 on arrival. Iím flying Economy though.VS website says that only Upper Class/D1 members can access the Revival Lounge.

Anyone recently had a similar situation?
Old Nov 3, 19, 7:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by metalblaze View Post
Hi - Iím in the same boat: Delta PM, and would like to access the LHR Revival Lounge in T3 on arrival. Iím flying Economy though.VS website says that only Upper Class/D1 members can access the Revival Lounge.

Anyone recently had a similar situation?
I used the Revival Lounge about a year ago, Delta PM flying VS in PE. Unless thereís been a change since then, you should have no problem.
Old Nov 4, 19, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 View Post
Clubhouse access at LHR has never been for arrival - they specifically have an arrival lounge for that. The onward flight is irrelevant as it's not part of VS's agreement with DL.
OP wasn't arriving he was connecting onward from a same day US/UK TATL, on a VS or DL, UK flight. Who the onward carrier is doesn't matter. This is specific to DL elites.
Old Nov 4, 19, 5:23 am

Well, maybe. It sounded to me like he was on two separate tickets (I missed it if he specified one ticket).
Old Nov 13, 19, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Seems like a bit of a moving target but as a PM flying VS Premium Economy, I'd like to confirm Clubhouse access. I'm flying IAD-LHR-JNB return, and on the way to JNB I have a long layover and plan to leave the airport for an afternoon in London. On the way home, I won't leave the airport, but I have 4-5 hours of airport time, so definitely want to use the lounge if possible...

So my understanding is:
IAD - Yes
LHR Arrival - Yes
LHR Departure - No (but do have access to contract lounge?)

JNB Departure - No
LHR Arrival - No
LHR Departure - Yes
IAD Arrival - No (but wouldn't go even if I did)
Old Nov 13, 19, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by DC777Fan View Post
Seems like a bit of a moving target but as a PM flying VS Premium Economy, I'd like to confirm Clubhouse access. I'm flying IAD-LHR-JNB return, and on the way to JNB I have a long layover and plan to leave the airport for an afternoon in London. On the way home, I won't leave the airport, but I have 4-5 hours of airport time, so definitely want to use the lounge if possible...

So my understanding is:
IAD - Yes
LHR Arrival - Yes
LHR Departure - No (but do have access to contract lounge?)

JNB Departure - No
LHR Arrival - No
LHR Departure - Yes
I'm pretty sure you'll get lounge access for your LHR departure to JNB as long as it's the same day as your LHR arrival. Even if you leave the airport, you should still have access. At least, that's what I'm relying on for a JFK-LHR-HKG RT for next week.
Old Nov 14, 19, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DC777Fan View Post

So my understanding is:
IAD - Yes
LHR Arrival - Yes
LHR Departure - No Yes to Clubhouse (but do have access to contract lounge?)

JNB Departure - No
LHR Arrival - No Yes, if open at time of arrival
LHR Departure - Yes
Fixed the wrong item. You get clubhouse access as you're connecting to or from a DL/VS US/UK flight. Where it gets grey is when connecting from a US flight and connecting on a carrier other than VS. Since you'll be on VS no issues.
DC777Fan likes this.
Old Nov 18, 19, 4:09 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So I was looking at the VS.com site and seems they simplified it all:

Who can access our Clubhouses?

Virgin Atlantic customers travelling in Upper Class

Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold Members

Delta customers travelling in Delta One

Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion card holders

Delta SkyMiles Platinum Medallion card holders

Virgin Australia Velocity The Club card holders

Virgin Australia Velocity Platinum card holders

https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/g...t-lounges.html
In2ishn likes this.
Old Nov 18, 19, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Just got back from LHR. Platinum and Diamond get to bring in a guest as well. D1 pax do not get a guest, but VS pax in Upper Class can bring a guest if on the same flights.
Old Nov 18, 19, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by divrdrew View Post
Just got back from LHR. Platinum and Diamond get to bring in a guest as well. D1 pax do not get a guest, but VS pax in Upper Class can bring a guest if on the same flights.
Just gor clarity to others. You can bring a guest to the clubhouse NOT the arrival lounge.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Nov 18, 19, 6:50 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP
Interesting -- they say that VS Gold and Upper Class passengers will have premium drinks at the bars in the Sky Clubs they use.

I wonder if Delta will follow on with premium drinks for Gold+ and Delta One.
Old Nov 18, 19, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by VFR View Post
Interesting -- they say that VS Gold and Upper Class passengers will have premium drinks at the bars in the Sky Clubs they use.

I wonder if Delta will follow on with premium drinks for Gold+ and Delta One.
One has nothing to do with the other. It's simply VS ensuring their customers get the VS level of service at lounge. BA does same thing in cities where there's just an Admirals lounge and no Flagship lounge. (Ie Austin)
Old Nov 19, 19, 8:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
One thing surprised me in the clubhouse in LHR...was told that the head/neck massage was no longer on the list of complimentary services. I thought that was still an option. I did not let them know I was flying DL and not VS. Did they do away with that as a free service in JFK and LHR?

Search this Thread