Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will I have Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will I have Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I think you can go through the flight connections center back into T3 (possibly requires security re-screening) and access the VS lounge. Then I think you can go back into the FCC to take the bus to T4 (possibly requires re-screening again), sounds like there is plenty of time for all this.
No. Once you're into T3 there no path back to the connections bus between terminals. If OP wants to clear immigration, they can use the VS arrivals lounge. However that's not nearly same as Clubhouse.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
No. Once you're into T3 there no path back to the connections bus between terminals. If OP wants to clear immigration, they can use the VS arrivals lounge. However that's not nearly same as Clubhouse.
Yes. I'm nearly certain you can get back into the flight connections centre from the departure area at T3. Failing that, I'm definitely certain you can get to Arrivals, clear immigration to landside (and if e-gates eligible this should be quick now), and take the train to T4. I believe that either way, you want to follow signs for the Airline Service Desks and/or Arrivals, I think you can get in next to Ted Baker (which is where you'll likely come out after your first pass through the FCC), otherwise past Burberry and toward gates 23-42.

You don't need a T3 departing boarding pass to get back into T3, the Heathrow airport operator will accept a T4 BP--you can say you're going shopping. (But note you can't get into T5 at all without a T5 boarding pass, obviously not relevant here).
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Last edited by ijgordon; Sep 7, 2019 at 10:15 pm
Old Sep 8, 2019, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
As the poster isn’t departing T3 on VS or DL metal then there is simply no CH access.

flyerCO likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
As the poster isn’t departing T3 on VS or DL metal then there is simply no CH access.

Well that’s a broader question - the language is a “same-day US-UK flight”, there’s no specification it has to be a departing flight. I have no particular insight into how they put that into practice, but others here have suggested that the CH can be used with an arriving boarding pass (of course the BP only shows the departure date, so a red eye that arrives the next morning may not be considered “same day” but there doesn’t seem to be any specific definitions in the policy and “common sense” interpretation wold probably suggest eligibility.

Nonetheless, I was only commenting on one’s ability to access the LHR T3 CH entrance on a T3-T4 connecting itinerary assuming the previous posts about eligibility were correct.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:17 pm

While I agree that delta doesn't explicitly say whether you can access the clubhouse as an arrival lounge, the VS website is quite explicit that it's a departure lounge. I'd love to hear a trip report from someone who tries this but I'd bet that "denied" is a heavy favorite.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
While I agree that delta doesn't explicitly say whether you can access the clubhouse as an arrival lounge, the VS website is quite explicit that it's a departure lounge. I'd love to hear a trip report from someone who tries this but I'd bet that "denied" is a heavy favorite.
I dunno, try post #78 for one.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The poster is connecting onward, thus no issue being denied for ot being an arrival lounge. The issue is about physical access to the Clubhouse. Poster will be flying out of T4, not T3. I've never been aware of (and many other posts over years by other support this) a way to get past security in T3 and then make way to T4.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:59 am

The poster is connecting onward, thus no issue being denied for ot being an arrival lounge.
Where is that explicitly stated? When flying back to the US, you're connecting (presumably) on DL metal, which is a VS partner. OP here is connecting onward on AZ, which is not a VS partner as far as I can tell. That, plus the difference in VS UK staff compared to US staff, makes me think this is less of a slamdunk than you think.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:00 am

I dunno, try post #78 for one.
Post 78 is about the JFK clubhouse and that poster was connecting on partner metal.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Post 78 is about the JFK clubhouse and that poster was connecting on partner metal.
Why would the JFK rules be different from LHR, and where in the policy is anything stated about connection metal?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never been aware of (and many other posts over years by other support this) a way to get past security in T3 and then make way to T4.
There definitely is.

It may be new-ish since the new FCC opened, though I'm pretty sure there was at least always a way to get to immigration/landside from the T3 departures hall, if you found an agent to open the magic door. Now you just follow a sign and open the door yourself. Lots of details in the BA forum.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:14 am

Why would the JFK rules be different from LHR, and where in the policy is anything stated about connection metal?
1) the rules are definitely different! Try entering the LHR clubhouse as a GM, for example.

2) There's a difference between connecting onwards on DL metal and AZ metal. DL is a VS partner and AZ is not. The fact that it's not explicitly stated either way is something I already highlighted but we can't pretend these are identical connections.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL PM
What about a Delta Diamond flying VS economy JFK-LHR-JNB-LHR-JFK. Would I have access to the LHR Clubhouse on the way to JNB? (If not, I could go landside to the Revivals lounge and then come back airside). I am assuming there should be no problem at JFK outbound nor at LHR coming back.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
No you wont have access on the LHR-JNB-LHR legs because it's not a TATL route.

see the 'do I have access to the VS clubhouse lounges?' section

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ntic-faqs.html

Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse lounge access is available at select locations to Delta OneŽ passengers, Upper Class passengers, and Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members with a same-day nonstop transatlantic flight between North America and the U.K. that is operated by Delta or Virgin Atlantic.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
No you wont have access on the LHR-JNB-LHR legs because it's not a TATL route.

see the 'do I have access to the VS clubhouse lounges?' section

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ntic-faqs.html
Wouldn't I have access to the Revivals Lounge on account of the first JFK-LHR segment? And on the way back, the last segment is LHR-JFK, so wouldn't that work for main Clubhouse access?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.