Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will I have Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will I have Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flightline87
I’m pretty sure I know the answer, but wanted to double check.

If I’m flying VS JFK-LHR-JNB roundtrip in PE as a DL PM, I’m only able to use the lounge in JFK on the outbound and LHR on the return, correct? No use of LHR on the outbound (bc it’s not transatlantic) nor JNB on the return (bc it’s not listed as a qualifying airport).
You should be able to use the Revivals lounge in LHR on your outbound, if you don't mind/have time to clear immigration and go landside. But otherwise I would expect no.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So is this an error on the Delta website?
Clubhouse lounge access: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse lounge access is available at select locations to Delta One® passengers, Upper Class passengers, and Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members with a same-day nonstop transatlantic flight between North America and the U.K. that is operated by Delta or Virgin Atlantic. Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members may access Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses in London-Gatwick, New York-JFK, Newark, Washington-Dulles, Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco Airports. Gold Medallion Members may only access Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses within the U.S. (New York-JFK, Newark, Washington-Dulles, Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco Airports). Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members are allowed to bring one guest. While access to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse in London-Heathrow is not available to Gold Medallion Members, these Members may enjoy access to No1 Lounges, Heathrow at LHR’s Terminal 3opens in a new window. Please travel with and be prepared to show proof of your Medallion status to the Virgin Atlantic representative to receive these benefits.
(emphasis added).
Is there a reason London-Heathrow isn't mentioned???
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flightline87
I’m pretty sure I know the answer, but wanted to double check.

If I’m flying VS JFK-LHR-JNB roundtrip in PE as a DL PM, I’m only able to use the lounge in JFK on the outbound and LHR on the return, correct? No use of LHR on the outbound (bc it’s not transatlantic) nor JNB on the return (bc it’s not listed as a qualifying airport).
You can use LHR Clubhouse both directions. You're connecting to or from a TATL between US and UK.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: DL DM; AS 75K; Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You can use LHR Clubhouse both directions. You're connecting to or from a TATL between US and UK.
Awesome, thank you all!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
Specifically, it says "a same-day nonstop transatlantic flight between North America and the U.K. that is operated by Delta or Virgin Atlantic".
As a DL PM, would I get access to the LHR Clubhouse when flying LHR to JNB? i.e. no transatlantic involved.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 8420PR
As a DL PM, would I get access to the LHR Clubhouse when flying LHR to JNB? i.e. no transatlantic involved.
No access without the TATL flight. Also, no access to JNB club coming back even with a same-day TATL flight.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Hello!

My SO and I are traveling together soon. I'm on a returning itinerary, LHR-SEA (ending a R/T) on a DL 006 ticket stock, and she's on an originating itinerary, LHR-SEA (beginning a R/T) on VS 932 ticket stock. We're both "traveling together" but on separate PNRs and airline tickets, but on the same flight, and even seated next to each other despite the separate itineraries. I'm a DM, she has no status, and not that it seems to matter but we're both in Premium Economy.

The website says: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ntic-faqs.html
Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members with a same-day nonstop transatlantic flight between North America and the U.K. that is operated by Delta or Virgin Atlantic.... Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members are allowed to bring one guest.

This leads me to believe that we should not have a problem gaining access together, she as my guest as a DM flying from LHR-SEA. And that'll be great if so-- I'm only asking, because I have heard LHR Clubhouse agents denying entrance to a guest for another pax because they weren't on the same 'reservation' -- no idea of their particulars given I was merely eavesdropping waiting in line to check in, but given the lack of language about being on the same flight, being on the same PNR, etc.. it makes it sound like I can bring anyone in LHR T3 in with me. But I digress, my only concern is no friction as a DM with a travel partner on the same flight but different ticket stock.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by marcworld
Well I contacted Delta directly, after the fact, and somebody just called me back and she insists that a connection to London, such as JFK->DTW->LHR is indeed *NOT* meant to have Virgin Clubhouse access, in JFK.

Their language about nonstops from North America to London is really misleading. What they really mean is, you can only get in with a JFK-LHR direct segment. I asked them to update their language to make it more clear. Let's see what happens.

In the meantime, the gatekeeper at the Virgin Clubhouse at JFK was NOT fooling around, she was pretty nasty in fact. Of course I was arguing with her about it. But while I was standing there, some other guy came over, with a JFK-Manchester flight, and they weren't going to let him in at all, and then her "favor" to the guy was to let him buy a day pass at $70, which he declined to do.

:: shrug ::

Of course, my JFK-DTW-LHR routing was to save a ton, it was half price compared to JFK-LHR nonstop, and as always, you get what you pay for.
the JFK clubhouse is nice, but IMO not sufficiently nicer than the SC to justify the endless walking required. You have to walk from security all the way to the A pier for the lounge, and then all the way back to the B side (really really far) for your DTW flight. And this doesn’t even factor in what gate you’re out of - could be in the 30s or actually very likely in T2, which means a bus ride.

No thanks.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by doubleA
Hello!

My SO and I are traveling together soon. I'm on a returning itinerary, LHR-SEA (ending a R/T) on a DL 006 ticket stock, and she's on an originating itinerary, LHR-SEA (beginning a R/T) on VS 932 ticket stock. We're both "traveling together" but on separate PNRs and airline tickets, but on the same flight, and even seated next to each other despite the separate itineraries. I'm a DM, she has no status, and not that it seems to matter but we're both in Premium Economy.

The website says: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ntic-faqs.html
Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members with a same-day nonstop transatlantic flight between North America and the U.K. that is operated by Delta or Virgin Atlantic.... Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members are allowed to bring one guest.

This leads me to believe that we should not have a problem gaining access together, she as my guest as a DM flying from LHR-SEA. And that'll be great if so-- I'm only asking, because I have heard LHR Clubhouse agents denying entrance to a guest for another pax because they weren't on the same 'reservation' -- no idea of their particulars given I was merely eavesdropping waiting in line to check in, but given the lack of language about being on the same flight, being on the same PNR, etc.. it makes it sound like I can bring anyone in LHR T3 in with me. But I digress, my only concern is no friction as a DM with a travel partner on the same flight but different ticket stock.
Yes you both get access. There's no need to be on same reservation.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
Resurrecting this. I am flying EDI-JFK-DTW in D1 in a few weeks. I reached out to both Delta and VS. Delta says I should have access to the T4 Clubhouse (D1 on a same-day non-stop transatlantic flight between North America and UK afterall) which I agree with. VA says I should not, and that they only permit access for D1 travelers at the LHR lounge. I plan to try for giggles.

Last edited by griffy208; Apr 3, 2019 at 12:24 pm
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:17 pm

How are you going to access the LHR lounge if you're flying EDI-JFK?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
How are you going to access the LHR lounge if you're flying EDI-JFK?
That would involve fancy technology, to say the least. I will clarify - the T4 Clubhouse I am referring to is at JFK. That is what I asked the airlines about.

Last edited by griffy208; Apr 3, 2019 at 12:23 pm Reason: I was lacking "would"
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:59 pm

What kind of ticket and status do you have? If you have a D1 ticket or GM/PM/DM you will be able to access the JFK clubhouse.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by griffy208
Resurrecting this. I am flying EDI-JFK-DTW in D1 in a few weeks. I reached out to both Delta and VS. Delta says I should have access to the T4 Clubhouse (D1 on a same-day non-stop transatlantic flight between North America and UK afterall) which I agree with. VA says I should not, and that they only permit access for D1 travelers at the LHR lounge. I plan to try for giggles.
I do appreciate your reassurance. However I wonder why VS would disagree? EDIT: I have no status aside from being a Skymiles Member.

Last edited by griffy208; Apr 3, 2019 at 1:01 pm Reason: Status update
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
According to the terms from DLs website, you will be allowed to use the Clubhouse as you are in D1 and flying between the UK and the US.

Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse lounge access is available at select locations to Delta One® passengers, Upper Class passengers, and Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members with a same-day nonstop transatlantic flight between North America and the U.K. that is operated by Delta or Virgin Atlantic. Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members may access Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses in London-Gatwick, New York-JFK, Newark, Washington-Dulles, Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco Airports. Gold Medallion Members may only access Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses within the U.S. (New York-JFK, Newark, Washington-Dulles, Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco Airports). Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members are allowed to bring one guest. While access to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse in London-Heathrow is not available to Gold Medallion Members, these Members may enjoy access to No1 Lounges, Heathrow at LHR’s Terminal 3. Please travel with and be prepared to show proof of your Medallion status to the Virgin Atlantic representative to receive these benefits.
griffy208 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.