Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will I have Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will I have Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2020, 10:02 am
Suspended

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by flyerCO
No. You're not flying between US/UK.

It should be noted LHR, at least temporarily will shut T3.
"at least temporarily"???
I think we can say that its "of course temporarily".
Old Apr 10, 2020, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by A321neo
"at least temporarily"???
I think we can say that its "of course temporarily".
Of course. However if I had posted T3 is shut full stop, people would be asking if this is permanent.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
No. You're not flying between US/UK.

It should be noted LHR, at least temporarily will shut T3.
Thanks I figured as much.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 5:24 am

Next year I'm flying AMS-LHR on KLM in business - 3 hour layover - LHR-LAX in VS Upper Class - 2 hour layover - LAX-HNL in Delta First. I have no status.
1. Will I get access to the LHR Clubhouse? (if open by then)
2. Will I get access to the LAX Clubhouse?
Old Sep 3, 2020, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Passportinonehand
Next year I'm flying AMS-LHR on KLM in business - 3 hour layover - LHR-LAX in VS Upper Class - 2 hour layover - LAX-HNL in Delta First. I have no status.
1. Will I get access to the LHR Clubhouse? (if open by then)
As you are in Upper Class, then yes, you would have access to the Clubhouse assuming that VS is back in T3 then. Note that both Terminals 3 (Delta/Virgin's usual home) and Terminal 4 (KLM/Air France/Skyteam's usual home) are closed at present, and these airlines are all currently operating from T2.

2. Will I get access to the LAX Clubhouse?
Given that you are flying onwards in Delta First, then the "obvious" answer is that you have access to a Delta Skyclub.

I am not familiar with the layout of terminals at LAX, but it is unlikely that your flight will be departing from the terminal where Virgin pax would be departing from; therefore, I think you simply will physically be unable to access the LAX clubhouse. There will be Delta Skyclub though that you can use.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
As you are in Upper Class, then yes, you would have access to the Clubhouse assuming that VS is back in T3 then. Note that both Terminals 3 (Delta/Virgin's usual home) and Terminal 4 (KLM/Air France/Skyteam's usual home) are closed at present, and these airlines are all currently operating from T2.

Given that you are flying onwards in Delta First, then the "obvious" answer is that you have access to a Delta Skyclub.

I am not familiar with the layout of terminals at LAX, but it is unlikely that your flight will be departing from the terminal where Virgin pax would be departing from; therefore, I think you simply will physically be unable to access the LAX clubhouse. There will be Delta Skyclub though that you can use.
Thanks for the insights! I think that because the LAX-HNL flight is a domestic one in First and not in Delta One, I don't have access to any SkyClub if I'm not mistaken?
Old Sep 3, 2020, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Thanks for the insights! I think that because the LAX-HNL flight is a domestic one in First and not in Delta One, I don't have access to any SkyClub if I'm not mistaken?
Show them in your inbound boarding pass; you are on a same-day connecting international ticket so should have access.

(That said, the website seems to suggest that, when travelling on Delta, you would have to be travelling in Delta One, or have arrived on an international flight operated by Delta and in Delta One - I would have assumed they would have given the same recognition to those arriving on VS Upper Class but it's not stated on the website - so I am no longer sure you would be able to use a Delta lounge at LAX. I'm sure others will weigh in on this point...)

Last edited by irishguy28; Sep 3, 2020 at 7:05 am
Old Sep 3, 2020, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by irishguy28

DL/VS both operate out of T2 at LAX. There's both a Skyclub and Clubhouse.

It doesn't matter. You're arriving same day on international J flight (one from UK on top of that). This means you'll have access to BOTH the DL Skyclub and VS Clubhouse (as arriving from UK). DL also has a Skyclub in T3 if by chance flight departs from there. You can still use the T2 SC or CH even if departing T3. (They're connected via shuttle or possibly by then walkway)
Passportinonehand likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 3:44 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Has something changed recently with Virgin Clubhouse access in the US? A friend flying JFK-MAD was able to get into the VS Clubhouse at JFK, which last I knew required flying to the UK (and appropriate class of service or elite status). He was flying Delta One, not sure what status level. I can't find any information about this other than the VS section on this page not specifying that it needs to be a flight to the UK, although that is specified a few other places on Delta.com.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 5:17 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by bgriff
Has something changed recently with Virgin Clubhouse access in the US? A friend flying JFK-MAD was able to get into the VS Clubhouse at JFK, which last I knew required flying to the UK (and appropriate class of service or elite status). He was flying Delta One, not sure what status level. I can't find any information about this other than the VS section on this page not specifying that it needs to be a flight to the UK, although that is specified a few other places on Delta.com.
The US Clubhouses are now managed by Plaza Premium. Virgin's website still says that only Delta One flights to the UK count, but now that VS is in the transatlantic joint venture, maybe that has changed?

Incidentally, if your friend has an Amex Platinum that gets him into the JFK Clubhouse now.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 5:32 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by VFR
The US Clubhouses are now managed by Plaza Premium. Virgin's website still says that only Delta One flights to the UK count, but now that VS is in the transatlantic joint venture, maybe that has changed?

Incidentally, if your friend has an Amex Platinum that gets him into the JFK Clubhouse now.
He actually said that he tried to present the Amex Platinum (unclear if he knew about this new access path) and was told that being in Delta One was sufficient. Seems like it may just have been a misinformed agent, but unclear.

But, I also had missed the 5-8am Amex Platinum access to the Clubhouse, which I won't use much but is very handy for me as someone who has an 8:30am flight at JFK tomorrow morning

Interestingly the VS page about the JFK Clubhouse does not specify that Delta One passengers need to be going to the UK, although it does seem to indicate that GM/PM/DM flying on Delta metal JFK-LHR are not eligible for Clubhouse access, which was not my understanding of the policy last I had checked.
https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/g...clubhouse.html
Old Dec 2, 2021, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like rules were updated sometime in 2020 -- New York JFK Virgin Clubhouse | Airport Lounges | Virgin Atlantic
Not clear if it was before Covid as the only earlier ones are from 2019. I'm guessing they want Medallions flying DL to UK to use DL lounge at JFK instead of VS one to reduce crowding. The LHR page says Medallions can access LHR Clubhouse when flying either DL or VS (although Gold Medallions are not eligible).
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by xliioper
Looks like rules were updated sometime in 2020 -- New York JFK Virgin Clubhouse | Airport Lounges | Virgin Atlantic
Not clear if it was before Covid as the only earlier ones are from 2019. I'm guessing they want Medallions flying DL to UK to use DL lounge at JFK instead of VS one to reduce crowding. The LHR page says Medallions can access LHR Clubhouse when flying either DL or VS (although Gold Medallions are not eligible).
AFAIK, no actual change. The way the * is listed makes it look like someone didn't realize DL has a separate agreement with VS from the other airlines (SQ, etc...) and just grouped all together under one *.

The DL lounge lister doesn't differ between flying DL or flying VS to/from UK. It still says DL DM/P. flying to/from get access to VS lounge..

Last edited by flyerCO; Dec 2, 2021 at 9:41 pm
Old Dec 3, 2021, 8:48 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
AFAIK, no actual change. The way the * is listed makes it look like someone didn't realize DL has a separate agreement with VS from the other airlines (SQ, etc...) and just grouped all together under one *.

The DL lounge lister doesn't differ between flying DL or flying VS to/from UK. It still says DL DM/P. flying to/from get access to VS lounge..
I was looking at the DL lounge list last night, and I noticed that if you check "Transcontinental Delta One" the JFK Clubhouse is listed as an option.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VFR
I was looking at the DL lounge list last night, and I noticed that if you check "Transcontinental Delta One" the JFK Clubhouse is listed as an option.
It also lists Skyteam partner lounges at JFK. And it lists the KE lounge at LAX, but not the Sky Clubs. Huh? Not sure I would put much confidence in that list. Looks like a coding bug.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.