All suite business class in 2017

Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Platinum
So... with the new and refurbished 777s and new D1 Suites, will there be 3-4-3 in the Main Cabin?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
I have to agree.....looks a little Spartan......almost Amtrak-like. But with doors, I don't have to see anyone's feet spread out on either side of the monitor......getting tired of passing notes to the gross folks in the first row of the front cabin with feet on the bulkhead.
Didnt you read the press release...delta said it would be just like flying on a personal jet. I feel like you dont believe them. On a postive note....I guess this will cut down the disguisting acts thread.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by nichojo
They absolutely have to refit the existing triple-sevens, those seats are in a state of disrepair (the seat on my SYD-LAX flight on Saturday had to be pushed back to go flat and had a broken USB port, light, and IFE).
That's pretty bad given Delta's focus on attracting and maintaining HVC and premium passengers. Is this due to lack of on-going maintenance on the seats or the seats being at the end of their projected life cycle?

Have any of the 777 D1 cabins been fitted with the new Delta One seat covers?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hard8
That's pretty bad given Delta's focus on attracting and maintaining HVC and premium passengers. Is this due to lack of on-going maintenance on the seats or the seats being at the end of their projected life cycle?

Have any of the 777 D1 cabins been fitted with the new Delta One seat covers?
The 777s get very little non-essential maintenance, since they are among the highest utilized planes in DL's fleet. None have D1 seat covers.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jimrpa
More importantly, what ab out the 777s and 787s?
What 787s?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:10 pm

Wow, AusBT with the scoop and new photos!

Did they just take the wind out of QR's sails? Can't imagine the QR Super J seats being that much better.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/delta-air-li...n=home-flipper
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:42 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I'm very curious to find out if Delta intends to eventually roll the suites out to the A333/A339 and the 764s. The timeline for the A339s is delivery from 2019 forward, so they're a long ways away. And presumably the A333s are still half a decade or more away from an interior refresh. So they could just be sitting on the details — otherwise it represents a major shift in Delta strategy, where routes truly become isolated to plane type.

Whatever the case, I highly doubt any of the 763s will see suites.
34 763ERs were delivered in '96 or later. First 764 was 2000. Those will be around for a while and I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of modded J cabin (whether it be whole new seats or soft mods of the current product, like dividers or better padding).

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I think they needed to make an announcement now and get two bites of the cherry with a further big announcement - after last week they needed some good news.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by inthecloud
Based on the fleet plans to replace 747s with 350-900, and based on the fact that the article quotes that only flights over 12 hours will have the suite product, I wouldn't expect any 330 or 767 fleets to get this product.
Not only do these fleets fly shorter routes, but the width of the fuselage of the 777 and 359 are both 2-3 meters wider than the 767 and 330 fleets.
NYT article said primarily 12 hours or longer, not only.

Originally Posted by akcae
From this paragraph, it's clear that:
- Suites will be introduced on the A350 a/c coming into service next fall.
- Suites will not be retrofit to existing a/c Delta One cabins.
- NYT doesn't know the difference between 777s and 787s, as that paragraph references "new Boeing 777 plane" which DL has none on order, and then "18 Boeing 777 aircraft" which matches DL's current 787 order.

Elsewhere in the article, they mention the suites coming to a/c flying longer routes of over 12hrs, so that pretty much excludes any a/c flying US-EU routes. There will definitely be no suites on 767s, and I'd venture to say A330s or existing 777s.
Yes.
No, as DL said the 777 will get it.
Makes sense.

Originally Posted by Agremeister
I would think LAX-HND or LAX-PVG would almost certainly be the inaugural, and I would imagine that eventually every TPAC flight would have this product.

I imagine DL's plan is after replacing 747s with the A350, the rest of them would go to replacing A330s on TPAC routes, which would then be moved to TATL service to replace many of the 767s currently doing TATL service. Since the A330s have quite new D1 seats, this would constitute a product upgrade on those routes as well over the "coffin" seats on the 76.

As the 777s are also getting this new product, I doubt they get moved around too much. Perhaps some of the 777s currently doing Ex-NRT routes would again be moved onto current 747 routes freeing up A350s and A330s for lower demand routes.
I think the 350 will initially fly DTW-AMS to get crews familiarized with the aircraft before it starts flying long haul. Then eventually it will fly to Asia from DTW, expand to LAX-Asia/SYD.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
I have to agree.....looks a little Spartan......almost Amtrak-like. But with doors, I don't have to see anyone's feet spread out on either side of the monitor......getting tired of passing notes to the gross folks in the first row of the front cabin with feet on the bulkhead.
Isn't the tradeoff that each door must consume about an inch and a half of width?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by N639DL
34 763ERs were delivered in '96 or later. First 764 was 2000. Those will be around for a while and I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of modded J cabin (whether it be whole new seats or soft mods of the current product, like dividers or better padding).

Agreed.

NYT article said primarily 12 hours or longer, not only.

Yes.
No, as DL said the 777 will get it.
Makes sense.

I think the 350 will initially fly DTW-AMS to get crews familiarized with the aircraft before it starts flying long haul. Then eventually it will fly to Asia from DTW, expand to LAX-Asia/SYD.
Most people would classify DTW-AMS as longhaul.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:26 am

Talking

Originally Posted by rylan
I see they also mentioned 32 J seats. Would've thought they'd have more on the 350.
Originally Posted by Longboater
Overall, I am a little surprised how small D1 cabins are now.
Why surprised? They're just likely paring them down to what sells.

Much as it sucks to say, the writing is on the wall: with the advent of true Premium economy, it's going to be hard as hell to do mileage upgrades (and probably even redemptions) into the new D1.

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Delta happens to have 18 777s: 10 777-200ERs and 8 777-200LRs.
Other way around: eight 77Es and ten 77Ls

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
What 787s?
The ones scheduled to arrive in a little over 3yrs.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:58 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by WWads
This looks really nice. Great job DL! ^
Agreed. Look forward to flying it and hopefully it is on the SYD-LAX run which would allow me to try them over Qantas Business Class.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Did they just take the wind out of QR's sails? Can't imagine the QR Super J seats being that much better.
Agreed. Will be interesting when QR announce them in November to see just how much better they will be if any.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't the tradeoff that each door must consume about an inch and a half of width?
While that is a tradeoff, the Vantage XL is designed for the A330/A340 which has a slightly narrower cabin than the A350, so the extra width taken up by the door is really being taken from the aisles and not from the seats.

Originally Posted by hard8
So... with the new and refurbished 777s and new D1 Suites, will there be 3-4-3 in the Main Cabin?
Certainly not on the A350, thats pretty much a guaranteed 3-3-3. On the 777 though I would be shocked if they didn't go 3-4-3 in economy, as both United and American are going that route.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm kind of surprised there is no mention of the premium economy product yet either... you'd think that would be announced along with the D1 seating since they must've selected the W seats and overall configuration by now for the 350.
Its 1-2-1 for D1 and pretty certain 3-3-3 for C-, but what about W? 2-3-2 or 2-4-2? Or is it just going to be C+ 3-3-3?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
What 787s?
I keep praying that they'll convert the A350 orders to 787s hope springs eternal

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.