Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All suite business class in 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Am a United flyer and I have to admit this looks better than Polaris! This is basically the seat that SAS currently uses in their new Business cabins, but also with a door. I am very impressed and this makes me want to give Delta a go on an international trip when they roll out the new cabin.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I'm very curious to find out if Delta intends to eventually roll the suites out to the A333/A339 and the 764s. The timeline for the A339s is delivery from 2019 forward, so they're a long ways away. And presumably the A333s are still half a decade or more away from an interior refresh. So they could just be sitting on the details — otherwise it represents a major shift in Delta strategy, where routes truly become isolated to plane type.

Whatever the case, I highly doubt any of the 763s will see suites.
More importantly, what ab out the 777s and 787s?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I don't think that any 767s will get suites. I doubt they're wide enough to fit them.

The 777s will probably be the first to get the new seats.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:58 pm

I could care less about a door next to my individual seat. Two things that could significantly improve D1 service are keeping the cabin temperature cooler (76 degrees is not cooler, I'm talking like 68-70 degrees) and replacing the seats with some that don't retain heat. Hell, my vehicle has heated and cooled seats, why can't Delta One?!?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I doubt it, especially if there are fewer J seats.
Well fewer compared to what is the question. Since there are no current DL A350s, there's no seat reduction comparison to be made.

The 777s already had a seat reduction, and now fly with 37J, 26 of which are in front of L2. While not an exact comparison, the Thompson Aero LOPA for the 773 has 24J in front of L2. It's not unreasonable to expect another 3 rows of J behind L2, which would be 11J (like now), for a slight reduction of 2J, unless they decide to move the lav in front of R2, in which case you'd be back to 36J. Not a meaningful difference.

In other words, I suspect market conditions are far more likely to affect DL J pricing than changing to this seat.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Robbyb03
Two things that could significantly improve D1 service are keeping the cabin temperature cooler (76 degrees is not cooler, I'm talking like 68-70 degrees) and replacing the seats with some that don't retain heat. Hell, my vehicle has heated and cooled seats, why can't Delta One?!?
I rented a car recently with cooled seats (heated I've had on some cars since the 80s). I loved it. I like it much cooler than whatever 'average pax' the airlines think it should be set for. Mixing fora here, but I flew AA to GIG and given the MIA based crew and probably >50% non-US pax on board, it was terribly stuffy for sleeping (I also didn't like the fwd/back alternating J cabin, but for the fare I paid, I really shouldn't complain). If I ever do a similar flt again I'm bringing my USB powered table fan!!

Anyway, cooled seats would be an excellent product upgrade for J cabins.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Longboater
The Vantage XL seat for the A350/777 is about four inches wider than the 767 Vantage seat. This doesn't include additional storage space.
3.X inches, or 4.X inches? And wider at which comparable point between the two kinds of Vantage seats?

The coffin-like feeling gets somewhat alleviated with four more inches of space at some of the right spots.

The "door" partition should be helpful for me getting marginally better rest on DL flights, so that's a nice feature.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:43 pm

All these discussions about the door brings back the memory of this timeless classic...

Girl 1: They changed Malibu Stacy!

Girl 2: She is better than ever!

Lisa: Wait! Don't be fooled. She's just a regular Malibu Stacy with a stupid, cheap hat. She still embodies all the awful stereotypes she did before.

Smithers: But she's got a new hat!

**Stampede**

Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Agremeister
Looks (albeit it is hard to see) very similar to the seats Cathay Pacific use in PE, which is actually 7 abreast on the A330, and I would imagine 7 abreast on the A350 as well.
Based on the 360, it looks like CX's new W seat, which is the same as what AA's going to be using.

Also based on the 360, it looks like DL will be matching CX in having 8-abreast W (the aisle in D1 lines up with that of the W cabin's) on the A350. Of the carriers with W cabins, it seems like only CI is doing 7-abreast so far (JL likely will too, given that seat width is one of their selling points and also given that they use the same seat as CI).
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by Robbyb03
I could care less about a door next to my individual seat. Two things that could significantly improve D1 service are keeping the cabin temperature cooler (76 degrees is not cooler, I'm talking like 68-70 degrees) and replacing the seats with some that don't retain heat. Hell, my vehicle has heated and cooled seats, why can't Delta One?!?
THANK YOU!
I run really hot. Others can always put on more clothes. I can only take off a certain amount to stay cool. I keep my home and hotels as low as they can go. I have even resorted to bringing along a USB fan on flights ,that many a menopausal FA have asked about, in lie flat seats. Then again if there is a door to the suite, I could just go Au Natural.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by securesmaskfirst
THANK YOU!
I run really hot. Others can always put on more clothes. I can only take off a certain amount to stay cool. I keep my home and hotels as low as they can go. I have even resorted to bringing along a USB fan on flights ,that many a menopausal FA have asked about, in lie flat seats. Then again if there is a door to the suite, I could just go Au Natural.
Standing in the aisle, people may still be able to check you out. I doubt that the door is so high as to obstruct much of the view from those normal-sized adults interested in looking in while standing.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:25 pm

Also, what about couples traveling together? Can they still chat across the center seats or across the aisle? Or do the partitions make that hard, even with the door open?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I hate to say it but United's new Polaris offerings look nicer than this.
I have to agree.....looks a little Spartan......almost Amtrak-like. But with doors, I don't have to see anyone's feet spread out on either side of the monitor......getting tired of passing notes to the gross folks in the first row of the front cabin with feet on the bulkhead.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by rylan
I wonder if they're using the Thompson Vantage XL seats modified with a door?
Yes, they are.

Originally Posted by sky303
I'm assuming no middle overhead bins in the 360 DL released of the cabin is just so we have a better visual idea of what the cabin looks like. Unless there really won't be middle OH bins?
There really won't be center overhead bins. QR (and possibly other airlines as well) have also done this with their A350.

Originally Posted by bennos
Adding more fuel to the rumor, I think the B6 A321 seats are Vantage (not XL) seats modified with a door?
Correct.

Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Also, what about couples traveling together? Can they still chat across the center seats or across the aisle? Or do the partitions make that hard, even with the door open?
Center seats should remain the best option for couples since there are sliding privacy dividers that can be opened for travel companions and closed for solo travelers.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I hate to say it but United's new Polaris offerings look nicer than this.
I have to agree.....looks a little Spartan......almost Amtrak-like. But with doors, I don't have to see anyone's feet spread out on either side of the monitor......getting tired of passing notes to the gross folks in the first row of the front cabin with feet on the bulkhead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.