FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   All suite business class in 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1785016-all-suite-business-class-2017-a.html)

3Cforme Aug 16, 2016 9:07 am

Delta happens to have 18 777s: 10 777-200ERs and 8 777-200LRs. Given the typical stage length of those aircraft today it would be surprising if they are not retrofitted. Whether the NYT means 777 or 787 (deliveries postponed to 2020) is less than clear.

Added: Delta's press release is explicit. 777s get the suite refurb.

http://news.delta.com/delta-introduc...elta-one-suite

As for Longboater's comments on 339s, the first delivery date (2019) is far enough into the future that no decision on cabin fitment needs to be made, let alone announced.

As for 332s, would anyone care to do a frequency-adjusted average stage length based on a week's schedule?

xliioper Aug 16, 2016 9:11 am

Originally Posted by koreanair720 (Post 27071890)
Odd factual error? Says there are only two classes on DL...what about comfort +?

Comfort+ is not considered a separate class of service as answered in the FAQ's --

IS DELTA NOW OFFERING FOUR CABINS OF SERVICE?

No. Delta offers a variety of flight experiences tailored to meet your needs. Our Delta One / First Class and Main Cabin are Delta's primary cabins of service. Delta Comfort+, Main Cabin, and Basic Economy are three experiences within our Main Cabin.

You are confusing separate fare class with actual class of service.

Melodsal Aug 16, 2016 9:20 am

Pictures look good and much better than I had initially expected. I'm excited.

skyrider117 Aug 16, 2016 9:24 am

Thank god.. new foam for the seats... I have a delicate hieney and on a JFK - NRT flight it gets a tad sore.....

nichojo Aug 16, 2016 9:28 am

Originally Posted by skyrider117 (Post 27072702)
Thank god.. new foam for the seats... I have a delicate hieney and on a JFK - NRT flight it gets a tad sore.....

You don't have to worry about that flight much longer anyway.

KDCAflyer Aug 16, 2016 9:31 am

This looks really nice. Great job DL! ^

skyrider117 Aug 16, 2016 9:38 am

Originally Posted by nichojo (Post 27072721)
You don't have to worry about that flight much longer anyway.

Very true... I am not too thrilled about that..

Any guesses as to what TPAC rt the 350's will start on?
HND HKG SIN PEK NRT

javabytes Aug 16, 2016 9:39 am

Must burn SkyMiles before the inevitable price increase after this debuts...

KDCAflyer Aug 16, 2016 9:50 am

Originally Posted by skyrider117 (Post 27072787)
Very true... I am not too thrilled about that..

Any guesses as to what TPAC rt the 350's will start on?
HND HKG SIN PEK NRT

The various 747 routes ex-DTW would be first, I'd imagine. I could also see SEA-HKG, and maybe DL will consider starting SEA-SIN.

nichojo Aug 16, 2016 9:51 am

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 27072857)
The various 747 routes ex-DTW would be first, I'd imagine. I could also see SEA-HKG, and maybe DL will consider starting SEA-SIN.

This.

Delta wants point-to-point US-APAC instead of via NRT.

bennos Aug 16, 2016 9:55 am

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 27072088)
I wonder if they're using the Thompson Vantage XL seats modified with a door?

Sure looks like it. TBH I'm more interested in the XL than the door. More space in the seat is great... the door is a novelty. It doesn't really provide privacy, since anyone walking by can easily look into your seat. I guess it makes it harder for the people sitting near you to see what movie you're watching.

(Whenever I fly B6 Mint throne seats, I usually just leave the door open.)

Kagehitokiri Aug 16, 2016 10:01 am

genius! hope it can survive - 32 suites beats BA's 32 seats

(EK does have a charter jet with 10 suites and a few seats)

MSPeconomist Aug 16, 2016 10:05 am

Originally Posted by bennos (Post 27072884)
Sure looks like it. TBH I'm more interested in the XL than the door. More space in the seat is great... the door is a novelty. It doesn't really provide privacy, since anyone walking by can easily look into your seat. I guess it makes it harder for the people sitting near you to see what movie you're watching.

(Whenever I fly B6 Mint throne seats, I usually just leave the door open.)

It would seem awkward to close the door before meal service is complete. That would be the first two hours or so of every flight unless one does the express dine and sleep option or skips the main meal.

KissFlyGoodbye Aug 16, 2016 10:10 am

Do wonder what flights they are thinking for this being that NRT flights are being cx'd. Inaugural flight possibly SEA - HKG or even LAX - HND?

I'm excited for this, but not overtly so.

Agremeister Aug 16, 2016 10:14 am

Originally Posted by KissFlyGoodbye (Post 27072968)
Do wonder what flights they are thinking for this being that NRT flights are being cx'd. Inaugural flight possibly SEA - HKG or even LAX - HND?

I'm excited for this, but not overtly so.

I would think LAX-HND or LAX-PVG would almost certainly be the inaugural, and I would imagine that eventually every TPAC flight would have this product.

I imagine DL's plan is after replacing 747s with the A350, the rest of them would go to replacing A330s on TPAC routes, which would then be moved to TATL service to replace many of the 767s currently doing TATL service. Since the A330s have quite new D1 seats, this would constitute a product upgrade on those routes as well over the "coffin" seats on the 76.

As the 777s are also getting this new product, I doubt they get moved around too much. Perhaps some of the 777s currently doing Ex-NRT routes would again be moved onto current 747 routes freeing up A350s and A330s for lower demand routes.