All suite business class in 2017

Old Feb 2, 17, 4:48 pm
  #196  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SEA
Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Posts: 9,779
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
When I think of Suite, I think of SQ, JAL, EK, EY, etc.
By JAL, do you mean the same JAL that calls the same seats DL currently uses (e.g. sans door and without the extra space) "Sky Suites"? Or is it a different JAL? But, yeah, DL is "overly impressed with itself". Right.

Word to the wise: you probably don't want to use, as a counterpoint, an airline that is more guilty of this apparently heinous crime than DL.
pbarnette is offline  
Old Feb 2, 17, 5:06 pm
  #197  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bye Delta
Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Posts: 15,377
Originally Posted by pbarnette View Post
By JAL, do you mean the same JAL that calls the same seats DL currently uses (e.g. sans door and without the extra space) "Sky Suites"? Or is it a different JAL? But, yeah, DL is "overly impressed with itself". Right.

Word to the wise: you probably don't want to use, as a counterpoint, an airline that is more guilty of this apparently heinous crime than DL.
Mea culpa. Trying to do too many things at once today. Goes to show what that tiny little word can do in terms of blurring the lines in peoples' heads.
javabytes is offline  
Old Feb 2, 17, 5:33 pm
  #198  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SEA
Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Posts: 9,779
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
Mea culpa. Trying to do too many things at once today. Goes to show what that tiny little word can do in terms of blurring the lines in peoples' heads.
I don't think it shows that at all.
pbarnette is offline  
Old Feb 2, 17, 8:57 pm
  #199  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bye Delta
Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Posts: 15,377
Originally Posted by pbarnette View Post
I don't think it shows that at all.
Now that I've wrapped up my workday, and upon further review, I stand by my original statement... JAL refers to both its JAL Suite (F) and Sky Suite (J) as "suites"; the former is what I had in mind. I have the same issues with JAL categorizing the J seats as "suites" as I do DL.
javabytes is offline  
Old Feb 3, 17, 1:49 am
  #200  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SEA
Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Posts: 9,779
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
Now that I've wrapped up my workday, and upon further review, I stand by my original statement... JAL refers to both its JAL Suite (F) and Sky Suite (J) as "suites"; the former is what I had in mind. I have the same issues with JAL categorizing the J seats as "suites" as I do DL.
Nobody was confused by JAL's naming convention. Heck, you weren't even aware of it. I mean, where are all the complaints that JAL "promised a suite", but only delivered a bog standard J seat? At least DL gives you a door, something JAL can't manage even in F. This is a non-issue, except in the fevered dreams of a few FTers desperate to complain about anything DL does.

This being the DL forum, folks have to fabricate complaints, and this is just another in a long line. Times like this make it amusing. Predictable, but amusing.
pbarnette is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: