All suite business class in 2017

Old Aug 18, 16, 6:37 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Originally Posted by Agremeister View Post
DL definitely not pulling any punches with the new product, but I can't deny that the new AA and UA products look pretty good as well.

Ive used the door feature on jetblue a few times and it's useless. The new AA biz seats all have tons of privacy - you have to lean way forward out of your seat to look out and when you do you only see another privacy screen. The only time you dont have privacy is when someone is walking down the isle looking over you. This seat doesn't solve that and I have a feeling the footwells will suck. Plus I just hate pleather in longhall J. I like a lot about Delta, but this is just a marketing scheme....the door is useless and I think the super diamond AA is installing is the best biz seat in the world.

I don't fly UAL often anymore, but I do think the new polais looks pretty good. I especially like the idea of having sit down dining preflight for paid J. East coast to Europe redeye is just too short to waste 2 hours waiting to finish a meal on a plane.
Old Aug 18, 16, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by morrisunc View Post
Ive used the door feature on jetblue a few times and it's useless. The new AA biz seats all have tons of privacy - you have to lean way forward out of your seat to look out and when you do you only see another privacy screen. The only time you dont have privacy is when someone is walking down the isle looking over you. This seat doesn't solve that and I have a feeling the footwells will suck. Plus I just hate pleather in longhall J. I like a lot about Delta, but this is just a marketing scheme....the door is useless and I think the super diamond AA is installing is the best biz seat in the world.

I don't fly UAL often anymore, but I do think the new polais looks pretty good. I especially like the idea of having sit down dining preflight for paid J. East coast to Europe redeye is just too short to waste 2 hours waiting to finish a meal on a plane.
The super diamond seats will be nice. I'm still a big fan of the 77W Cirrus reverse herringbone.
Old Aug 18, 16, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jimrpa View Post

Welcome to the Brave New World of the 321st Century
I must be Rip van Winkle if it's the 321st century. Lol.

Hopefully by the year 32000 we can fly between galaxies in the time it takes to go JFK-LAX.
Old Aug 18, 16, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Platinum Premier, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
I must be Rip van Winkle if it's the 321st century. Lol.

Hopefully by the year 32000 we can fly between galaxies in the time it takes to go JFK-LAX.
Not to go too far off topic, but bonus points if anyone remembers the Pan Am shuttle to the Space Station that we were supposed to have by now
Old Aug 19, 16, 12:07 am

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL PM MM, HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE, Uber Gold
Originally Posted by jimrpa View Post
Well, wouldn't 5-6 pairs of seats together be better than the current situation, which is no pairs of seats together? Keep in mind, I don't really "get" all this requirement for "togetherness" that people here seem to demand, but I'm just trying to suggest ways that Delta could accommodate it, that's all.
Agreed it would be better than the 777 seats. The A330 center seats are OK as is... you can slide them forward so you can sort of talk to each other.

I was really comparing against the 763/764 seats (since these are basically bigger versions), where having one console between you isn't that bad (unless your goal is cuddling in flight), but having two consoles would be a far reach.
Old Aug 19, 16, 7:57 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, HI Spire, SPG gold, Marriott Gold, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
But no shower?
Old Aug 19, 16, 8:26 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
And no valet, either. Meh.
Old Aug 19, 16, 8:33 am

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
One irony of this announcement is that I have been plotting to get one last ride on the 744 UD one last time regardless of the cost, I am now shifting my attention to trying to find a way to get in this forthcoming D1.
Old Aug 19, 16, 10:29 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Platinum Premier, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
One irony of this announcement is that I have been plotting to get one last ride on the 744 UD one last time regardless of the cost, I am now shifting my attention to trying to find a way to get in this forthcoming D1.
I'd definitely take the 744. There's no way an essentially updated A300 can compare to a 744
Old Aug 19, 16, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
So if you hang your clothes on the outside of the door, will the FA press them for you?
Old Aug 23, 16, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Just returned from doing SEA-AMS r/t on the A330 in J. As much as I like these seats, I don't think they are amazing. There is not really enough room to sleep comfortably, especially if you don't sleep on your back. This is a welcome change and I hope one that we will eventually see fleet wide. On a positive note, the crews and meals were fantastic on both flights.
Old Aug 23, 16, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by bennos View Post
Agreed it would be better than the 777 seats. The A330 center seats are OK as is... you can slide them forward so you can sort of talk to each other.

I was really comparing against the 763/764 seats (since these are basically bigger versions), where having one console between you isn't that bad (unless your goal is cuddling in flight), but having two consoles would be a far reach.
The DL 777 D1 seats are brutal, hard to believe they offer such a bad hard product to Australia.
Old Aug 23, 16, 5:08 pm

Programs: No status anymore
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
EDIT: didn't add content.....

Xeon...are you referring to DL UD specifically? You must know you still have options albeit narrowing on the old (and new apparently) 747 if you take another carrier. I got to fly an old 747 with KLM UD a couple years ago. Really nice nice but bland food. Soon taking a new bird 78H ID -JFK to AKL via ICN on Korean -both flights.....no doors but the staggered suites look nice and secluded!

Last edited by Bradhattan; Aug 23, 16 at 5:30 pm
Old Aug 23, 16, 6:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by fly747first View Post
The DL 777 D1 seats are brutal, hard to believe they offer such a bad hard product to Australia.
US-Australia has historically been an uncompetitive market for hard product. QF primarily uses 2-2-2 layouts in J and even 2-3-2 on its 747s. VA has also used 2-3-2 until recently. While the soft product on those carriers is better than on DL, their hard product is not exactly superior to DL's herringbone configuration with direct aisle access.
Old Aug 23, 16, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Bradhattan View Post
EDIT: didn't add content.....

Xeon...are you referring to DL UD specifically? You must know you still have options albeit narrowing on the old (and new apparently) 747 if you take another carrier. I got to fly an old 747 with KLM UD a couple years ago. Really nice nice but bland food. Soon taking a new bird 78H ID -JFK to AKL via ICN on Korean -both flights.....no doors but the staggered suites look nice and secluded!
I have been on a few 747 with different carriers, but I am hungry for one more ride in 73A on DL's UD 744. In fact, one year ago today I took what may turn out to be my last ride. The flight was short (CDG-DTW) and I only slept 1 hour to take advantage of all the benefits.

BTW, that 744 was one of if not the first 744 made and is now in a museum as the captain let me sit in his seat and said that was the final run for that particular 747.

Last edited by Xeno; Aug 24, 16 at 6:58 am Reason: changed 747 to 744

Search this Thread
Search Engine: