Wiki Posts
Search

DL New/Upgauged Service from BOS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by lamont2718
The redeye SFO-BOS service will depart at 9:30pm PT and land at 6:18am ET. I think it's normal to want to sleep at night.

As a point of comparison, BOS-LHR is also six hours, but no one questions the need for lie-flat seats on that route. Whether passengers are crossing an ocean or a continent not really affect their need for sleep.
With strong tailwinds BOS-LHR can be done in 5.5 hours, strong headwinds westbound can make it as much as 8 hours. Yes it is one of the shortest routes (non-domestic) with flatbeds but it is about meeting the demands of the premium market.

I think for real transcons out of JFK/BOS to the west coast can make use out of a flatbed, not so much out of ATL/DTW.

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Much as I'd love to see BOS-SFO on the 75S, DL only has 18 of them. Between JFK-SFO/LAX and TATL flights from the east coast, I'm not sure DL has enough planes to dedicate a 75S to BOS-SFO, even if it's only for the redeye flight.
In this past winter 75S aircraft often ended up running BOS-ATL at least once a day. They are utilized more during the summer yes, but I could see it happening in the winter.

Originally Posted by WWads
This thread doesn't show anymore 75S coming.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ng-thread.html
The 5 aircraft that are 75Gs will get mods to become the 75S configuration next year.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
Maybe the largest with a sizeable FF base. ORD has a very minimal DL FF presence since AA and UA are very strong in Chicago.
Well this ORD-based DM would sell his soul for an ORD-BOS non-stop. ORD-LGA shuttle revolutionized my life and adding BOS (and DCA) out of ORD would result in me moving more biz over to DL.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Well this ORD-based DM would sell his soul for an ORD-BOS non-stop. ORD-LGA shuttle revolutionized my life and adding BOS (and DCA) out of ORD would result in me moving more biz over to DL.
I'm not sure I would sell my soul - but I would certainly welcome DL.

AA always seems to have some IRROP every time I head to ORD - although its usually weather related, they're often compounded with other issues like crew timeouts. Once we were going to just barely take-off before a storm hit, but then we were delayed because they had to clean a blood stain on the wall of the lav, and ended up having to wait for the storm to pass.

That being said, I would be incredibly surprised to see DL enter BOS-ORD. There's already a ton of lift on that route between AA, UA, B6, and even NK. Off-peak times I frequently see the rt priced very low ($150-180ish).
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
I'll never understand the desire to have a flat bed configuration on a domestic flight. It's six hours at most.
I'm going to parse this.... There is absolutely a desire! If I have a choice of a lounge seat verses a flat bed on a 6 hour flight, I would take the flat. That's my desire.

Now, is there a NEED for it? That is debatable!
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by yaychemistry
...I would be incredibly surprised to see DL enter BOS-ORD. There's already a ton of lift on that route between AA, UA, B6, and even NK. Off-peak times I frequently see the rt priced very low ($150-180ish).
I would be very surprised too. Don't forget about WN at MDW.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 8:14 am

Bump,

BOS-MEM is returning in October, E175 service.

https://www.flymemphis.com/NewsDetai...cC-h7ScQgLtjks
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by N639DL

Non-hub cities DL will serve from BOS when all of these routes start: BDA, MCO, CDG, PUJ, SFO, STT, CMH, IND, MKE, BNA, RDU, RIC; Seasonal only includes CUN, FLL, MBJ, PLS, PBI, CHS, MYR, NAS, RSW
LAS also 1x daily

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.