Wiki Posts
Search

DL adds SEA-EUG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
DL adds SEA-EUG

SEA-EUG will be 3x daily SkyWest CR7 beginning in April.

Sort of surprising considering similar routes to Montana (MSO, BZN and BIL) appear to be going away.

JNU, KTN and SIT resume May 18th.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DLASflyer

Sort of surprising considering similar routes to Montana (MSO, BZN and BIL) appear to be going away.

Is there any indication that the Montana - SEA routes are going away? I haven't seen that. I just flew BZN - SEA last week.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:43 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
Is there any indication that the Montana - SEA routes are going away? I haven't seen that. I just flew BZN - SEA last week.
BZN/MSO-SEA are no longer a year-round flights as of 9/5. BZN-SEA returns 12/21. MSO-SEA doesn't seem to be returning this winter.

AS operates 3 daily flights on BZN-SEA.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TTT
BZN/MSO-SEA are no longer a year-round flights as of 9/5. BZN-SEA returns 12/21. MSO-SEA doesn't seem to be returning this winter.

AS operates 3 daily flights on BZN-SEA.
BZN is pretty seasonal. You have the summer outdoor tourism and Yellowstone and the winter skiing with Big Sky (and to a lesser extent Bridger Bowl) close to BZN. That makes sense as a seasonal destination.

I'm not sure about skiing around MSO. Is it known if MSO will come back next summer?

As for SEA -EUG, I wonder how the market is for that flight? It seems like something for a CRJ-200 if anything.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: Delta FO, SW Rapid Rewards
This gives me hope that a SEA-PUW or SEA-LWS might one day happen, however unlikely.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:23 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
BZN is pretty seasonal. You have the summer outdoor tourism and Yellowstone and the winter skiing with Big Sky (and to a lesser extent Bridger Bowl) close to BZN. That makes sense as a seasonal destination.

I'm not sure about skiing around MSO. Is it known if MSO will come back next summer?

As for SEA -EUG, I wonder how the market is for that flight? It seems like something for a CRJ-200 if anything.
SEA-BZN was initially opened as a seasonal, then was upgraded to year-round, and now back to seasonal.

There are strong business ties between SEA and BZN but AS has been the mainstay in the market and was able to drive DL away from a year-round service. (Part of that was DL's doing as 1 CRJ-700/day was hard to compete with AS's offering).
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: delta dm

Delta just loves to toy with Alaska don't they.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know the status of SEA-BIL? Operating now but I don't see it this winter or next summer.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
As for SEA-EUG, I wonder how the market is for that flight? It seems like something for a CRJ-200 if anything.
AS/QX runs 3x daily (2x weekends) on this route; there are a fair number of Q400 haters on the AS board who I'm sure will flock to the CR7s, but it will be interesting to see what the equilibrium point of the market will be
Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:43 pm

How about adding CMH to SEA before AS does!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by firstmob
How about adding CMH to SEA before AS does!!!!!!!!!
There's only one domestic city that DL serves from SEA that AS does not: JAC. CMH would be number 2.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: delta dm
There's only one domestic city that DL serves from SEA that AS does not: JAC. CMH would be number 2.
I would think cmh sea nrt would be $ in the bank for delta with Honda being a major player in cmh plus adding direct service to the NW.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
It would be #3. AS doesn't serve CVG.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dzflyer
i would think cmh sea nrt would be $ in the bank for delta with honda being a major player in cmh plus adding direct service to the nw.
cmh-dtw-nrt

cmh-dtw-ngo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.