Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Westbound Groundstop

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
JFK Westbound Groundstop

On flight 419 JFK-LAX. Ground stop for all westbound departures right as we got to next for takeoff. Just returned to gate be a use of FAA 3hr tarmac rule. Looks like the next two flights are sitting on tarmac waiting to hit their 3hr mark.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyerCO
On flight 419 JFK-LAX. Ground stop for all westbound departures right as we got to next for takeoff. Just returned to gate be a use of FAA 3hr tarmac rule. Looks like the next two flights are sitting on tarmac waiting to hit their 3hr mark.
This appears to only be affecting JFK-LAX, specifically your flight. The JFK-SFO & SEA flights are on time for the most part.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Looks like it was just flight 419 that had the ground stop. The AA flight which had the same departure time was only 19 minutes late. No other flight from JFK to LAX was delayed for 8 1/2 hours like flight 419. Stats look great that there are few mainline cancellations though this flight will likely not even depart until tomorrow
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
This appears to only be affecting JFK-LAX, specifically your flight. The JFK-SFO & SEA flights are on time for the most part.
Nope. Check out 445. I'm on it. Bloody nightmare. 2 hours of taxiing around then went MX. Just leaving (again) at 11. The later SFO flight was also delayed.

Quick question this was last segment of an EU trip. Any chance I can try to claim 261? Doubt it but never hurts to ask.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Nope. Check out 445. I'm on it. Bloody nightmare. 2 hours of taxiing around then went MX. Just leaving (again) at 11. The later SFO flight was also delayed.

Quick question this was last segment of an EU trip. Any chance I can try to claim 261? Doubt it but never hurts to ask.
No, only flights departing from the EU are eligible.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Best of luck for speedy departures for both 419 and 445. Another line of storms appears to be approaching the NYC vicinity.

The delayed DL2186 ATL-LGA is in flight over Virginia with an estimated arrival of midnight but looks to be turning around and is (according to flightaware, if correct) diverting back to ATL. If this is accurate, I expect it's due to the weather though can't say for sure because DL906 ATL-LGA with an estimate arrival of 12:01am (one minute later than DL2186) has not turned around.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:16 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
hey, two of my friends are on 445 tonight. They said just as they were taxiing to takeoff they discovered something wrong with the parking brake or something. What a pain -- it's time to takeoff, not brake! And as of 11:15pm, still not yet taken off (from 6:30pm scheduled).
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by TA
hey, two of my friends are on 445 tonight. They said just as they were taxiing to takeoff they discovered something wrong with the parking brake or something. What a pain -- it's time to takeoff, not brake! And as of 11:15pm, still not yet taken off (from 6:30pm scheduled).
What seats they in? I'll say hi.

Yes it was ridiculous. We are now #4 in line for takeoff supposedly. 2am SFO arrival.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:23 pm

It appears the lines to take off are lengthy. DL220 JFK-ATL left the gate at 10:31pm and just got airborne a few minutes ago.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:30 pm

DL is very lucky that WX didn't hit during the outage. It would have been nothing less than an apocalypse.

Then again, I'm sure that DL would have actually wanted that to happen, so they could deny a bunch of compensation.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:31 pm

Yep, definitely diversions starting for the next line of storms.

2186 ATL-LGA definitely headed back to LGA now
1822 DTW-LGA headed back to DTW
2820 MIA-LGA diverting to ATL
4252 MCI-LGA is diverting to JFK which seems odd since the storms would likely impact JFK too.

And UA3800 CLE-EWR is headed to BDL.

I'm sure there are more.

ETA: 1822 and 2186 now delayed until the morning. Continuation of 2820 onward from ATL scheduled for 7:00am.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
Yep, definitely diversions starting for the next line of storms.

2186 ATL-LGA definitely headed back to LGA now
1822 DTW-LGA headed back to DTW
2820 MIA-LGA diverting to ATL
4252 MCI-LGA is diverting to JFK which seems odd since the storms would likely impact JFK too.

And UA3800 CLE-EWR is headed to BDL.

I'm sure there are more.

ETA: 1822 and 2186 now delayed until the morning. Continuation of 2820 onward from ATL scheduled for 7:00am.
Both evening CVG-LGA flights were cancelled, as were the similarly timed CVG-EWR flights. I've noticed that DL is much more willing to cancel RJ flights ex-CVG, which is better than deceiving people with rolling delays, I suppose.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:03 pm

DL 419 is now 12 hours late and counting. Come on DL, just cancel it or reschedule for the morning. Gotta suck to be waiting 12 hours for it to just get pushed back later and later.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
DL 419 is now 12 hours late and counting. Come on DL, just cancel it or reschedule for the morning. Gotta suck to be waiting 12 hours for it to just get pushed back later and later.
Heh. No. Delay for hours hours hours. And then at the last moment worst case scenario cancel. After making passengers wait hours and hours.

Shhh we have marketing stats to maintain.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by mridley2
Heh. No. Delay for hours hours hours. And then at the last moment worst case scenario cancel. After making passengers wait hours and hours.

Shhh we have marketing stats to maintain.
The on time machine. Will they report it as 12 hours early

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.