Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outage compensation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
End of day today, Monday the 15th, will be 7 days since I sent first customer service request via website. Surprised no reply at all. Wednesday will be 7 days for the second one.

Missing MQMs from being forced to change routes. Delays. Etc.
Same here, except for me tomorrow 8/9 will be 7 days since I sent a request. I've heard zip.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
A bump to this:
I received 40k Miles
300 gift card
A check for my hotel

Did anyone get their $200 yet?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by KingBraden

Nope - 9 days now
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
A bump to this:
I received 40k Miles
300 gift card
A check for my hotel

Nope. Nada. Not a voucher, not miles, not GC, not hotel reimbursement. Not even any communication.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
I got 20,000 miles. My husband, on the same flights, got nothing. He wrote, but no reply yet
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Received a call from DL this AM (on another matter) and as the call ended the agent asked if I had any further questions, etc...

I asked about the compensation for being delayed last Monday 8/8.

I did get the 20K miles in my SM acct
No email on $200 voucher

I asked if it was one or the other or both.

I was told that SM members got the 20K miles as it was easy to get them into their accounts vs. a voucher (unsure how much more difficult a voucher would have been).

Was told that non-SM members were getting the $200 vouchers.

I was also told that I could exchange my 20K miles for a $200 voucher. I asked about a time frame on this and was told they were trying to wrap it up by Sept 1.

Edit - I received $200 voucher via email and confirmed in DL Wallet. Was not requested and no forms were filled out.

Last edited by mbowden19; Aug 22, 2016 at 4:14 pm Reason: Received $200 voucher
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by mbowden19
Received a call from DL this AM (on another matter) and as the call ended the agent asked if I had any further questions, etc...

I asked about the compensation for being delayed last Monday 8/8.

I did get the 20K miles in my SM acct
No email on $200 voucher

I asked if it was one or the other or both.

I was told that SM members got the 20K miles as it was easy to get them into their accounts vs. a voucher (unsure how much more difficult a voucher would have been).

Was told that non-SM members were getting the $200 vouchers.

I was also told that I could exchange my 20K miles for a $200 voucher. I asked about a time frame on this and was told they were trying to wrap it up by Sept 1.
Interesting. Son and I are both SM members and got no miles. We got an announcement of a voucher but nothing sense. Many reports of folks getting both so that agent's info doesn't seem reliable.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Interesting. Son and I are both SM members and got no miles. We got an announcement of a voucher but nothing sense. Many reports of folks getting both so that agent's info doesn't seem reliable.

I think the whole thing is unreliable. DL said $200 vouchers with no mentions of miles. Then people start getting miles. Then others get vouchers and miles and yet others get nothing, etc...

No consistent message throughout the process.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Had a First Class ticket to LAS. Flew outbound without issue. On return, my flight was cancelled out of LAS.

I was rebooked almost 7 hours later to fly (in F) via Salt Lake City, but that flight was then also delayed showing an illegal 23 minute connection to the second flight, so I had to be rebooked yet again. Eventually rebooked onto a DL codeshare flight operated by another carrier (only option, all DL flights were now full for the next 24+ hours) and downgraded to Economy.

Delta advised I'd receive a refund for the downgrade from First Class to the lowest Economy ticket that was available at time I made my original booking along with a $200 Future Flight Credit. Have had neither refund, nor flight credit, nor any Skymiles.

MQMs posted for the cancelled flight and the connecting flight as normal (surprisingly).

Sent a note through online refunds form today.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by mbowden19
I think the whole thing is unreliable. DL said $200 vouchers with no mentions of miles. Then people start getting miles. Then others get vouchers and miles and yet others get nothing, etc...

No consistent message throughout the process.
I think it is supposed to be as follows:
1. Medallion member impacted at all - 20k miles
2. Flight delayed more than 3 hours/cancelled - $200

If you fit both you are supposed to get both. I am unsure if each flight should get you the 200 or just if you are in group 2 you get 200.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I had three flights during the meltdown, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of last week. All were delayed, in total over three hours, but no single flight was more than three hours late. I've received the 20,000 miles (one time) and no voucher for me.

BTW I had to abandon a stopover (overnight on domestic) and be completely rerouted to fly over that place. (Two separate tickets were involved for me.) Overall I did pretty well in the circumstances, but Monday I just turned around and went back to my office and then home after getting almost to the airport, only to try again about 24 hours later.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:26 pm

I think it is supposed to be as follows:
1. Medallion member impacted at all - 20k miles
2. Flight delayed more than 3 hours/cancelled - $200

If you fit both you are supposed to get both. I am unsure if each flight should get you the 200 or just if you are in group 2 you get 200.

In this case I would fit into both -

PM as well as a flight that was originally supposed to leave at 10:48 am that officially departed at 3:02pm.

Might have to reach out to DL and see whats going on.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Still no communication. Still no 20k miles. Still no voucher. I called Customer Care and they basically told me "you are getting nothing, get over it". This after my friends that did not even FLY that week got the 20k miles. WTH Delta?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Also "delayed" I was told is arrival NOT departure. My flight left 3:12m late but arrive 2:58 min late. Again, I was told I will get NOTHING for this. Nice.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by lucycan
Still no communication. Still no 20k miles. Still no voucher. I called Customer Care and they basically told me "you are getting nothing, get over it". This after my friends that did not even FLY that week got the 20k miles. WTH Delta?
How long were you delayed? Status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.