Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outage compensation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Ha! I just suggested a thread like this on the computers down thread. I like the idea of a thread specifically documenting compensation. Here's my info. I'd like a 20-30k point credit and would appreciate hotel compensation.

Delay: 27 hours in ATL
Ticket: OW award 30k
Route: LHR-ATL-MEM
Compensation offered: $200 voucher via email
Expenses: meals and hotel (self paid)
Why didn't you just rent a car and drive to Memphis?

Last edited by emrdoc; Aug 11, 2016 at 9:07 pm
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
Your posts are always so damn pedantic. Might I recommend you spend less time trying to chastise other posters and more time responding to posts where people call you on your uneducated responses.

^

Last edited by Doc Savage; Aug 12, 2016 at 9:17 am
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by emrdoc
Why didn't you just rent a car and drive to Memphis?
Because I'd had 5 hours of sleep in about 36 hours and was operating on serious jet lag and 24 hours of travel prior to the delay Didn't feel it would be safe. Plus DL rebooked us and I thought I'd be fine then rebooked again. And again. And so on. Basically I played chicken and lost.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL-DM/2MM, MR-Plat, HH-Gold, Hertz-Prezi Club, Marriott-Gold, MHC
I was fortunate enough to have had a 5:30adeparture Monday that got hosed up and ended up leaving airport and driving to Asheville for day meeting. I read where delta private jets ferried elites to destinations to help. Guess a RIC-AVL was not in the cards. Did receive 20,000 miles today and was not necessary but much appreciated. Nice job delta and great response from CEO owning the problem.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Me too. Maybe this was sent to anyone who traveled during that day?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:22 pm

and me... I was unable to leave Las Vegas on Monday for Miami. I decided to rebook for another week and spent the week at home, so all was good. Rebooked with no fees (as I'd expect) and the 20K. Not a lot but with the change in RDM calculations I have much less than the past for the cross country flights.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Looks like that any medallion flying early this week and had flight disruptions is getting the 20K.

Nice proactive approach to appeasing medallions.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Actually I'm pretty jealous

Actually I'm pretty jealous.
20k miles are worth about $300. I got none because my next flight on Delta is still a week away....

Last edited by Bowgie; Aug 11, 2016 at 11:32 pm
Old Aug 12, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
Flight scheduled for PDX-ATL-CHA/GSP on Sept 9, 2:50pm, used RUC for buddy (no status) and myself (DM) that cleared weeks ago at booking.

PDX-ATL delayed until just past 5pm.
ATL-CHA delayed from 11:30pm to about 1:30pm

Both under the 3 hour window that Delta said was the "threshold" of getting $200 cert.

After travel companion's flight out of ATL cancelled, he rec'd TWO emails of $200 cert. He's waiting to see if both come thru or just duplicate message (7 mins apart)

I rec'd the email about $200 cert on the 9th, as well as 20k additional miles on the 10th.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 12:31 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Never gotten anything like that - regardless of how messed up things have been. In the last year, I've had 16 trans-Atlantic business class flights on Delta, and my luggage has been delayed on 4 of them. Currently on day 7 of a lost item. So it's not like they haven't had reason to throw some miles my way.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 1:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by BHammy
Flight scheduled for PDX-ATL-CHA/GSP on Sept 9, 2:50pm, used RUC for buddy (no status) and myself (DM) that cleared weeks ago at booking.

PDX-ATL delayed until just past 5pm.
ATL-CHA delayed from 11:30pm to about 1:30pm

Both under the 3 hour window that Delta said was the "threshold" of getting $200 cert.

After travel companion's flight out of ATL cancelled, he rec'd TWO emails of $200 cert. He's waiting to see if both come thru or just duplicate message (7 mins apart)

I rec'd the email about $200 cert on the 9th, as well as 20k additional miles on the 10th.
September 9th? I hope DL has fully recovered by then.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 1:55 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I was actually in the air when the outage occurred, my flight was a bit delayed but it was not because of the outage, I just noticed 5,000 "Customer Relations Bonus Miles" posted August 11th.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Often1
... Hopefully the Mods will merge this and avoid cluttering the site with duplicative information which is already out there.
Hopefully not, though they might want to take the compensation posts from that thread and put them here if they have the time. The last thing we need is another thousand-post catch-all thread when we can have a few more focused ones instead.

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Ha! I just suggested a thread like this on the computers down thread. I like the idea of a thread specifically documenting compensation...
Exactly.

Back to the point: I got 20,000 miles for a 10-hour delay LAX-BOS. Would have been worse, but my travel agent got me the last seat on a later (and delayed) non-stop instead of the absurd connection DL rebooked me on, and way earlier than I was able to get to a human either via the lines at LAX or via the telephone call-back system. (Granted, those 10 hours got me in at 3 am instead of 5 pm, and it was after a 13-hour flight from SYD, but 10 hours are 10 hours.)

Haven't gotten the e-mail about the $200 voucher, though. May have to fill out the form.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:24 am

Programs: DM MM
Nothing for me and I was delayed Monday.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by kaaria
Looks like that any medallion flying early this week and had flight disruptions is getting the 20K.

Nice proactive approach to appeasing medallions.
1.5 hour delay tuesday, while minor compared to many others, got zip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.