Wiki Posts
Search

One hour to make a ticket change

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
One hour to make a ticket change

First time booking with Delta after umpteen years with AA. No status with Delta.

Was disappointed that it took me an hour to make a change on a ticket booked on the same day. The wait time of about 50 minutes in total was surprising. Was past from one agent to another. Finally, I was advised to cancel and rebooked as they could not replicate the fare that was on their website.

Is long wait time the norm with Delta? I can't imagine how long the wait time would be getting through during bad weather situations.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you're calling without status, there can be long waits.

Some people have done well with the option to leave a number for a callback from DL.

Otherwise, get comfortable near a speakerphone and do something else while you wait.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL PM
DL's "we'll call you back so you don't have to wait on hold" feature is awesome. Have only had to use it once or twice since becoming DM, but back when I had no status and hold times could be a bit it was really helpful.

For changes within 24hrs though, no need to call. You can usually make them online By pulling your reservation and clicking "change". If the option you want isn't there, just book the new itinerary and cancel the original. No agent needed!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:51 pm

I got really nervous using the callback feature when the call was dropped when Delta called me back. I was relieved that the system recognized my number had been in the queue when I called back and I was at the front of the line.

I strongly recommend Twitter @Delta for most situations. The ongoing AF/KL strike might be causing long wait times.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Widgets
I got really nervous using the callback feature when the call was dropped when Delta called me back. I was relieved that the system recognized my number had been in the queue when I called back and I was at the front of the line.

I strongly recommend Twitter @Delta for most situations. The ongoing AF/KL strike might be causing long wait times.
IME The system 1)makes you push 1 to indicate caller is on the line and 2)once 1 is pushed I don't believe logs you as having gotten called back till an agent answers. I've been able to call right back as long as the agent hadn't picked up. Once connected though if it drops you're out of luck trying to call back and skipping queue. Thus I've taken to asking the,agent to call me back on whatever number I'm at if I get disconnected. So far none have refused.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
IME The system 1)makes you push 1 to indicate caller is on the line and 2)once 1 is pushed I don't believe logs you as having gotten called back till an agent answers. I've been able to call right back as long as the agent hadn't picked up. Once connected though if it drops you're out of luck trying to call back and skipping queue. Thus I've taken to asking the,agent to call me back on whatever number I'm at if I get disconnected. So far none have refused.
Same. I really like that DL allows outbound calling for the phone agents... Makes a huge difference in feeing like you're dealing with real people that care
Old Aug 6, 2016, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by appleguru
DL's "we'll call you back so you don't have to wait on hold" feature is awesome. Have only had to use it once or twice since becoming DM, but back when I had no status and hold times could be a bit it was really helpful.

For changes within 24hrs though, no need to call. You can usually make them online By pulling your reservation and clicking "change". If the option you want isn't there, just book the new itinerary and cancel the original. No agent needed!
I didn't get the "We'll call you back" option on the call. It was just listening to the repeating messages.

Thanks for the tip on making changes within 24 hours. Will do that next time.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by salfcl
I didn't get the "We'll call you back" option on the call. It was just listening to the repeating messages.

Thanks for the tip on making changes within 24 hours. Will do that next time.
Unless something has changed recently I am always presented with the call back option when the hold time is expected to be more than a few minutes.

Only times I haven't been given the option is when something is broken/not working on their side (occasionally some part of their phone system will malfunction, and then all the nice features go away. No call back, no auto-recognition of my SM # and status by the number I call in from. No priority to get to an agent based on status... I just have to hold like everyone else ;-) I can only recall two times in the last few years where this happened though!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.