Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can't find rental car resv. on Delta app

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta

I reserved a car through the Delta website. It shows up under My Trips on the website, but it doesn't show up on the app. Is that normal?

Edit to note: It can't find it with the Find My Trip function in the app either. However, that does work on the website.

Last edited by nishimark; Jul 31, 2016 at 5:12 am Reason: Add info
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nishimark
I reserved a car through the Delta website. It shows up under My Trips on the website, but it doesn't show up on the app. Is that normal?

Edit to note: It can't find it with the Find My Trip function in the app either. However, that does work on the website.
The DL app is for just that, the DL reservations and DL information. The app will pull information related to the DL reservation, but any thing like car or hotel that aren't really a DL product won't appear. You can't book cars/hotels through the app, thus there's no reason for that information to be pulled by the app.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Actually, you can book a car with the app. I booked the car through the Delta website and it appears under My Trips there as well, with a confirmation number that is recognized at the web site.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Actually, you can book a car with the app. I booked the car through the Delta website and it appears under My Trips there as well, with a confirmation number that is recognized at the web site.
It links to the website I believe though to do the booking. It's not actually the app if I remember correctly. Is there something I'm missing that is actually that is actually the app booking and not just linking to delta.com?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
It links to the website I believe though to do the booking. It's not actually the app if I remember correctly. Is there something I'm missing that is actually that is actually the app booking and not just linking to delta.com?
I think you're right. On my iPhone, the booking page is small and difficult to view. It looks like the web page form, though is duplicated in the app, the app does not send you to a browser when you click the Booking link.

Regardless, it seems odd to me that when booking a car through Delta, it shows up under My Trips on the website with a Delta confirmation number, but not on the app. When picking up the car, it would be nice to have that info handy, and not have to print it out or find it in my email.
Old May 1, 2021, 10:57 am

I think you're right. On my iPhone, the booking page is small and difficult to view. It looks like the web page form, though is duplicated in the app, the app does not send you to a browser when you click the Booking link.

Regardless, it seems odd to me that when booking a car through Delta, it shows up under My Trips on the website with a Delta confirmation number, but not on the app. When picking up the car, it would be nice to have that info handy, and not have to print it out or find it in my email.
Delta needs to link these sites to their reservation site. When you book a ticket it takes you straight to the option to book a hotel or car at a reduced rate, using a Delta code. Then when you book said car or hotel, it's nowhere to be found. I just made a car reservation using the site, and have no link to it. Frustrating!
Old May 1, 2021, 2:55 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I’ve booked DL Vacation packages (flats plus hotels), on the APP I can see the seat map and change seats, when I “click” the hotel listed I’m ported to further info about my hotel AND the ability to even rent a car. On www.delta.com I can’t even see the seat map: “contact DL Vacations if you want to change seats.”
Old Oct 27, 2023, 10:00 am

same issue

Would love to find an answer.

Last edited by Alexthegreat488; Oct 27, 2023 at 10:05 am Reason: Wanting to remove - I was wrong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.