Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in Saint Louis

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
I've heard that they're trying to reopen it. I would certainly be more willing to fly out of BWI if there was a lounge. D is quite dead.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:31 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by WWads
I've heard that they're trying to reopen it. I would certainly be more willing to fly out of BWI if there was a lounge. D is quite dead.
The article I linked (it's from May) said it would be reincarnated as a location of "The Club" but I haven't seen anything more recent.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
One of those new Vino wine concepts is currently being built in the area that was long-rumored for a DL SC across from A2. Oh well

Spoke to Pedro (the station manager) a couple months ago and no new destinations on the horizon for STL.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for BOS and/or LAX!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by mot29
Yes! I was flying STL-MSP-ATL-LIM a few years ago when DL ran an STL mileage bonus and the LIM fare sale. I needed to check-in with an agent for passport check and the agent looked at my ticket (which had upgraded on the domestic legs) and said -- 'diamond MM shouldn't be flying in coach to Lima.' The agent played around with the ticket for a while and when I got to the gate at ATL for the flight to Lima, I'd been upgraded.
Not an op-up as there were still seats in the back.
Ahhhh, I can confirm this was true back in the day. There were a couple PMNW agents at STL that were my favorite (both have since retired). I received more than one US-NRT discretionary upgrade during that promo in 2010.

I remember one FT member telling everyone these types of upgrade weren't possible. I let her pad her five figure FT post count and never argued while I toasted her ignorance on those old angled flat bed seats. Ahhhh the good ole days.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by hockeystl
One of those new Vino wine concepts is currently being built in the area that was long-rumored for a DL SC across from A2. Oh well

Spoke to Pedro (the station manager) a couple months ago and no new destinations on the horizon for STL.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for BOS and/or LAX!
Shame. In the pre-TW days, AA used to operate an airside lounge before security to the A gates. I always wondered if there wasn't some creative solution possible by connecting that space to behind security. i.e., after going through A gate security, could you turn right into some hallway that could be constructed to connect to space (which now I think is offices)? I'm obviously not familiar with the detailed floor plans, it was just a (desperate) creative thinking exercise .

I always had the instinct that one reason DL didn't want to move forward with that A2 gate space was just that it was too small to make work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.