Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Do Sky Clubs Ever Let in Cute 7 Year Olds for Free?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do Sky Clubs Ever Let in Cute 7 Year Olds for Free?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2016, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by puddinhead
You could save on the entrance fee and your kid would get free access to an airport lounge if you are a GM or higher. Two guests

Win, win for you and your grandkid.
Since when? Please cite your source.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
DTW today A gates near A10. Millennials are breeding. The 3 year old girl was running all over the club. They were seated behind the desk and it looked like they had a pińata that had exploded with plastic toys everywhere. If I hear another..."Operetta, Operetta...come to daddy" again I will lose my mind.

I should have taken a picture of the mess as I left, but I could not take another moment.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by securesmaskfirst
Millennials are breeding.
Well that right there is a scary thought.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
I've brought my 8 year old grandson in several times @TPA. No charge. So, it can be done.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tvnwz
I've brought my 8 year old grandson in several times @TPA. No charge. So, it can be done.
Is this the first good, solid informative answer to appear in this thread? I've enjoyed reading it, but I'd almost forgotten that it involved a practical question.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta GM, AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
Is this the first good, solid informative answer to appear in this thread? I've enjoyed reading it, but I'd almost forgotten that it involved a practical question.
No I suggested that they check the children through to their final destination thereby rendering the need for the skyclub moot.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I think the fee makes a lot of sense. Delta used to allow the member or card holder and either two adults or one adult and their children under 18 in for free.

Since they made this change it's cut down on crowding a lot and the food offerings have improved a lot.

American and United only allow their members in their club now and stopped allowing Am Ex swipes a couple years ago so I don't know why the Am Ex people are upset they can't bring their kids in anymore, at least they still get in free at Skyclubs unlike at United and American lounges.

I think it would make sense to give individual skyclub members the ability to guest in x number of people total a year. With the old rules I thought it was unfair Mike Brady could guest in Carol and his six kids and if I was travelling with three clients could only guest in two for free.
I very much like that sort of idea and I would imagine that it would be easy to track in DELTA's computer system.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by Ny76
No I suggested that they check the children through to their final destination thereby rendering the need for the skyclub moot.
I think they only gate check the non-cute ones. They have pink tag they tie to one of their ears. Make sure to stand to the side of the jetway to claim your not-so-cute child.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: Delta GM, AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by securesmaskfirst
I think they only gate check the non-cute ones. They have pink tag they tie to one of their ears. Make sure to stand to the side of the jetway to claim your not-so-cute child.
Ugly children are not allowed on any Delta Flight!
Attached Images  
Old Aug 20, 2016, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I had SC agent "bend" the rules for me either by asking nicely and offering full payment.

I have never demand the rules be bent for me. I am batting 1.000
Old Aug 20, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
If DL is not charging SC access fees according to their policy, then I would like them to refund what I have paid and exempt me from such fees going forward.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:34 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
Since when? Please cite your source.
International flight (HKG) as GM or higher. Don't know how long but look at the DL SC access page.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:20 am

That narrows the scope of your comment to a large extent. Your post gives the reader the idea that a GM will automatically gain admittance to any SC, domestic or international.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:29 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
That narrows the scope of your comment to a large extent. Your post gives the reader the idea that a GM will automatically gain admittance to any SC, domestic or international.
If you had read my post it mentioned HKG, with the low cost entrance to Disneyland as part of the message.

I got into Disneyland by claiming I was over 60, it was only $15 US at Disney Hong Kong. You could save on the entrance fee and your kid would get free access to an airport lounge if you are a GM or higher.
I made the assumption the OP was going to a domestic (FL or CA) Disney park because an international flight would have allowed a guest for a GM. No guest = domestic travel. Going to Disney Paris or Hong Kong would therefore require require an international flight and that would permit SC access on all points with the international portion.

I'm not sure how you managed to miss that part. Reading comprehension was assumed on my part, I guess I should have written the message for a third grade reading level so the reader would get the connection.

Last edited by puddinhead; Aug 21, 2016 at 9:37 am
Old Dec 16, 2016, 6:12 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tvnwz
You would, wouldn't you..... did you let everyone know who you were???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.