Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Do Sky Clubs Ever Let in Cute 7 Year Olds for Free?

Do Sky Clubs Ever Let in Cute 7 Year Olds for Free?

Old Jul 24, 2016, 6:59 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Wow! All you kid haterz!

Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Wow! All you kid haterz!

I am hoping they put a bouncy house in the sky club. Maybe some dancing anamatronic Bears would be good too.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Yes they let in cute kids for free. For your kid, it will be $29.

(Because this thread title/question reminds me of the joke about a woman who gets pulled over by a cop and and as the cop is writing her ticket she says "But I thought you didn't give tickets to pretty girls" and the cop responds "We don't. Sign here.")
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I sure hope not.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:16 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
What ever happened to the OP?

Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by securesmaskfirst
I am hoping they put a bouncy house in the sky club. Maybe some dancing anamatronic Bears would be good too.
I for one think they should turn the quiet room in the SC in the Atl E concourse into a mini chucky cheese for all the kids....not.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I think DL should restore the quiet room at the MSP F/G SC......or at least post a big sign that it is not a diaper changing area. Disgusting!
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:56 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I honestly don't get why people think the rules should not apply to them.

Delta used to get a lot of grief for the NFNW (no favors, no waivers) policy, but I honestly never understood why, I expect them to follow the rules and not bend it for others, because I certainly don't expect them to not follow the rules for me. Should we expect favors and waivers, resulting in everyone asking for them ... and then on what basis are they granted, then it becomes discriminatory (he's granted a favor because his kid is cuter than mine?). Before you know it, the Delta experience has evolved into chaos and you might as well have no rules!
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think DL should restore the quiet room at the MSP F/G SC......or at least post a big sign that it is not a diaper changing area. Disgusting!
Speaking of diaper changing in msp, I had some gate lice with an infant do a diaper change right in the middle of the sky priority lane a few weeks ago G14. God I really hope they sterilize those sky priority mats every so often after seeing that disgusting display.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by dzflyer
Speaking of diaper changing in msp, I had some gate lice with an infant do a diaper change right in the middle of the sky priority lane a few weeks ago G14. God I really hope they sterilize those sky priority mats every so often after seeing that disgusting display.
Did you say something to the GA?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Don't think of it as he can't eat $29 worth. Think of it as how much will you spend at a restaurant for three people.....it will be much easier to swallow that way.

My wife can't eat $29 either and does not drink. So I leave it up to her - SC or spend $29 at a restaurant. Either is fine with me.

Annoying, yes......but not worth a choice bennie for 2-3 visits a year.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:14 am

A SC visit is more than just food. Also, a kid might not eat much food, but if they throw it around, necessitating that some staff member clean up the mess since parents don't do this, or stick their hands into the crackers and popcorn, the costs add up.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Beckles
...Delta used to get a lot of grief for the NFNW (no favors, no waivers) policy, but I honestly never understood why, I expect them to follow the rules and not bend it for others, because I certainly don't expect them to not follow the rules for me.
This.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:50 am

Did you say something to the GA?
I didnt but probably should have and will in the future. I can tell you this....I didnt use the sky priority lane.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
A SC visit is more than just food. Also, a kid might not eat much food, but if they throw it around, necessitating that some staff member clean up the mess since parents don't do this, or stick their hands into the crackers and popcorn, the costs add up.
OTOH, getting $29 off the visit from a parent sponsoring a kid could be one of the most profitable customers since the kid is consuming the cheaper items and possibly less of them. The kid certainly isn't consuming the more expensive booze.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.