Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What do you wear on DeltaOne overnight transatlantic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion

Want to give good advice to my mother and aunt.

Comfort vs looking nice; what is your priority? Do you go full-on pajamas, and if so why? Or do you take it a little more upscale.

I'm pretty sure there are no changing facilities on our arrival in MUC.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BostonGuy
Want to give good advice to my mother and aunt.

Comfort vs looking nice; what is your priority? Do you go full-on pajamas, and if so why? Or do you take it a little more upscale.

I'm pretty sure there are no changing facilities on our arrival in MUC.
I have pajamas from a TPAC D1 flight I usually change into onboard. I change back just before landing.

I wouldn't wear pajamas in the terminal, but that's just me. Some do.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Comfortable, loose fitting clothing is what I'd suggest. BOS-Europe isn't long enough to bother with changing clothes in my opinion.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
I wear running pants, synthetic t-shirt, and bring a light hoody but I don't have to go to work until the day after I arrive in the EU.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:25 am

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning
Programs: SkyMiles
I don’t change into PJs...even for the long ATL-JNB flight. Instead, I arrive at my departure airport dressed in well- fitting, wrinkle- resistant clothes.

Black knit slacks , a neat t-shirt layered under a thin cotton sweater, cotton socks, and slip-off flats are my usual airplane “uniform”.

My "uniform" is comfortable enough to sleep in while making me feel nicely dressed.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:04 am

I wear what I wear to work which is also what I wear when I pretty much go anywhere i.e. business casual.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Comfy travel clothes like short sleeve button shirt and kahki's. Flight is too short lMHO for pajamas.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:17 pm

I wear yoga pants and a tshirt. I cover the tshirt with a zip up hoodie until it's sleepy time. Looks pretty normal, not unlike things I see in public every day. But, it's very comfy for sleeping. If I change on arrival depends on where I am going once I arrive. If it's just straight to the hotel, I wait to shower and change there. If I have connecting flights or am going out and about, I shower and change in the lounge.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
If I am on a 10+ hour flight I will change into something to sleep in. Be that some light synthetic outfit, or airline PJs.

It is not just the comfort on the flight, but also arriving in clothes I have worn and slept in. Yuk.

BTW, I also make certain to change as early possible, particularly on arrival. Hate to fight a line to get the bathroom when everybody is waking up.

For shorter flights, I just keep on biz casual (sans shoes, I always fly barefoot).
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by MissJ
I wear yoga pants and a tshirt. I cover the tshirt with a zip up hoodie until it's sleepy time. Looks pretty normal, not unlike things I see in public every day. But, it's very comfy for sleeping. If I change on arrival depends on where I am going once I arrive. If it's just straight to the hotel, I wait to shower and change there. If I have connecting flights or am going out and about, I shower and change in the lounge.
Exactly what I wear. And, I put a second shirt in my carry on bag that I'll change into before I get off the plane, or at the closet restroom in the terminal.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:41 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MissJ
I cover the tshirt with a zip up hoodie until it's sleepy time.
I was flying a while back JFK/somewhere domestic, sitting in 1B. The young 20 something in 1A, just flew into JFK from TLV in D1. The F FA said to him said . . . .

'May I hang your hoodie for you"?

The 3 of us 'd.

Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
I change into sweatpants and a t-shirt.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Usual routine (either 6PM SEA-AMS or 7PM SEA-LHR):
Change into Pajama pants and a t-shirt right after boarding - far more comfortable to sleep in
Choose Dine and Rest option
Sleep 6 or so hours. Sleep on top of duvet, using it as a mattress pad. Makes the bed more comfortable, and I get too hot if I use the duvet the normal way. With the duvet underneath me, it is much easier to stay the right temperature.
Maybe breakfast
Change back into regular pants right before landing
Shower in lounge and change into clean clothes
Catch connecting flight to CDG
Old Jul 24, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, LH
Originally Posted by Bowgie
Comfy travel clothes like short sleeve button shirt and kahki's. Flight is too short lMHO for pajamas.
Of course it is your choice, but I always wear long-sleeved natural fiber (such as cotton) shirt and/or sweater while flying, and I never wear shorts. There are 2 reasons for this: 1.) Sometime an overnight flight is particularly cold, but more importantly: 2.) If there is ever an evacuation or fire, your are more well protected with long-sleeves. Avoid polyester and acrylic clothing, as they can be melted onto your skin in case of a flash fire.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL PM
I always go for comfort. If I plan to sleep I usually change into PJ pants and a t shirt. I try and bring disposable slippers too; makes getting up without having to put shoes on much easier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.