Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What do you wear on DeltaOne overnight transatlantic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you wear on DeltaOne overnight transatlantic?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by MissJ
I wear yoga pants and a tshirt.
Me, too. I throw a long sweater over it and a colorful scarf, since my clothes are almost always black and the scarf make the outfit look a little bit nicer.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by sky303
LOL, not to be rude, but this sounds pretty disconnected from reality for "every other college kid." Not that I have anything against these brands or products, but sorry, most college kids aren't out wearing 2-3k in clothing on a casual day.
I think/hope that post was mostly tongue-in-cheek somehow.

Where I live, college guys seem to be wearing flip flops, ratty shorts, and too-small t-shirts or polos these days. College girls seem to be wearing way-too-large t-shirts/small t-shirt-shaped blankets and super-short shorts. At least I hope they're wearing shorts...you can't tell with the giant shirt hanging down to their knees...

ETA: To answer the actual thread topic - it's comfort all the way for me. If it's a flight where I need to go straight to work, I'll pack business clothes in a packing folder and change just before landing or in the destination airport. Otherwise, I board with jeans and a breathable t-shirt, polo, or button-down, then change into PJ pants and a t-shirt once we level of and before cabin service starts. I have a travel button-down that I like because it has a zippered breast pocket where I can keep my wallet and passport, then fold up the shirt and stuff it under my pillow while I sleep.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Airline pajamas is what I wear. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I have quite a lot.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Airline pajamas is what I wear. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I have quite a lot.
Same. I have a little collection. My favorite is CX, super comfy.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
To EU--I usually change my shirt to a long-sleeve quick-dry shirt, saving my undershirt and shirt for the next morning in EU. I then can wash/dry the travel shirt for the return.

For TPAC, I do the same, but also change from jeans or dress slacks to hospital scrubs.

Shirt and scrubs pack very tight.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: delta dm
I usually wear a black tie tuxedo with black wing tip shoes. I try to look as good as possible without caring about comfort.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Gotta go with the bear suit.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by dzflyer
I usually wear a black tie tuxedo with black wing tip shoes. I try to look as good as possible without caring about comfort.
A real gentleman would put on proper white-tie evening dress for an event as special as a D1 flight. We're not savages.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Always a suit on the plane. I change into gym shorts and a t-shirt to sleep (flights over 6 hours) then back into a suit prior to landing as I usually go straight to work.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Found out the other day that most of the world views Commando as the norm. They actually find it unhygienic to wear something underneath.
Not really. In Holland, wearing comando at night means you're looking to get laid.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Not really. In Holland, wearing comando at night means you're looking to get laid.
Same in the States, one less piece of clothing to take off.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:53 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I'm alwayz amazed when I see people - even in Y - flying in a suit/jacket, wearing a tie with the collar buttoned all the way up on LOOOOOOOOONG over-the-water flights!

I just don't get it?!?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
I'm alwayz amazed when I see people - even in Y - flying in a suit/jacket, wearing a tie with the collar buttoned all the way up on LOOOOOOOOONG over-the-water flights!

I just don't get it?!?
Very well tailored suits made of fine fabrics can be very comfortable. But then again, I'd rather be in pjs.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:27 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by hiima
Very well tailored suits made of fine fabrics can be very comfortable. But then again, I'd rather be in pjs.
Do people who wear "very well tailored suits" fly in Y?!?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by davetravels
Do people who wear "very well tailored suits" fly in Y?!?
Sure they do!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.