Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Platinum Amex 60K Offer Wording?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, HH DM, National Exec Elite, SPG, Hyatt Plat
Delta Platinum Amex 60K Offer Wording?

I tried searching for a thread about this but didn't see anything in my immediate search results, so apologies if this topic has already been beaten to death...

So, like many of you, I got the following email from Delta on June 1st:

"Limited time Medallion® member offer: Earn 60,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express after spending $2,000 or more in eligible purchases with your new Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, receive a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your Card in the first 3 months. And remember, your miles don't expire!"

On June 4th, I bit the bullet and went back to the email and clicked on the "learn more!" link, filled out an application and was approved. Earlier this month I made my spending limit of $2k and, sure enough, saw "SkyMiles AMEX Cobrand Credit Card Bonus 42,000", "SkyMiles AMEX Cobrand Credit Card Bonus 8,000" and "SM Amex Cobrand Credit Card Bonus 10,000" show up on my delta app on July 16th. The 10,000 were MQMs, so I waiting for one more 10,000 entry to show up, but it never came.

Today I called Amex to find out why I hadn't received the last 10K frequent flyer miles. Initially the rep said that the miles showed up as "in process" on their end and that's why "they're not showing up yet on your delta account." When I told them that I did see miles on my end, just not the full 60,000 sky miles I was expecting, they said that on their end that offer says "60,000 bonus miles which include 10,000 MQMs." They said that since I had received a total of 60K bonus miles (50K sky miles and 10 MQMs), there was nothing that they could do, as they met the agreements on their end of things. I repeated the wording of "60,000 bonus miles AND 10,000 MQMs" from in the email offer. They thought it was a wording issue on Delta's end.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a common misconception? I feel the wording implies 60K bonus frequent flier miles and 10K bonus MQMs, but am I in the wrong here?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 5:38 pm

Had this promo show up as 27,000 + 23,000 miles same day so 60,000 total. In the past the funny transfer numbers had to do with Delta mainframe computers and the largest number you could make with 8 bit computer and check sum. I am not sure about MQM
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:15 pm

Programs: delta dm
Another word of caution. I did the platinum offer. Everything transferred ok but they created a new sky miles acct to transfer the miles to and then I had to have the accounts merged and it was a big ordeal. Make sure that new credit card has your existing sky miles # on it. Couldn't figure why my miles hadn't transfered but that ended up being the reason why.

Last edited by dzflyer; Jul 23, 2016 at 9:49 pm
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:17 pm

I'd suggest you also post this over in the AMEX forum. I'm just about to hit my $2,000 spend, so hopefully this isn't a widespread SNAFU.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:15 pm

I did the Platinum offer for the 60,000 miles and was auto approved. I've already spent the $2000 needed for reward mile offer. Called today because it hasn't shown up and the chat person said they have no record of this offer. This is so frustrating.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Centurion
Had this promo show up as 27,000 + 23,000 miles same day so 60,000 total. In the past the funny transfer numbers had to do with Delta mainframe computers and the largest number you could make with 8 bit computer and check sum. I am not sure about MQM
27k+23k = 50k, not 60k
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by u101655
I did the Platinum offer for the 60,000 miles and was auto approved. I've already spent the $2000 needed for reward mile offer. Called today because it hasn't shown up and the chat person said they have no record of this offer. This is so frustrating.
Not that it helps much in your current situation, but whenever signing up for credit cards with bonus offers, always screenshot every offer and print out the full terms, and make a note of any offer or RSVP code (with Amex these are often in the URL when on the landing or application pages).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.