Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone use the SFO T1 SkyClub when flying on KLM from the International terminal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone use the SFO T1 SkyClub when flying on KLM from the International terminal?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/1MM, Marriott Gold

I'm flying to Amsterdam on Monday with a Delta ticket on KLM metal. I will probably have a couple of hours at the airport. I think the new Delta SkyClub is a lot nicer than the Air France/KLM lounge in the International terminal. Between my J ticket, and my Reserve Amex card, I'm sure I would be admitted to the SkyClub, but would it be much of a hassle to get there and back from the International terminal?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:25 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by KevinSFO
I'm flying to Amsterdam on Monday with a Delta ticket on KLM metal. I will probably have a couple of hours at the airport. I think the new Delta SkyClub is a lot nicer than the Air France/KLM lounge in the International terminal. Between my J ticket, and my Reserve Amex card, I'm sure I would be admitted to the SkyClub, but would it be much of a hassle to get there and back from the International terminal?
From your handle I'm guessing you mean you expect to arrive at SFO with some time to kill, and not that you're connecting through SFO In which case I'm also guessing you probably already know the layout and are asking about the security check aspects.

They might balk at first if you present a KLM boarding pass to enter T1 but if you explain you want to use the SkyClub it shouldn't be a problem. People have also said a mobile boarding pass makes this easier.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by KevinSFO
Your Reserve card shouldn't help as you're not (apparently) flying a DL flight that day, but either the J KLM ticket/boarding pass or that itinerary plus your ElitePlus (GM+ on DL) status should work. IIRC thee rule is boarding pass, not just ticket, so be sure to OLCI or check in with KLM before going to the SC.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Shouldn't be an issue to get in, but it's a bit of a hassle what with changing terminals and re-clearing security. SkyClub is nicer than the AF lounge for sure, but I don't think it's so much nicer that I would go there for a bit then exit security and switch terminals -- especially since with a KLM boarding pass you won't have precheck and will thus be subject to regular security an extra time.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I am sure there must be a thread about the new SFO skyclub, but I searched and could only find this.

The new SFO Skyclub is just amazing. I spent three hours there yesterday on a long layover, and to me it's the way all Skyclubs should be. It is very spacious, the seating is well laid out, it has great views of the tarmac and runways, and a very nice food selection. And of course an excellent staff.

Well done, Delta! ^ ^ ^

David
Old Aug 31, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I am sure there must be a thread about the new SFO skyclub, but I searched and could only find this.

The new SFO Skyclub is just amazing. I spent three hours there yesterday on a long layover, and to me it's the way all Skyclubs should be. It is very spacious, the seating is well laid out, it has great views of the tarmac and runways, and a very nice food selection. And of course an excellent staff.

Well done, Delta! ^ ^ ^

David

Here is the thread you are looking for: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ve-thread.html

FYI, Flyertalk is much better searched through Google than the internal search engine. This came up as the first hit when I searched "SFO Skyclub Flyertalk"
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
FYI, Flyertalk is much better searched through Google than the internal search engine. This came up as the first hit when I searched "SFO Skyclub Flyertalk"
An excellent suggestion, thank you! ^ ^

And I will post to the correct thread.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.