Any DFW based Delta loyals?

Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by ProfRB
I don't fly out of DFW, but I do fly in often, because most of my family is there. I love it - short walks between parking, ticketing, baggage claim, and gates; and a SkyClub notwithstanding the relatively small number of Delta gates. Fwiw, I was seated next to a DFW-based Delta pilot on a flight last week (he was commuting to Atlanta for work), and he explained that DFW was formerly a quasi-hub for Delta (Northwest?), and that although passenger traffic is not huge, it is loyal and very high-value.
DFW was a hub for delta in the 90s. I think the last trip I flew through dfw on delta when it was still a hub was ORD DFW PDX. NWA never had a hub in DFW.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:30 pm

I fly mostly DELTA ex-DFW and have been doing for years now and am very happy with the arrangement.

If I am going East, I will always check DELTA First, west I tend to split between DL and AA.

The SkyClub is good and the staff (both at the SkyClub and the gate) is top notch, I have watched one Gentleman in particular handle rather sticky situations with grace that impressed me enough to write into DELTA to them about him.

Fairly busy commuter station as well, I routinely see the same DELTA pilots and Flight Attendants listing for flights to ATL (mostly).
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Thumbs down

My first time in a very long time at DFW, and I have to say, I'm underwhelmed by DL here. Sky club is very small for the amount of flights (a hair bigger than JAX-seriously), the spread is not great considering the size of the metro, concourse E is not great in terms of amenities, and the staff here is just okay-not terrible or anything to report, just not what I'm used to in other cities. Also, the entire concourse is simply hot and humid. I realize it was warm here today, but is decent climate control too much to ask?

Maybe it's my frustration of my second 3 hour+ mechanical delay in 3 days, but if I was based here, I'd have to consider UA or AA.

Last edited by scongro; Aug 12, 2016 at 5:24 pm Reason: Added
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA PS, VX, Natl EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by scongro
My first time in a very long time at DFW, and I have to say, I'm underwhelmed by DL here. Sky club is very small for the amount of flights (a hair bigger than JAX-seriously), the spread is not great considering the size of the metro
I am underwhelmed by the DFW skyclub as well, but unless you're in a hub, what are you expecting? The spread at DFW is the same as every other non-flagship Skyclub. Chicken salad, soup, pickled veggies, hummus, etc. It's usually relatively empty, which is sometimes nicer than an upgraded selection of food.

I actually think I preferred the satellite terminal, since everything was closer together.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
I like DL at DFW, with the exception that upgrades are much harder DFW-ATL than other routes I fly, except TCON. Personally I don't mind the ATL connection, it's a nice halfway stop East Coast-> TX, though of course adds some time.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by WWads
Where do you mostly fly to? Do you mind having to connect when flying to a non-hub city?

You can get to every domestic DL hub out of DFW, except for SEA and BOS. You'll have to deal with a lot of regional jets though, even to LGA and JFK.
Yeah, I'm on an E-175 from LAX to DFW next week.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by teCh0010
Yeah, I'm on an E-175 from LAX to DFW next week.
The E-jets are nice. Unfortunately DL runs CRJ-900s DFW-NYC. That's not so nice.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by scongro
My first time in a very long time at DFW, and I have to say, I'm underwhelmed by DL here. Sky club is very small for the amount of flights (a hair bigger than JAX-seriously), the spread is not great considering the size of the metro, concourse E is not great in terms of amenities, and the staff here is just okay-not terrible or anything to report, just not what I'm used to in other cities. Also, the entire concourse is simply hot and humid. I realize it was warm here today, but is decent climate control too much to ask?

Maybe it's my frustration of my second 3 hour+ mechanical delay in 3 days, but if I was based here, I'd have to consider UA or AA.
And to think, the E concourse and they SkyClub have been remodeled this year. (Not exactly stellar on either front...)

But I do enjoy the convenience of E, and actually really DID enjoy the satellite terminal, and wish that would have been remodeled and stayed the DL terminal.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:25 pm

I wish delta would change the plane types around like they used to on DFW-ATL (used to mix, b737/b757/a319/a320/md90). Now, all they do is the MD-88 with an occasional A319.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:50 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Bump. DFW fliers may know the answer here - I'm trying to book a trip to Dallas and there doesn't seem to be a way to get delta.com to search BOTH DFW and DAL at the same time (i.e. you can use NYC, CHI, or WAS to search multiple airports in a city). I want to book a single ticket with outbound arriving at DAL and return leaving from DFW but this doesn't seem possible.

I even tried using concur, and couldn't get such an itinerary put together.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by pvn
Bump. DFW fliers may know the answer here - I'm trying to book a trip to Dallas and there doesn't seem to be a way to get delta.com to search BOTH DFW and DAL at the same time (i.e. you can use NYC, CHI, or WAS to search multiple airports in a city). I want to book a single ticket with outbound arriving at DAL and return leaving from DFW but this doesn't seem possible.

I even tried using concur, and couldn't get such an itinerary put together.
I’m not exactly sure why DL doesn’t have an option to search for both DFW and DAL flight options but DL doesn’t have that many flights at DAL (only 5x to ATL) due to the whole WN/DL Gate fiasco going on at DAL. If you want to book an itinerary arriving at DAL and departing DFW on one ticket you could just book it as a multi-city trip.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:04 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
you could just book it as a multi-city trip.
Duh, why didn't I think of that? Worked great both on delta.dumb and on concur.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Looks like DL and AA just renewed their interline agreement, good news for DFW flyers in IROPs.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:45 pm

DFW-based; been flying American for a while. VERY impressed with my DL flight to LGA. We flew out on an A319 and back on an E175. Very little swarming at the gate, great flight and gate crews, AWESOME SkyClubs and comfortable flights all throughout. Comfort+ is MUCH better than Main Cabin Extra. My wife and I sat in middle seats and werent bothered at all; first time thats ever happened.

I booked two months of flights with Delta to maintain my Plat Medallion status. Very excited, especially now that they are going to start flying the CS100/A220 on this route.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by teCh0010
Looks like DL and AA just renewed their interline agreement, good news for DFW flyers in IROPs.
massive news

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.