FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   when is "priority" boarding Sky vs 1?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1778537-when-priority-boarding-sky-vs-1-a.html)

slidergirl Jul 15, 2016 11:30 am

when is "priority" boarding Sky vs 1??

"Upgraded" my little trip SLC-PHX and back two different ways. I originally had a "T" ticket booked through my AMEX agent. Went in later and saw a C+ aisle seat available at $15, so I took that one. I only had Zone 1 boarding, even though what I could find on dl.com said "sky priority" and "SKY" for C+.
On the return, I knew it was totally full and my seat in 31C would be OK for that short flight. But, I wanted to be sure I had room near my seat (I NEVER take the first available spot at the front for my bag), so I payed the $15 for "priority" boarding. I swear it said sky priority for boarding in the ad, but once again I got Zone 1 (but I did find a space for my 20" skinny carryon). I swear that I got SKY when I did the C+ upgrade SLC-JFK-SJU back in April.

Just wondering - would someone with more experience than I sort out just what one should get when one does those paid extras?

KDCAflyer Jul 15, 2016 11:33 am

Originally Posted by slidergirl (Post 26921202)
"Upgraded" my little trip SLC-PHX and back two different ways. I originally had a "T" ticket booked through my AMEX agent. Went in later and saw a C+ aisle seat available at $15, so I took that one. I only had Zone 1 boarding, even though what I could find on dl.com said "sky priority" and "SKY" for C+.
On the return, I knew it was totally full and my seat in 31C would be OK for that short flight. But, I wanted to be sure I had room near my seat (I NEVER take the first available spot at the front for my bag), so I payed the $15 for "priority" boarding. I swear it said sky priority for boarding in the ad, but once again I got Zone 1 (but I did find a space for my 20" skinny carryon). I swear that I got SKY when I did the C+ upgrade SLC-JFK-SJU back in April.

Just wondering - would someone with more experience than I sort out just what one should get when one does those paid extras?

Comfort+ comes with zone sky boarding. Purchased priority boarding (as well as Amex cards) is zone 1.

danielonn Jul 15, 2016 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 26921212)
Comfort+ comes with zone sky boarding. Purchased priority boarding (as well as Amex cards) is zone 1.

So my question is lets say you have the AMEX card and you are booked in Comfort+ would Comfort+ override the Zone 1 Boarding and you would get Sky Boarding? To me that sounds like the way to do it. If Delta.com says Sky your boarding passes should read SKY. Can an agent override the boarding pass and have it show SKY?

The Gate Agent should see that you are seated in Comfort+ and let you board with SKY. I am a bit confused because my boarding passes in Comfort+ show SKY and I have used the SKY checkin and SKY Priority Security Line without a problem.

Widgets Jul 15, 2016 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by danielonn (Post 26921568)
So my question is lets say you have the AMEX card and you are booked in Comfort+ would Comfort+ override the Zone 1 Boarding and you would get Sky Boarding? To me that sounds like the way to do it. If Delta.com says Sky your boarding passes should read SKY. Can an agent override the boarding pass and have it show SKY?

The Gate Agent should see that you are seated in Comfort+ and let you board with SKY. I am a bit confused because my boarding passes in Comfort+ show SKY and I have used the SKY checkin and SKY Priority Security Line without a problem.

Comfort+ is SKY boarding. It's impossible for an agent to assign a different zone. Comfort+ only offers Sky boarding, and not Sky check-in or security. Sometimes, BPs for Comfort+ incorrectly have a non-Sky zone. Indicating you're in Comfort+ should get you into Sky boarding.

slidergirl Jul 16, 2016 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Widgets (Post 26922061)
Comfort+ is SKY boarding. It's impossible for an agent to assign a different zone. Comfort+ only offers Sky boarding, and not Sky check-in or security. Sometimes, BPs for Comfort+ incorrectly have a non-Sky zone. Indicating you're in Comfort+ should get you into Sky boarding.

So, my C+ outgoing boarding pass was mis-appropriated to Zone 1? I may have to complain to DL and ask for compensation ;)

mra123 Jul 16, 2016 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by slidergirl (Post 26925240)
So, my C+ outgoing boarding pass was mis-appropriated to Zone 1? I may have to complain to DL and ask for compensation ;)

Was your BP printed or on your app? The app has a long standing known glitch with updating the BP with the correct zoning.

KDCAflyer Jul 16, 2016 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by mra123 (Post 26925770)
Was your BP printed or on your app? The app has a long standing known glitch with updating the BP with the correct zoning.

On a recent flight, none of the boarding passes (even the digital ones) had boarding zones. Felt really bad for the GA. At least it was only a 50-seater.

slidergirl Jul 17, 2016 11:14 am

Originally Posted by mra123 (Post 26925770)

Yes, it was done on the DL App. First time I got to use it (resisted the smartphone until my old dumb phone finally died.

I could complain I guess, but I had a spot for my bag anyway and that was the big reason I bought up for a totally full flight coming back from a vacation destination. Otherwise, with my seat, I probably would have been in Zone "last to board"...

rizrizriz Jul 17, 2016 11:27 am

Hi SliderGirl,
in event you still have questions, this may be helpful.

http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...ones-groups-7/

Originally Posted by slidergirl (Post 26921202)