another c+ upgrade question

Old Jul 11, 16, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-FO, amex platinum, ducks unlimited, pheasants forever
another c+ upgrade question

I have a RT Skybonus certificate for c- that I need to use before the end of the year.
I'm a lowly FO.

Is it possible to upgrade to c+ with either cash or miles?
I don't expect to be able to upgrade with my status.
Thanks in advance....
Old Jul 11, 16, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Nope, you can't upgrade. Enjoy your seat in the back of the bus.
Old Jul 11, 16, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Nope, even the AMEX companion certificates don't allow upgrades. Sadly C+ is now an upgrade and not just an add-on.
Old Oct 21, 16, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
The kick in the face for me is that I have a SkyBonus certificate for the main cabin that was issued in December 2015... before C+ as a separate class existed.

When I drew out the coupons, there was not even a C+ coupon to choose.

So, now, C+ is inaccessible to me on that coupon.

Thanks for having my back, Va Ave.
Old Oct 21, 16, 11:08 am

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
As an FO you will be able to upgrade for free at 24 hours before departure if there are seats available. Or, if you can use this cert for travel with a higher level medallion and have you both on the same PNR, you can both upgrade at their window (GM=72 hours, PM/DM= at time of purchase). What I'm not sure about is if you would be able to both be on the same PNR with one of you paying with the cert and another with cash. My guess is that the initial response would be no, but maybe you could push it with a supervisor.
Old Oct 21, 16, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
As an FO you will be able to upgrade for free at 24 hours before departure if there are seats available. Or, if you can use this cert for travel with a higher level medallion and have you both on the same PNR, you can both upgrade at their window (GM=72 hours, PM/DM= at time of purchase). What I'm not sure about is if you would be able to both be on the same PNR with one of you paying with the cert and another with cash. My guess is that the initial response would be no, but maybe you could push it with a supervisor.
I am a DM. I was told no upgrades to C+ or FC on a ticket purchased with a SkyBonus main cabin ticket. None. Nada. Nyet. Never. No way.

Your DL elite benefits, in that respect, are eradicated when you use the SkyBonus coupon.

In effect, you get what appears to be equivalent to a E fare ticket.

I tried to check the T&Cs associated with the coupons at the time I requested them. But, the coupons are sent by email, and the link in the email to the T&Cs is now a broken link.

Another example of the Va Ave attitude that customers don't need access to T&Cs.
Old Oct 21, 16, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter View Post
I am a DM. I was told no upgrades to C+ or FC on a ticket purchased with a SkyBonus main cabin ticket. None. Nada. Nyet. Never. No way.

Your DL elite benefits, in that respect, are eradicated when you use the SkyBonus coupon.

I tried to check the T&Cs associated with the coupons at the time I requested them. But, the coupons are sent by email, and the link in the email to the T&Cs is now a broken link.

Another example of the Va Ave attitude that customers don't need access to T&Cs.
I was responding to the OP, but now see that this thread is older than I realized and you probably thought I was responding to you.
Old Oct 21, 16, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter View Post

You should be able to get upgrades just like on an award ticket. As long as there's WU space you should get it.
Old Oct 21, 16, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
The SB ticket doesn't let you select/tick the 'request upgrade' boxes and have it stick.
Old Oct 21, 16, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
I was responding to the OP, but now see that this thread is older than I realized and you probably thought I was responding to you.
No offense was taken.
Old Oct 21, 16, 5:51 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
If anyone needs one of these, let me know, expires end of Feb 2017

Search this Thread
Search Engine: