Wiki Posts
Search

Best Lounge Choice at ICN

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM
Best Lounge Choice at ICN

I have Priority Pass and Delta SkyClub memberships. Any recommended lounges at ICN for transfer from DL arrival to CZ China departure?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:04 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by BrianMinn
I have Priority Pass and Delta SkyClub memberships. Any recommended lounges at ICN for transfer from DL arrival to CZ China departure?
Priority Pass gets you in the excellent Sky Hub lounges which are all about Korean food, DIY bibimbap, bulgogi, rambutans, otherwise their facilities are basic. If you have FL Gold and above would get in to Korean Air lounges which has are subpar except the bathrooms. PP also gets to Asiana which is slightly better than Korean Air.

If you are departing satellite terminal it is a one-way trip so need to go to Sky Hub prior to heading to Satellite.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RapidTravelChai
Priority Pass gets you in the excellent Sky Hub lounges which are all about Korean food, DIY bibimbap, bulgogi, rambutans, otherwise their facilities are basic. If you have FL Gold and above would get in to Korean Air lounges which has are subpar except the bathrooms. PP also gets to Asiana which is slightly better than Korean Air.

If you are departing satellite terminal it is a one-way trip so need to go to Sky Hub prior to heading to Satellite.
+1 to all of this. Flew OZ in J ICN-SFO last week and lounge-hopped a bit, and SkyHub food blew away Asiana lounge food (and what I remember of KE lounge food from my last time in ICN). That said, bit of a dingy interior and (at least the one near Gate 42, where I went) faces the checkin hall rather than the tarmac...

P.S. @RapidTravelChai -- I went to the SkyHub lounge solely because I saw your blog post about the DIY bibimbap a week or two beforehand, so thanks for that!
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
CZ Flies out of the satellite terminal, so remember it is a one-way journey there.
Since OP is FO so no use of status or SkyClub membership. Just the PP will work.

Like RapidTravelChai said
Go to SkyHub for food. Go to OZ,KE for rest. (OZ slightly better with worn down massage chairs but not really a deal breaker)
Depending on time of day, going to satellite OZ,KE lounge may be better due to fewer people there.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: DL DM 2mm, AA EXP mm, UA SL, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BrianMinn
FYI f you arrive on DL and connect to CZ you might be stuck in the Concourse terminal and not have access to the Passenger (main) terminal without going through immigration. Its been a while since I connected in the Concourse but I recall having a problem with trying to go to the Passenger terminal. Things may have changed. If not the Skyteam lounge in the Concourse isn't bad for a couple of hours though you'd be better off in the Skyhub lounge if you can get there.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by salsa
FYI f you arrive on DL and connect to CZ you might be stuck in the Concourse terminal and not have access to the Passenger (main) terminal without going through immigration. Its been a while since I connected in the Concourse but I recall having a problem with trying to go to the Passenger terminal. Things may have changed. If not the Skyteam lounge in the Concourse isn't bad for a couple of hours though you'd be better off in the Skyhub lounge if you can get there.
On arrival, just take the train back to the main arrival then come back up at the main terminal. Imagine you are connecting from concourse to main terminal I.e.DL to KE.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
I liked the food in the KE lounge, the seating was a little funky though.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM
Looks like arrival and departure are both in Concourse. JohnyR--so I do or do not need to go through immigration when I take the train to Main Terminal and back?

I may be stuffed with Business Class food on DL, but still I'd love to try the Sky Hub food. With only a two-hour layover before CZ departure, don't want to get into long waits to do the round trip. Any idea about congestion on a weekday early evening? In the worst case, the DL website says I can get into the KE lounge in Concourse.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
I liked the food in the KE lounge, the seating was a little funky though.
OP indicates he is only a Silver Medallion (Skyteam Elite). The KE lounges are not accessible with just a Sky Club Membership. Although, I see from his most recent post, it looks like he is in Biz (would have been helpful to mention in the beginning) which would get him into the KE lounge.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RapidTravelChai

So cool...I used to visit this lounge a lot a few years ago. Don't ever remember the bibimbap bar...did this start a year or two ago? Is the gochujang paste in individual containers or only in a large bowl? I need to find a way to buy a bunch of single-use tubes of this (OZ and KE only seem to have 1-2 extra to gift me on flights!).
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So cool...I used to visit this lounge a lot a few years ago. Don't ever remember the bibimbap bar...did this start a year or two ago? Is the gochujang paste in individual containers or only in a large bowl? I need to find a way to buy a bunch of single-use tubes of this (OZ and KE only seem to have 1-2 extra to gift me on flights!).
Single use pack of most Korean condiments are available in multiple at most major city's Korean supermarkets
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:49 am

Sorry for reviving an old thread.

Transiting through ICN in a few weeks, can someone confirm whether there is a SkyHub lounge in the concourse?

Or must I go back to main terminal somehow?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:07 am

There is a Skyhub in Concourse A where Delta used to depart from. But Delta now uses Terminal 2 which doesn't seem to have a Skyhub.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any particular reason you need to use a Sky Hub lounge? It addition to KE Prestige lounges (for Skyteam ElitePlus members), there looks to be some sort of "SPC lounge" third party lounge in T2 -- https://loungereview.com/lounges/spc...r_accesspolicy
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Priority Pass app now lists the SPC Lounge (near gate 268) as well as a "Lounge.L" (near gate 231). Without knowing the quality, at least there are some options for PP as the reviews on the KE forum of the new Prestige and First lounges are pretty scathing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.