Wiki Posts
Search

Screaming Babies in Sky Club

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, SW (former) A-list
Screaming Babies in Sky Club

Is there an official policy on this? I guess I could go look that up, but I'm more interested to know if it's a common thing and if any action is ever taken to get people whose kids are screaming bloody murder to take them elsewhere. There's a family with two babies under two years old, both shrieking their heads off, at the Sky Club I am currently in. How do most Sky Club members feel about this issue, are they tolerant? Just wondering, as I stifle my annoyance....
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I don't think you're required to have a screaming baby to access the Sky Club.

Mike
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Babies exist. Babies cry. Normal adults pretend to ignore it. Exceptional adults offer to help.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Babies exist. Babies cry. Normal adults pretend to ignore it. Exceptional adults offer to help.
Responsible parents remove them
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Yeah I would say that they shouldn't be allowed in a SkyClub.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:50 pm

Just be thankful you can leave!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
The sky club is a place to get work done and get away from the airport stress. I did report to a sky club agent, after doing a red eye through MSP, that the screaming four year old was bothering me. I asked him if there was anything he could do about it. He replied, "only if a member makes a formal complaint." I just replied..formal complaint filed. There are places that are appropriate For children and there are places that are not appropriate. A screaming child in a sky club is not appropriate. On the other hand, playing poker, drinking and swearing in chucky cheese is not appropriate.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Sky-dumps are overcrowded daycare centers. I've saying it for years. Both for Adults (loud phone conversations, feet on furniture, awful hygiene with the food) and for screaming children alike. Awful excuse for an airline lounge-Then again most US clubs are except the Centurion lounge and those lounges for international carriers.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Sky-dumps are overcrowded daycare centers. I've saying it for years. Both for Adults (loud phone conversations, feet on furniture, awful hygiene with the food) and for screaming children alike. Awful excuse for an airline lounge-Then again most US clubs are except the Centurion lounge and those lounges for international carriers.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!! Maybe they can partition of half the skyclub and turn it into a Chuckee Cheese to help with SC overcrowding.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
While I totally sympathize with a tired traveler harried by a tired child's response to travel, perhaps you might be a little more understanding about the stress that a child experiences in the current travel experience. Imagine, if you will, being dragged into crowded, difficult places over and over and over again. You are tired and the food is different and no one wants to help or seems able to help. As an adult, you are able to hold your temper and react quietly to the stress. As a child , you may not be able to do that. Your parents take you into a space that should be quiet but is not. You have the right to be there because your parents have followed the rules. But people glare at you and you know you are not welcome.
Perhaps the other people could have offered help or get the child something to distract him or her or even watch the child while the parent got something to help the child. Perhaps that could have helped.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by gungadin
While I totally sympathize with a tired traveler harried by a tired child's response to travel, perhaps you might be a little more understanding about the stress that a child experiences in the current travel experience. Imagine, if you will, being dragged into crowded, difficult places over and over and over again. You are tired and the food is different and no one wants to help or seems able to help. As an adult, you are able to hold your temper and react quietly to the stress. As a child , you may not be able to do that. Your parents take you into a space that should be quiet but is not. You have the right to be there because your parents have followed the rules. But people glare at you and you know you are not welcome.
Perhaps the other people could have offered help or get the child something to distract him or her or even watch the child while the parent got something to help the child. Perhaps that could have helped.
Agree with you to a certain extent. However if my child was screaming and bothering people I would leave.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Agree with you to a certain extent. However if my child was screaming and bothering people I would leave.
And where would you go that could make your child feel less frustrated and afraid?
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by gungadin
And where would you go that could make your child feel less frustrated and afraid?
A place that wasnt meant to be quiet....In the terminal.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
1. I offer to assist with someone's screaming kid.
2. I'm being interrogated by the airport police.

Ummmm... no thanks?

And I'm with those that suggest that parents with screaming children in the SC remove them until they get them calmed down? And yes, I raised 4 children and we traveled. And yes, I'm very understanding when parents have screaming children on an airplane because there's nowhere for them to go and that's an awful spot to be in... however, that does NOT apply to the SC where a parent can take them out to the terminal area and walk them around to comfort them and get them calmed down....
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by dzflyer
A place that wasnt meant to be quiet....In the terminal.
Thank you! We have a winner!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.