Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR

Decided to look back at the meltdown in the AAdvantage changes thread and spotted What's the stupidest, least substansive thing you can complain about and asked myself why don't we have that here.

Simply put, have a first world rant/whine-fest (pun not completely intended) and bring up matters that were completely meaningless for the fun of it.

My failed but well intended example: Why does DL have to have stupid brand names for their premium products like Delta One and Comfort+. I mean, how on earth am I supposed to know from that and nothing else what class of service I'm sitting in. Honestly, Delta One of all titles; yes I know it's short for Delta One business class, but no one has the time for that. Just save me ten seconds of my life and call it business class and call Comfort+ enhanced economy or economy plus. Simple, as the world intended. Do you really expect the average kettle going to know what the heck those things mean? It doesn't help when you have a splash screen asking if we're deciding between DL One & C+ either. Worse yet, they have to be stitched onto the back of the seat back -I mean seriously. I rest my case.

*Complaints structured in the form of a rant will get SkyKudos, which may or may not count towards an actual SkyPeso once Delta admits the existence of the secret Kryptonium medallion status.

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Jul 5, 2016 at 12:29 am Reason: Progressively making my post make slightly more sense. Slowly..
Old Jul 5, 2016, 2:59 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l-version.html

Closed Dec 6, 2011

Feel free to make a case to a mod to allow it to live on!

Scudsone likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:46 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Cold nuts.

(they should be warmed for F dispersal)
Milesaway76 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I hate it when the F snack basket seems like it was just flown in from Antarctica. Frozen chocolate is no good.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by EditingFX
Cold nuts.

(they should be warmed for F dispersal)
To continue that line of thought, cold bagels and rolls. I've gotten the impression that DL FAs are afraid to use the ovens.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:06 am

Flights more than 60% full. I missed those days when I can get a row of Y seats to myself even for international flights. Who needs C+
Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:27 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
When it's not in the time frame for lunch, yet they still stock lunch for the FA.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:55 am

In the NE when the GA adds an "R" to Delta.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
that there are several boarding groups ahead of "1".
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond
When flying Delta One, but the stitching on the headrest says "Delta Business Elite". How am I supposed to feel? Am I elite, or 'the one'?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
When the Skymiles magazine at my seat already has the sudoku puzzle finished or the page is torn out. Oh the humanity!
corbetti, JojaFlyer and mario02423 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: Leisure Traveler: Delta DM, Starwood PM50, Global Entry, NEXUS, CLEAR
Love flying in row 2 Domestic (usually A/B) but loathe the last-minute upgraded bulkhead goobers that set recline to maximum as soon as we're leaving the ground. Can count on it, always.
EarlVolFan and USCTrojan83 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:01 am

Bananas where the stem is trimmed all the way off such that you mutilate the banana trying to peel it.
Yes I know I can open it from the bottom by giving it a little squeeze, but just leave to stem intact to I can eat the banana like a civilized person.
AJNEDC likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
that there are several boarding groups ahead of "1".
I confess this is my slight peeve - especially to certain destinations -no names mentioned -where there are about 1 dozen wheelchairs, accompanied by about 4 persons per wheelchair, then kids and families - I might be in F but board about number 80

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Jul 5, 2016 at 8:56 am
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
When it comes to boarding, I'm not a fan of them calling F/J the "premium" zone. People with SP and even Amex cards think that includes them.

Simply announcing "now boarding first class and Diamond medallions" would do fine.
AJNEDC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.