Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by M2578Z
Even if it was logistically feasible to get a supply land-side, the ice wouldn't be security sterile.
Which of course begs the question, can I bring a frozen bottle of water through security??? (I'm sure this has been discussed in the TSS forum...lol)

But yes, file this under "stuff happens". I bet if they queried the cabin, no more than 10% of pax would prefer to wait for ice and be delayed. Heck, half the time my seatmate asks for a drink without ice anyway. And usually the beverages are at least somewhat chilled when they come from catering.

Also, they could just tell people to imagine they're traveling in Italy.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:28 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Which of course begs the question, can I bring a frozen bottle of water through security??? (I'm sure this has been discussed in the TSS forum...lol)
LMGTFY

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-...ring/items/ice

"Frozen liquid items are allowed through the checkpoint as long as they are frozen solid when presented for screening. If frozen liquid items are partially melted, slushy, or have any liquid at the bottom of the container, they must meet 3-1-1 liquids requirements."
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
This is such a non issue. I think, no I know, I could live without ice a on single flight.
fredc84 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Wow, sad to see someone else's life is tougher than mine. I have ice in my freezer.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Originally Posted by M2578Z
Even if it was logistically feasible to get a supply land-side, the ice wouldn't be security sterile.
TSA: "We're going to need you to open your bags. Yes, all of them."
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
This is a very first world problem. Other than white wine and beer, everything can be consumed without being on ice.

Yes, you can bring you own ice through as others noticed. I did this once in 2014 and the TSA agent shook my opaque water bottle to verify it was solid.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
People in much of Asia and the rest of the world drink their beverages warm or room temperature, and last I checked, they are not going extinct due to lack of ice.

The biggest issue is hydration, not the temperature of it. If they left without any water or water-based beverages except alcohol, then that would be an issue.
defrosted likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
This thread should be in the "What is the least substantial thing I can complain about". Delay the flight over ice!?! Contingency plan for ice??? Really??? While I like ice as much as anyone else, I don't think the flight should be delayed over it. And, as the poster above points out, most of the world does not require ice in their drinks.
defrosted likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by formeraa
This thread should be in the "What is the least substantial thing I can complain about". Delay the flight over ice!?! Contingency plan for ice??? Really??? While I like ice as much as anyone else, I don't think the flight should be delayed over it. And, as the poster above points out, most of the world does not require ice in their drinks.
my thoughts exactly.

Contingency plan for ice?! I can't even begin think what a reasonable plan could even be. Climate controlled warehouses stocked with ice just in case? All so your drink isn't tepid? Priorities people!

If Delta is going to invest additionally in redundancy of any kind I for one hope they spend it on operations or IT way before backup ice planning is even on their radar.
SJC ORD LDR likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Can I complain about the rough toliet paper? Sure would be nice if it was softer.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Collierkr
Can I complain about the rough toliet paper?
You can here.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Oooh I have what I think is a good one for this thread.

My wife HATES mint. But unfortunately for her the shampoo in the Skyclubs is an aromatherapy with peppermint, so she couldn't wash her hair when showering in the Skyclub. She learned her lesson and now some of her carry-on is taken up by a small 3-1-1 compliant set of shampoo and shower gel. She's hoping that if the amenity kits are going to Le Labo, the Skyclubs will follow suit. She really likes that Centurion lounges have L'Occitane.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:23 pm

So in a rare occurrence for me, was in C+ on a flight longer than 900 miles, so yay - snack basket!

The pathetic complaint is FA forgot (or she was new) so she started normal beverage service and was at my row before the other FA brought her the basket.

So I didn't get my snacks in advance, nor any additional snacks at beverage service.

Silver lining is I think I got the last Woodford, sorry aisle seat guy that I think also wanted Woodford.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by defrosted
my thoughts exactly.

Contingency plan for ice?! I can't even begin think what a reasonable plan could even be. Climate controlled warehouses stocked with ice just in case? All so your drink isn't tepid? Priorities people!

If Delta is going to invest additionally in redundancy of any kind I for one hope they spend it on operations or IT way before backup ice planning is even on their radar.
Wellll....I know for a fact that there are at least 4-6 chest type freezers through out the B concourse at CVG that are stocked full of ice just in case catering drops the ball.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by OHDL1
Wellll....I know for a fact that there are at least 4-6 chest type freezers through out the B concourse at CVG that are stocked full of ice just in case catering drops the ball.
Fair enough.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.