Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:44 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Hopefully realize this means the door isn't locked.
Oh wow, I didn't even think about that I thought I had locked it. Although fortunately I had been waiting in a line with other people anticipating descent so they knew it was occupied anyway.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Similar email gripe:
When I book tickets for myself and companion(s), all of the confirmation/receipt emails come to me as separate emails. If you're sending them all to the same place, why not just condense all pax into a single email for the PNR? Or if you're insistent on splitting the emails, maybe send the confirmations to the appropriate pax's emails if you have them? I don't think I've ever booked for a companion who didn't have their own SkyMiles account and email on file.

At the very least, if sending me the email is critical because I'm the payment source - why not also send a confirmation to the person travelling as well? As it stands now, I have to spend an entire 5 seconds of my life each time forwarding the confirmations on to Mrs. Lee, mom/dad, our live-in butler, etc.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:12 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Not Delta but it still seems pathetic. BA wouldn't give someone water in a bottle, just in a cup.
FlyerTalk article
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
DL 763 (ATL-SEA) last night operated with a 753
(yes I realized that when booking, but it still amuses me ... and I'm taking the same flight next month with Mrs767 and our son, both of whom will in all likelihood be totally oblivious to it)

the REAL rant is that we landed ~20 min early and blocked in ~17 min late because the gate (A3) was occupied ... as we were taxiing in I saw an AS jet at one of the B gates (9?), and also noticed WN and AA jets parked at S7 and S8

Last edited by jrl767; Jun 28, 2019 at 10:28 am
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by puddinhead
Not Delta but it still seems pathetic. BA wouldn't give someone water in a bottle, just in a cup.
FlyerTalk article
Couple of years ago I was boarding a Delta flight on a 752 with a pounding headache. As a DM I was probably in the first 10 to board, but I hadn't gotten an upgrade so I was seated in 19D (C+ aisle seat opposite the boarding door, one row behind the exit row).

As I stepped onto the plane, the FA asked my how I was doing. I replied that I had a terrible headache. I asked if I could please have some water in order to take some aspirin. She said "Sure!" and headed up to the front galley. I figured she would grab one of the mini water bottles, since that would be fast and easy, but she brought me a plastic cup instead.

Apparently those minis are a First Class only perk!

As a side note, I usually stick the bottles in my backpack if I don't drink them on the plane, and have gotten some sideways looks from FAs if I drink them on a later connection when I am not in First.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 2:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
As a side note, I usually stick the bottles in my backpack if I don't drink them on the plane, and have gotten some sideways looks from FAs if I drink them on a later connection when I am not in First.
I do this too, which was extremely embarrassing the time I forgot one until my next trip through security and my bag got pulled
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Zorak
I do this too, which was extremely embarrassing the time I forgot one until my next trip through security and my bag got pulled
Been there done that. Couldn't believe I didn't check my bag before my next trip. Felt so stupid..
Seabilly and synergistic like this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Been there done that. Couldn't believe I didn't check my bag before my next trip. Felt so stupid..
I've managed to do that with a hammer. Had to check my backpack both ways.

Also fun when the agent asks how your small bag is so heavy - 'What have you got in here, rocks?'

​​​​​'...yeah...'
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by synergistic
I've managed to do that with a hammer. Had to check my backpack both ways.

Also fun when the agent asks how your small bag is so heavy - 'What have you got in here, rocks?'

​​​​​'...yeah...'
Actually flew back with a rock from Switzerland once. A local artist had added some metal parts and made it into a small bookshelf sculpture, but the bulk was still a rock.

TSA agent after customs ended up searching us and dug it out. He poked at it for a couple seconds, said "nice rock", and then sent us on our way.
synergistic, defrosted and scog like this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
[Forgot water bottle in bag.]

Originally Posted by Zorak
I do that a lot. They find them about half the time.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:09 am

Delta FLL Flights 7/2 without ice catered

Yesterday afternoon, with temperatures in the 90's the 3PM flight from FLL to ATL didn't receive ice. #1 FA called for ice, and even sent someone over to the NYC bound flight leaving 30 minutes later to get their ice: none.

#1 FA discussed it with captain and stated to the captain: "it's your choice to delay or not."

Announcement was made that they did not want to delay flight and potentially have pax mis-connect, so there would be beverage service, albeit warm. As a gesture, pax were provided with comp headsets in main cabin.

This was blamed on a water main break the day before and ice machines that just couldn't keep up.

Given the heat in South Florida and Atlanta, it seems someone would have a contingency plan.

Thankfully there was enough ice from the incoming flight to provide iced beverages in FC; we just tried not to make it rattle too loudly in our glasses.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:39 am

While I agree it wouldn't be fun to not have ice on a hot day, i don't know what type of contingency plan you're expecting Delta to have when there is a water main break and they probably lost the overnight to get ice build up for the day. It's not exactly practical to send someone to the gas station to get a few bags.
BenA, MSPeconomist, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by kop84
While I agree it wouldn't be fun to not have ice on a hot day, i don't know what type of contingency plan you're expecting Delta to have when there is a water main break and they probably lost the overnight to get ice build up for the day. It's not exactly practical to send someone to the gas station to get a few bags.
Yeah, I tend to agree. Sucks that the flight didn't get catered properly, but crap happens. It sounds like Delta acknowledged the issue and made a decision not to cause travel disruption over having the flight perfectly catered. I agree with that decision 100% of the time.

If this was a recurring issue then I would complain, but it definitely seems like a one-off.

I have my gripes with Delta, but if this is the worst complaint someone has about Delta's service.. they're not doing too badly.
moondog and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by kop84
Even if it was logistically feasible to get a supply land-side, the ice wouldn't be security sterile.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Is it safe to assume the caterer has the machines that bags their own ice at MCO?
I was always under the assumption the ice was delivered like it was back in the day when I was a grocery store manager (like Reddi Ice).

I am the typical American ice monger but not a big deal at the end of the day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.