Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 8:14 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
So they show the full monty, but can't hear the term for what they're doing. Figures.
Don't they also tend to show pan-n-scan versions rather than the original letterboxed versions?
Old May 31, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: DL, AA
Talking

Originally Posted by AquaDyne
Can't believe how DL can't get their equipment right. I sit down in my F seat and they offer a PDB, and I request wine.

And they say they can't serve it because they don't have a corkscrew to open the bottle with.

The FA even goes to the plane at the gate next door and they don't have a corkscrew either!

Does DL not understand the importance of corkscrews?! smh

I thought DL served wine from a box
Old May 31, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: Delta DM / 4MM; HHonors Diamond
Oh how ill prepared your Flight Attendant was !!! All of the good ones bring their own corkscrew ... and we should expect nothing less !!!
ACCDraw likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Why does delta fly JFK-BWI instead of LGA-BWI.

I'm guessing it's because they feed pax from BWI into international connections but having to haul out to JFK for a 45 minute flight pisses me off.
Old May 31, 2019, 1:35 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity

I'm guessing it's because they feed pax from BWI into international connections but having to haul out to JFK for a 45 minute flight pisses me off.
and on a CRJ too.
Old May 31, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity

they're just giving you a choice of which metro area you want to spend more time schlepping across ... total travel time (ground schlep at origin, plus airport routine, plus flight, plus ground schlep at destination) probably isn't substantially different

Originally Posted by Zorak
and on a CRJ too.
but this in itself is a good reason to avoid JFK-BWI
Old May 31, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
they're just giving you a choice of which metro area you want to spend more time schlepping across ... total travel time (ground schlep at origin, plus airport routine, plus flight, plus ground schlep at destination) probably isn't substantially differet
Not sure I understand this. BWI is BWI no matter where you fly from. LGA is more convenient to a lot of NYC than JFK is. Of course I could just take the Acela and be dropped right in downtown Baltimore but then I have to smell Penn Station and I don't get any MQMs.

And yea the CRJ is abysmal but the few times I've taken this route the planes been half full and I get an empty seat next to me. For only 45 minutes in the air it's not the worst.
Old May 31, 2019, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
no argument about LGA vs JFK in terms of geography, and not trying to make a point one way or the other (this IS the Hall of Rants thread, after all)

LGA-DCA has about the same flight time, a lot more frequencies, and still gets your 500 MQMs or 750 for F ... from DCA, metro/MARC to BWI is maybe an hour, to downtown Baltimore is maybe another 15 min; by rental car or Uber is really time-of-day-dependent
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:14 am

Here's another one:

My wife and I are flying to Europe today, DL metal to CDG then AF to the destination (separate PNRs)
During OLCI I get assigned a window seat and she an aisle even though our preferred setting in our profiles is the opposite. There also seems to be no way to change the seat via the Delta website/app or Air France website/app. Obviously we can just sit in each others' seats, but I thought you could choose a seat within T-24 on AF.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:50 am

Here's my gripe: Whenever travelling on AF/KL codeshares on Delta metal, AF/KL tell me it's time to check in at T-30, but I need to wait another 6 hours until I can actually check-in.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by blagger
Here's my gripe: Whenever travelling on AF/KL codeshares on Delta metal, AF/KL tell me it's time to check in at T-30, but I need to wait another 6 hours until I can actually check-in.
Last time I looked there was an * that stated flights to the US couldn't checkin till T-24.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
[QUOTE=blagger;31166227]Here's my gripe: Whenever travelling on AF/KL codeshares on Delta metal, AF/KL tell me it's time to check in at T-30, but I need to wait another 6 hours until I can actually check-in.[/QUOTE
Does the time zone matter?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Last time I looked there was an * that stated flights to the US couldn't checkin till T-24.
Maybe they could change the wording: "It's not time to check in, but we are informing you it is time to check in because if you were going somewhere else it would be."
synergistic likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:51 pm

I have a set of flights I am watching prices on. I went onto DL.com to check the prices this morning and my reaction was "holy …. these flights got expensive overnight!" Then I realized DL decided to reorder how the fare classes were presented. Instead of BE, Main, C+, F, now they show F, C+ Main, BE. Message to DL: stop messing with the dang website
AeRoSpaceman and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:31 am

Here's one that might be a legitimate gripe.

On an A330 this week, sitting on the right side of the plane in comfort plus. A passenger in row 20-something (forward of the lavs) has a minor medical emergency and people are in the aisle helping, blocking access to the rear/middle lavs. .... happens, right? The problem is that the cabin crew would not allow those of us sitting forward of the emergency access to the galley between Delta One & Comfort Plus to either cross over to the other economy aisle or use the D1 lav. Basically we were completely prohibited from using the lav for ~30 minutes because they wouldn't move the carts being used to prep D1 meal service.

Is this worth submitting an official complaint?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.