Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by cirrusdragoon
when other passengers in business take more than one snack from the snack basket before the remaining passengers in the cabin even have a chance to take one.
Well, after the banana I need something salty so I take chips, too. And I can’t dunk chips in my coffee, can I? So, I take the cookies, too.
dmarge18 and cirrusdragoon like this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cirrusdragoon
when other passengers in business take more than one snack from the snack basket before the remaining passengers in the cabin even have a chance to take one.
Wow. That’s me. I thought in another long thread the consensus was two things the first time the basket comes through. Sorry
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by puck021

Wow. That’s me. I thought in another long thread the consensus was two things the first time the basket comes through. Sorry
It is perfectly acceptable for you to grab two items the first time through. Usually when I only grab one item the FA pauses and checks to make sure I only want the one snack. They're usually more than happy to unload that basket on you and restock it as necessary.
puck021 and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:58 am

Don't be sorry! It is perfectly acceptable to take two items. It is courteous to wait to take seconds on the best items (brownie brittle, michel et Augustin, etc) until the second pass...and then all is fair game to chow down on
puck021 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle

To be fair, I've never NOT seen them stop service to go refill if an item gets low/runs out.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
How is it possible for some people to make getting on a plane look so hard? Is walking down an aisle and finding your assigned seat that hard?
Also, who complains about the safety video, it’s not going to win any oscars but that’s not the point, it is there to convey important safety info. My seatmate yesterday was moaning about how terrible it was.
puck021 and strickerj like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Some may say this is a valid complaint, but because it turned out positively I will call it pathetic.

On standby, was 3rd for 3 available, then the app showed me confirmed in 19E. Which I assumed was a middle seat. Clicked on the seat map in the map. It showed a 3+3 configuration and me in a middle seat. Oh well I wanted to get home early so it is what it is, but I hate middle seats.

You can see in the image the 717 is selected for 2182 but it is not the correct seat map.

But then I arrived at the gate to see a 717! App must have displayed the seat map for my original flight, but with my standby flight seat assignment. Weird but happy ending since 19E is an exit window!
Old May 11, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM
I have come to accept as pathetic my concern about receiving marketing email "When Life Happens, We’re Here To Help" despite previously indicating that I prefer to receive no marketing email from Delta. The message includes a link to "update email preferences", but given my existing preferences there is nothing to update...
Old May 26, 2019, 10:01 am

IFE. I am winning the lotto in a bad way I guess lately and I might be the only one who would be happy if they pulled all the IFEs off of all Delta’s planes. It seems over half my flights the person behind me just bangs away on the touch screen the entire flight. If I ever meet the exec that thought putting a touch screen game system right behind the head of the passenger ahead of you was a good idea I would chase them with a stick. All F cabin. Might consider moving to last row pending aircraft.

The only thing I do with the IFE system is my flight to see how much longer the flight is. Two or three light touches and I am good for hours. At least lax - syd I will not have the issue but will need two ipads probably.

I can’t stand watching edited movies. i want it the way it was released or not at all. I load up my ipad from amazon and netflix.
ACCDraw and strickerj like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 2:35 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
I want to know why Delta doesn't serve "meals" from ATL to the West Coast but they do to and from other destinations. The difference in mileage is not that great.
Old May 26, 2019, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by jackvogt
I want to know why Delta doesn't serve "meals" from ATL to the West Coast but they do to and from other destinations. The difference in mileage is not that great.
Because they don't. There is no functional reason. It's not based on mileage, it's not based on customer comfort - it's based on whether Delta can gain a competitive edge in a market, or at least maintain parity with the competition.

If Delta figured that they needed to offer meals out of Atlanta to west coast destinations in order to attract customers, you can be they would do it in a hot minute. But then again, they probably also wouldn't be able to continue to gouge their hub-captive customers at that point, either.
Old May 26, 2019, 7:41 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Because they don't. There is no functional reason. It's not based on mileage, it's not based on customer comfort - it's based on whether Delta can gain a competitive edge in a market, or at least maintain parity with the competition.

If Delta figured that they needed to offer meals out of Atlanta to west coast destinations in order to attract customers, you can be they would do it in a hot minute. But then again, they probably also wouldn't be able to continue to gouge their hub-captive customers at that point, either.
Yep, that's the way it seems to be. Delta is a blessing and a curse to me...at least I get my 20% back on inflight purchases using my AMEX.
Old May 27, 2019, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jon_R
IFE. I am winning the lotto in a bad way I guess lately and I might be the only one who would be happy if they pulled all the IFEs off of all Delta’s planes. It seems over half my flights the person behind me just bangs away on the touch screen the entire flight. If I ever meet the exec that thought putting a touch screen game system right behind the head of the passenger ahead of you was a good idea I would chase them with a stick. All F cabin. Might consider moving to last row pending aircraft.

The only thing I do with the IFE system is my flight to see how much longer the flight is. Two or three light touches and I am good for hours. At least lax - syd I will not have the issue but will need two ipads probably.

I can’t stand watching edited movies. i want it the way it was released or not at all. I load up my ipad from amazon and netflix.
AFAIK DL doesn't edit the movies/shows they load. I know I've seen plenty of sex scenes and both women and men's private areas on both DL and AA. I was quite shocked in fact when I saw a show that had full frontal, full genital sex scenes being shown.

PS I don't object. Just was shocked as being US carrier I'd expect the silly US prudishness.

Last edited by flyerCO; May 27, 2019 at 6:21 am
Old May 27, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
AFAIK DL doesn't edit the movies/shows they load. I know I've seen plenty of sex scenes and both women and men's private areas on both DL and AA. I was quite shocked in fact when I saw a show that had full frontal, full genital sex scenes being shown.
They remove all the swear words which can result in very silly scripts.
Old May 27, 2019, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
They remove all the swear words which can result in very silly scripts.
So they show the full monty, but can't hear the term for what they're doing. Figures.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.