Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by WWads

Powdered eggs are insulting. If you have to cheap out go with the liquid mix. It's at least half-edible.
Well, I don't know if they were powered or the liquid, but they had that weird rubbery taste and looked like little blocks of opaque yellow jello. Certainly not real. At least the SEA ones tasted real.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Ambassador
No Subtitles

I'd like to complain that there is no ability to turn on live TV subtitles on DL's IFE. Pathetic.
griffy208 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:28 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by sky_priority
Pathetic.
Annnnnnd . . . totally RANDOM!!!

Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sky_priority
I'd like to complain that there is no ability to turn on live TV subtitles on DL's IFE. Pathetic.
.....and the selection of movies with closed captioning is very limited.
sky_priority likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I find IFE to be completely unusable without surround sound.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
No earphones available on a flight without IFE but as wifi and their entertainment is available on your own device, they should have had some available.....
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
I should be able to Bluetooth to the IFE so I can use my own noise-cancelling headphones and not have to dig around my bag for the audio cable. I could even continue to listen to the game on Live TV on my trip the lavatory if it close enough to my seat.

I mean everyone is making a big deal of the camera module that is supposedly disabled in these newer screens, so they must have a Bluetooth module in there as well.
MSPeconomist and KenTarmac like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
I should be able to Bluetooth to the IFE so I can use my own noise-cancelling headphones and not have to dig around my bag for the audio cable. I could even continue to listen to the game on Live TV on my trip the lavatory if it close enough to my seat.

I mean everyone is making a big deal of the camera module that is supposedly disabled in these newer screens, so they must have a Bluetooth module in there as well.
I'm sure someone here is capable of programing a USB drive to reactivate a dormant bluetooth radio.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:46 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
One for the books...

I am a 5'5" 105 lb woman. Had a 40ish, 6' +, 300 lb +/- man seated in the window seat next to me. He had showed no mobility issues as he came on to the plane and placed both his oversized roller and backpack in the overhead bin. No issues when he got up to use the lav. We are disembarking the plane. I get up, get my bag and step back to block traffic for him to exit. He actually asks me to get his bags down. I laughed, thinking he was trying to be funny. He was actually serious, and less than amused when I told him my theory (which applies to myself and everyone else)--if you can't tote it and store it, don't bring it on board . Still smh.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:59 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

No upgrade with miles for Delta One Suites

Hi,
Flying a flight from AMS-DTW on the plane with the Delta One suites and to my surprised, when trying to upgrade today with miles from Premium Select to Delta One at the KLM lounge, I was informed that since recently, it is only upgradable with a Global Cert.
I find this totally ridiculous... why did they change the policy. It seems even no upsell with money (you have to when you purchase your ticket purchase it outright).

Terrible in my books.

Cheers!
KenTarmac likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
I'm pretty sure delayed medallion kits is a contender for all-time most pathetic thing to complain about.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm disappointed that the "2" on my red MM brag tags isn't bigger and at least painted to glow in the dark if not diamond chip encrusted.
rogo, AeRoSpaceman, Gig103 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm disappointed that the "2" on my red MM brag tags isn't bigger and at least painted to glow in the dark if not diamond chip encrusted.
If it makes you feel any better, to those of us without brag tags, any brag tags basically flash in bright colors and play the sounds of angels singing and trumpets blaring, regardless of the "2" being there.
MSPeconomist and strickerj like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You think that's bad, I haven't even gotten an FO brag tag yet, let alone one that shows my 0.053 MM status!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
The restaurant across from C55 at CMH does not serve french fries.
WillBarrett_68 and scog like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.