Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Gig103
I got upgraded as a silver medallion for a flight tomorrow, but they decided to default me to the bulkhead when I like to stretch my feet out. Thankfully the app let me change to 3A
I'm also not a bulkhead fan.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:09 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mumaluke
OK.... why does Delta offer 72hr complimentary GM upgrades if they don't upgrade you 72hrs in advance? I am within the 72hr window, 6 FC seats open, and no upgrade. So I called and asked, they tell me they are waiting to see if they sell more FC seats first. I know.... first world problems. LOL
One reason is that, there might be Diamonds or Platinums ahead of you that haven't been upgraded yet. NOT every single seat that's for sale is available for a complimentary upgrade. They hold back a few hoping to sell some in the last hours, or, in case a paid first class customer misconnects.

This is probably one of the top 3 issues that are brought up here frequently.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by davetravels
One reason is that, there might be Diamonds or Platinums ahead of you that haven't been upgraded yet. NOT every single seat that's for sale is available for a complimentary upgrade. They hold back a few hoping to sell some in the last hours, or, in case a paid first class customer misconnects.

This is probably one of the top 3 issues that are brought up here frequently.
yup. you could clear at the window. I recently cleared for 2 flights at the window (although it's becoming increasingly rare)
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: Delta 360/DM, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Avis PP
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but in Delta One, on the Airbus 350 in the suites, if you don't have a window seat, you don't have an air vent. The middle section has no air vents that you can turn off and on during the flight.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by woffoja
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but in Delta One, on the Airbus 350 in the suites, if you don't have a window seat, you don't have an air vent. The middle section has no air vents that you can turn off and on during the flight.
This is NOT a random, trivial, pathetic thing. This really does suck for an expensive, long flight.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EditingFX
This is NOT a random, trivial, pathetic thing. This really does suck for an expensive, long flight.
Agreed. No air vent on a cheap, short flight would not be pleasant, nevermind a suite on an international flight.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:44 pm

Of course, DL Marketing Dep't using the term "suite" IS a pathetic thing for that... seat with a half-door.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:07 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Of course, DL Marketing Dep't using the term "suite" IS a pathetic thing for that... seat with a half-door.
So . . . . maybe they should call it "Semi-Suite"?!?

TetonSig, strickerj, Zorak and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:27 pm

That same marketing firm calls this an "Estate Home".

emrdoc and strickerj like this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:15 pm

I think on a plane, it is a fair characterization. Real estate is at a premium, and the word suite describes its privacy.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MarkP24
I think on a plane, it is a fair characterization. Real estate is at a premium, and the word suite describes its privacy.
Privacy on a DL A350 suite? Surely you jest. There's nothing private about the DL "suite."
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Bin space in D1 suites on the A350 also isn't good.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Bin space in D1 suites on the A350 also isn't good.
When I was domestic D1 (757) the bins were full with bedding, but FA's were happy to move some for me. Still a random and pathetic thing to complain about
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
I wish BOS SC had the same breakfast spread as SEA. The powdered eggs were pretty bad this morning....even dressed up with salsa and bacon. Tho a bit of cheddar cheese would have helped the equation.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by navi_jen
I wish BOS SC had the same breakfast spread as SEA. The powdered eggs were pretty bad this morning....even dressed up with salsa and bacon. Tho a bit of cheddar cheese would have helped the equation.
Powdered eggs are insulting. If you have to cheap out go with the liquid mix. It's at least half-edible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.