Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Still not filling out the survey for my VPS-ATL flight. Still 44 minutes of air time in which not much happened in the plane cabin followed by 20+ minutes of 'find the gate' upon arrival. The reason no one returns surveys for that route is that it's usually utter boredom. (Okay, this time the fighter jets pilots were apparently trying to get their hours in before the New Year so civilian air at VPS had to work around their operations and we departed westward from the big runway rather than eastward like usual. Such is what passes for excitement at joint use facilities)

Do you really need to put up the 'All Runways Lead to Atlanta' banners up in ATL? Because the people in the Atlanta airport darn well know that because they're already there to see that all.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, Delta Skymiles
Sky Club in ATL is still playing Christmas carols on January 4th
MSPeconomist and strickerj like this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by normalone
The Armenian Apostolic Church celebrates Christmas on January 6th.

They’re doing it for Armenia.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Isn't Russian Christmas also in January? Some people use that date as a guideline for when to remove a Christmas tree and decorations.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
The “I’m Ready” button on the espresso machines in the SkyClub. I’ve already hit several buttons to get to that point. And I stupidly sit there waiting for my drink to be made time after time.

Last edited by bergamini; Jan 5, 2019 at 2:56 pm
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:45 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
there are probably a bunch of dummies who don't put their cup under the machine until it tells them to.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: Delta GM
The passenger in the aisle seat who was too busy talking to a friend in the row behind us during deplaning so that we missed our "turn" and had to wait for a break in the line to get out.
AquaDyne and strickerj like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Landing at ATL early only to sit for 10-20 minutes because the gate is still occupied.
AquaDyne likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by DCP2016
Landing at ATL early only to sit for 10-20 minutes because the gate is still occupied.
Two of my last three flights to SFO we waited over an hour before getting to the gate. At one, there was an unoccupied gate but for whatever reason Delta chose not to use it.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:51 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by sethb
Two of my last three flights to SFO we waited over an hour before getting to the gate. At one, there was an unoccupied gate but for whatever reason Delta chose not to use it.
I was once on a DL flight to SFO that arrived at the WN gates in T1B for some reason.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:55 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by sethb
Many gates are only configured for certain aircraft types. Usually this is due to spacing issues with other gates.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:41 am
HMO

Originally Posted by normalone
Yesterday (Jan 6th) was the expected day to remove Christmas decorations.

This is the supposed day the Three Kings had arrived at Bethlehem to visit the infant Jesus.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So January 6th should be the day we open the gifts under the tree? And then remove the tree on the same day?

What about the trees from different countries in ATL F? Are they being removed on the date that would be appropriate for the culture they represent?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:26 am
HMO

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So January 6th should be the day we open the gifts under the tree? And then remove the tree on the same day?

What about the trees from different countries in ATL F? Are they being removed on the date that would be appropriate for the culture they represent?
Regarding ATL F I cannot say anything, but at my family, we open the gifts on Christmas Eve, and remove the tree and decorations January 6th
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:38 pm

Well I had to leave home right after Christmas and will not be back until January 19th so I guess I will take my tree down on 1/19

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.