Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by gooselee
That sounds like a FT challenge if I ever heard one.
challenge accepted!

since we are ranting on the thread of petty rants...you know what else? when I get into that TSA line....and i get up to the big metal table where people start organizing themselves....

a) you are too late, you should have been organizing yourself before you got to this table.

b) why are all these pre-check people asking questions and acting like it's their first time in an airport?

c) if you lag and dawdle and move at a snail's pace....and a giant empty section of the line opens up in front of you because you are paused while you open your suitcase and rearrange your whole life....I am GOING to just move myself in front of you. and i'm not cutting in front of you - you weren't ready to go ANYWAY.

99% of the time, these inefficient, slow, clueless people get offended that I moved in front of them, like we all owe it to them to sit around and wait. No. And sometimes, when I myself need a moment to pull my life together, I am quick to SUGGEST that others move in front of me. It's not rude that I jumped in front of you. It's rude that you didn't SUGGEST to me to do it before I did it anyway.

/rant
MSPeconomist, gooselee and fsuj25 like this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by marcworld
b) why are all these pre-check people asking questions and acting like it's their first time in an airport?
Lack of consistency. The last time I flew I got pre-check, and the TSA agent in the dedicated pre-check line, in a voice somewhere between telling and yelling, instructed the two people in front of me to remove their shoes. Learning from observation, not wanting to get yelled at and trying to be efficient, I took my shoes off too. Guess what! I got yelled at for taking my shoes off.

Another recent example, I was travelling with quite a bit of fresh produce and so I removed it. TSA agent told me to put it back in because I don't need to remove food at that airport. Wouldn't you know that my bag got pulled out for secondary inspection to look at, you guessed it, the produce
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Let's face it, generally speaking, TSA is a low-level .GOV job. That's not to say they're all the dregs of the low-wage employment market, but an inordinate percentage are low-skilled and lack any form of motivation (as with most .GOV jobs).

IME, JFK and LAX are the worst of the worst. It seems like they'll hire anything with a pulse.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
[QUOTE=marcworld;30326370]since we are ranting on the thread of petty rants...you know what else? when I get into that TSA line....and i get up to the big metal table where people start organizing themselves....

a) you are too late, you should have been organizing yourself before you got to this table.

/QUOTE]
I think that these are the same people who seem surprised that they need to pay when they check out at the grocery store and start digging for payment after the cashier reminds them they need to pay.
MSPeconomist and strickerj like this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by marcworld
I am GOING to just move myself in front of you. and i'm not cutting in front of you - you weren't ready to go ANYWAY.
What happens when my 6'8" 270 pound body tells you to get back to your spot and don't cut in front of me? Ready to rumble? Just joking but be careful with that attitude(I'm not 6'8" or 270). There are some folks out their who wouldn't mind going to jail for getting cut in line. As the airlines say "Anything to prevent confrontation".....
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
What happens when my 6'8" 270 pound body tells you to get back to your spot and don't cut in front of me? Ready to rumble? Just joking but be careful with that attitude(I'm not 6'8" or 270). There are some folks out their who wouldn't mind going to jail for getting cut in line. As the airlines say "Anything to prevent confrontation".....
Generally by the time the people I'm jumping in front of realize they've being bypassed, I'm already on the other side of the WTMD so it's not an issue.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheHorta
I’m not sure how random or pathetic this seemingly unending train of recent issues is, but Delta are really dropping the ball lately. Typically, I easily overlook things as “stuff happens,” but just how frequent does “stuff” need to be before it becomes a pattern of frustration-inducing events?

I haven’t pressed any of these matters, and I’ve received no voluntary compensation for anything.

3) SNA > BHM, Tumi roller bag lost, eventually found, $200 bottle of perfume for my wife is broken, after carefully wrapping it in clothes and put in the middle of the bag. Somehow it unwrapped itself and traveled to the side of the case, because there was no TSA notice inside the bag.

6) The unending train of $200 change fees I accumulate due to the nature of my business. As a DM who will spend >$70K between myself and my wife in 2018 with DL, how is it that I can’t catch a break on these ridiculous fees? To make matters worse, the >$2,000 in fees I’ll pay this year don’t count toward MQDs, not that I need them, or SMs, and it’s tax-free revenue for DL to boot!

8) SC insanity!
3)Just because there's no note doesn't mean TSA didn't open it.
6)How is it tax-free revenue? It's still revenue, and AFAIK there's no exception.
8)Thus should hopefully get better on Jan 1. You'll be required to be flying DL or a partner to enter.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:18 pm

Right now, DL1075 ATL>HSV — this is literally THE most morbidly obese flight I’ve ever seen. Nearly every last pax is the equivalent of 2-3 normal humans.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m no lightweight, but damn, I’m feeling trim! If you hear of a Delta MD-88 going down on this puddle jump, you’ll know why.

We’re transporting cattle here.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Right now, DL1075 ATL>HSV — this is literally THE most morbidly obese flight I’ve ever seen. Nearly every last pax is the equivalent of 2-3 normal humans.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m no lightweight, but damn, I’m feeling trim! If you hear of a Delta MD-88 going down on this puddle jump, you’ll know why.

We’re transporting cattle here.
What the h e double hockey sticks! Now we're body shaming in the DL forum. Did you get stuck between two POS, who encrorced on your space?Otherwise, sorry but this has zero to do with DL, and just comes across in a bad way. (Even though I doubt that was the intention)
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
What the h e double hockey sticks! Now we're body shaming in the DL forum. Did you get stuck between two POS, who encrorced on your space?Otherwise, sorry but this has zero to do with DL, and just comes across in a bad way. (Even though I doubt that was the intention)
We’ll... this is the “most random, pathetic thing I can complain about.”

And... some of us can benefit from some body shaming — myself included.

This is a VERY unhealthy plane load of people.

ETA: Of course, I’m not intentionally trying to hurt any feelings. We fellow fatties need to stick together.
AANYC1981 likes this.

Last edited by TheHorta; Oct 27, 2018 at 9:21 pm
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
My DL.com profile updated yesterday to show I now have DM status. But I don't really like the background color behind my name/miles thingy on the home page. Much preferred the black PM background...
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

My DL.com profile updated yesterday to show I now have DM status. But I don't really like the background color behind my name/miles thingy on the home page. Much preferred the black PM background...
IMO Looks like the screen "ran out of ink."
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
The men’s restroom in the MSP F/G SkyClub has the lovely Malin & Goetz products but then when you’re rinsing off the automatic sensor spits out cheap, nasty, commercial soap all over my hands. Why have both? It gets me every time and I can’t seem to rinse off without getting it on me.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I wish I had that problem! Just a Platinum....
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:20 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

SLC - a PITA station

Hi,

Just flew the weekend out of SLC internationally. Don't really fly much into/out of SLC so not sure if it is normal or not of my experience as I don't have any problems at any other stations when flying DL in my last couple of years.
I was checking in early in the morning for my flight at the SkyPriority area and this time I was using my Flying Blue card which I am Platinum with (though I do also have DL status). Anyway, my checked bag was 55lbs, 5 lbs overweight. I was instructed to remove items from my check in bag as they are ok to accept if it was 1-2 lbs above. Did not even get to ask if they were sure if this is also for Medallion members as I was informed that
- even as a Medallion , including Diamond, no exceptions are made (so sounds like this is a common PITA at this station)
- these are rules set up by the union (for me if this are rules set up by the union, why is it that if I paid 100USD for the overweigh, they are allowed to than haul my bag into the aircraft? Their health does not matter anymore?)

Was really fuming at this time as 5lbs is approx 2 kg over which I've never had any problems at any other DL hubs nor with any other airlines especially if you have status (not trying to be a DYKWIA).

While I was re-packing at the corner away from the check-in desk, a red coat agent walked by back to her office and I even questioned this, but was rudely informed yes, this is their policy, and yes, they have to make the cut-off at some point..and she walked away.

Am just wondering if this is common at SLC or just my luck that day... Am thinking to complain to DL customer service on this, but not sure if I should waste my time....

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.