Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I've seen emotional support dogs on planes try to bite flight attendants while children tend to limit the chomping to family members.
I watched a young boy — couldn’t have been more than 4-5 years old — run around a neighboring ATL A gate screaming and nut-punching random dudes while they stood around the gate area glued to their phones.

He was quite skilled, and ruthless. I can only imaging what he’ll become over the next two decades.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by stc
Most dogs I have seen on planes are better behaved than most children. I'll take a dog any day over a child.
I don’t understand why the typical response to complaints about pets on airplanes is that kids can misbehave too. One can expect both children and pets to be under control by their respective handlers; it’s not like these are mutually exclusive. The issue here is that there’s no recourse when a pet brought on as an “emotional support animal” causes a disruption.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:37 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by strickerj

I don’t understand why the typical response to complaints about pets on airplanes is that kids can misbehave too. One can expect both children and pets to be under control by their respective handlers; it’s not like these are mutually exclusive. The issue here is that there’s no recourse when a pet brought on as an “emotional support animal” causes a disruption.
Well, we are in the Hall of Rants thread and rant (does not equal) rationality.

And I'm not sure there is a good recourse when a child causes a disruption. Like when they are screaming the entire flight or most of it.

YMMV, but of all my flights, I have had more annoyances from kids next to, in front of, or behind me, than from pets. Even on a "per capita" basis.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:10 am

Note my complaint wasn’t about the pet but the pet owner. When you get right down to it pets and children are similar in that good parents be it human or pet parents determine how annoying the child or pet is. I would guess that the person who allows their child to kick the seat in front of them would also allow their dog to run around. It is really unfair to blame the pet or the child when it is really the parent that knows better not the dog and not the child.
strickerj likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tennessetom
.....I would guess that the person who allows their child to kick the seat in front of them would also allow their dog to run around.....
Exactly.

I would also guess the same person, regardless of child or dog, is the subject of many a posts in this thread. Some people just don't know how to behave in public. Seems logical they would pass that behavior to their children and pets.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.
I'm not sure if this qualifies for this thread, but I can't find a better place for it. Twice in the last month, including once today, the FA has responded to a passenger's complaint about not being able to get on GoGo WiFi by saying, "oh, I'll just reset the system then." In both cases neither FA bothered to check with other passengers to see if the GoGo WiFi was working for them. The FAs have just gone ahead and rebooted it. Of course, in doing so it kicks off everyone who is already connected to the WiFi.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:39 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
yeah that's not a trivial or pathetic thing to complain about, considering it takes the system approximately 14 hours to reboot.
MEABFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
ATL South Pre Check

Claiming this as DL since everybody using south pre check is most likely flying DL.

How hard is it for people to pick up their bin when you get your bags? It usually is pretty bad but today there were 14 so literally it was backed up to where they decide if your bag goes for a second search or not on the machine.

Are people oblivious or just really rude and self centered?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:14 am
Suspended

Oh and yes rant over
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:18 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:25 am
Suspended

fair enough

but unlike people who complain about people boarding in SKY instead of Zone 1 or taking over head space above your seat, my rant shows how special people think they are and self centered. Worst part was one of the people who left their bins was a pilot (they were carrying their uniform in a laundry plastic bag from the dry cleaner)
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Those bins are possibly my least favorite thing about entering ATL. They've slowed things down and caused way too much confusion. Talk about fixing a problem that wasn't there to begin with.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, MAR gold
Originally Posted by gooselee
Those bins are possibly my least favorite thing about entering ATL. They've slowed things down and caused way too much confusion. Talk about fixing a problem that wasn't there to begin with.
Agree 100%. Not only do the bins slow down the screening as they take up more space on the belt, but since the entry to the belt is not effectively staggered, there is a continuous game of either wait and wait and watch all the upstream bins swim by or jam your bin in and look totally inconsiderate.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:58 am

The PREM, SKY, ZONE 1, ZONE 2 boarding designations.

I would prefer the first boarding zone be ZONE 1, the second ZONE 2, etc.

FFs understand this, but occasional flyers do not.

At the very least, go to PREM, SKY, ZONE 3, ZONE 4, etc.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:28 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by meh130
At the very least, go to PREM, SKY, ZONE 3, ZONE 4, etc.
I don't think Amex would think, advertising "Zone 3 boarding" with their credit card sounds like very good perk.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.