Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jrl767

Ops Spec probably requires an announcement, not who (flight crew or FA) has to actually speak over the PA

Again, 99% of crew would be out of compliance. I rarely hear an announcement. However they do walk the cabin to check everyone is belted in. I'm betting it's an either or situation. Either announce or visual verify.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
Not true, Dave!

I was in JFK T2 of all places last week and their TP was actually two-ply and downright luxurious as far as public restroom TP goes.

The "public restroom" qualifier is a very important one, of course. Airplane lav TP is so thin, I'd not be surprised if some of those rolls were purchase by NWA and just haven't run out yet.
Shhh..... now some bean counter at Virginia avenue will ask an intern to go and separate the two ply's and double the number of rolls available (between bringing them cups of coffee) and book $65,983 profit for Q3.
gooselee likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:39 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Again, 99% of crew would be out of compliance. I rarely hear an announcement.
Are you like keeping a log?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by pvn
Are you like keeping a log?
Thus the need for better TP?

TheHorta likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:06 am

I think that’s actually in the Ops Spec (FAA-approved, therefore mandatory)
Unfortunately, that doesn't make it any less annoying.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
FAs that don’t enforce upright seat backs in F during takeoff and landing.

I’ve been seeing this more and more frequently, ATH>JFK in D1, pax in the window seat to my right was nearly half-reclined with his leg rest up, FA walked by him multiple times both ways on final check but never said a word. His light was NOT green, so no false-positive.

Two days ago, LAX>ATL, multiple pax in F (3 that I could see, including the father and his young teen son directly in front of me) were all noticeably reclined on takeoff. All were upright for landing in ATL.

Is the seat back thing a little more lax and loosely enforced, or am I just an outlier in my experience?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Howste
You must have been at an airport above 10,000 feet!
Is there one served by DL? DEN would be about 5,000 feet, maybe Peru? DL doesn't fly to Katmandu (except maybe as a codeshare).
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is there one served by DL? DEN would be about 5,000 feet, maybe Peru? DL doesn't fly to Katmandu (except maybe as a codeshare).
I thought Howste's post was a joke.

The experience I posted about was at ATL. IME streaming video works gate to gate on some planes (I assume the 2ku ones), and that's what I was able to connect to.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: SPG P100, DL DM, B6 Mosaic
Transcons are too fast -- hard to get enough sleep on a 5h SFO-JFK flight. Maybe replace the over-powered 75S with D1-configured 739s that could fly at a speed more accordant with my leisure needs
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by gDolan
Transcons are too fast -- hard to get enough sleep on a 5h SFO-JFK flight. Maybe replace the over-powered 75S with D1-configured 739s that could fly at a speed more accordant with my leisure needs
there are probably more than a few others who wouldn’t complain about going back in time 60-some years to the days of 8-hour TCONs on Lockheed Constellations and Douglas DC-7s
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

The experience I posted about was at ATL. IME streaming video works gate to gate on some planes (I assume the 2ku ones), and that's what I was able to connect to.
I know. I was just wondering whether it could literally be true.
gooselee likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 7:01 am
pvn
Suspended

there are probably more than a few others who wouldn’t complain about going back in time 60-some years to the days of 8-hour TCONs on Lockheed Constellations and Douglas DC-7s
Someone else is paying for their tickets
Old Jul 7, 2018, 8:16 am
pvn
Suspended

that the "Pre Flight Beverage Service, fading fast" is still active but moderators close other threads after four minutes
iadisgreat and defrosted like this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
that’s because it’s still fading
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
No, I'm always completely serious.

Bazinga!
gooselee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.