Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:41 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by apodo77
Landing at ATL 40 minutes late and waiting on a gate.
Empty gates galore.
Pretty legit complaint to me.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:45 pm

If I look at fares with Miles and I choose an outbound flight, I can see what the $ price is by toggling back and forth. Once I choose a return, I can no longer see what the equivalent price in $ is. I have to write down the flights and go back and reenter them after choosing pay with $. Either I am ignorant or the IT sucks. Either way I am complaining.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Just had quite possibly the dimmest FA ever tonight (GoJet). She must have done the safety briefing three times, restarting from the beginning every time there was an interruption. Next she tried to take away my almonds after someone said they had a peanut allergy. After I pointed out that they were in fact almonds, she relented (these were almonds from the snack basket, that she had just handed me). Finally I was given a second Woodford after making clear that I didn't want another one (I of course drank it since wasting good bourbon would be a sin). I could tell that other pax shared my sentiments. This FA simply wasn't all there.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by WWads
Just had quite possibly the dimmest FA ever tonight (GoJet). She must have done the safety briefing three times, restarting from the beginning every time there was an interruption. Next she tried to take away my almonds after someone said they had a peanut allergy. After I pointed out that they were in fact almonds, she relented (these were almonds from the snack basket, that she had just handed me). Finally I was given a second Woodford after making clear that I didn't want another one (I of course drank it since wasting good bourbon would be a sin). I could tell that other pax shared my sentiments. This FA simply wasn't all there.

Drug test time?

Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by teddybear99

Drug test time?

Probably just a few cards short of a full deck. A few months ago, after a series of MX and WX SNAFUs, I mentioned to an FA how the FAs had really done an amazing job on my flights considering the circumstance and how consistently good mainline FAs seem to be. She read between lines of what I was saying and said, "Oh my gosh, isn't it amazing how astoundingly dumb the FAs on the regionals are now?...but they try so hard!" There are some good regional FAs out there and I think they are better than they used to be on average, but it is so true, and some of the things they do really leave you scratching your head.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Instead of a hall to place me rants, I wish this were a corridor.
Weean likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I remember one RJ flight, SklyWest of course, where the "lead" FA (working in FC) had almost as much trouble as the other one figuring out where things were in the galley and then trying to explain to the other one what to do and helping her during most of the flight rather than paying attention to customers in the front of the aircraft. It was beverage service only, no meal, but even that service seemed beyond their abilities. Both wore regular uniforms so I don't think one was a trainee.

It didn't give me much confidence in their knowledge of emergency equipment on the aircraft.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL DM
I have a 6am flight from LGA in the morning and I'm worried as to when the Sky Club opens so I can get some free coffee.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by stencil
I have a 6am flight from LGA in the morning and I'm worried as to when the Sky Club opens so I can get some free coffee.
0500 for both clubs.
stencil likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by The Situation
Probably just a few cards short of a full deck. A few months ago, after a series of MX and WX SNAFUs, I mentioned to an FA how the FAs had really done an amazing job on my flights considering the circumstance and how consistently good mainline FAs seem to be. She read between lines of what I was saying and said, "Oh my gosh, isn't it amazing how astoundingly dumb the FAs on the regionals are now?...but they try so hard!" There are some good regional FAs out there and I think they are better than they used to be on average, but it is so true, and some of the things they do really leave you scratching your head.
Endeavor FAs are often better than mainline. It's the GoJet and ExpressJet FAs that can be sketchy. I don't have enough of a sample to comment on SkyWest, Republic, etc. In this case, it was a FA on a GoJet CRJ7.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by WWads
0500 for both clubs.
The real hero.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by apodo77
Landing at ATL 40 minutes late and waiting on a gate.
Empty gates galore.
Many gates can only take certain aircraft types. For example the A380 (I know, not a DL A/C) can only dock at two or three gates in ATL.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Many gates can only take certain aircraft types. For example the A380 (I know, not a DL A/C) can only dock at two or three gates in ATL.
I was in an A320. Couldn't imgaine any gate at ATL not capable of accomodating it.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold
The M+G lotion dispensers in the skyclub give you WAAAAAY too much lotion in a single pump.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by 1973 Ford Pinto
The M+G lotion dispensers in the skyclub give you WAAAAAY too much lotion in a single pump.
You know you don't have to push the pump all the way down, right?

(Actually, I agree. I usually end up having to use a paper towel again AFTER applying the lotion.)
davetravels likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.